Questions For Religious Preachers - The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com - Debate Anything The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the best online debate website. We're the only online debate website with Casual, "Persuade Me," Formalish, Traditional Formal, and Lincoln-Douglas online debate formats. Using DebateIsland's beautiful, mobile-friendly, and easy-to-use online debate website, you can debate politics, debate popular topics, debate news, or debate anything in a large community of debaters. Debate online for free using DebateIsland, a globally leading online debate website that is utilizing Artificial Intelligence to transform online debating.

DebateIsland.com is the best online debate website. We're the only online debate website with Casual, "Persuade Me," Formalish, Traditional Formal, and Lincoln-Douglas online debate formats. Using DebateIsland's beautiful, mobile-friendly, and easy-to-use online debate website, you can debate politics, debate popular topics, debate news, or debate anything in a large community of debaters. Debate online for free using DebateIsland, a globally leading online debate website that is utilizing Artificial Intelligence to transform online debating.

Questions For Religious Preachers

Debate Information

Do you feel proud of making a living from promoting wishful, far-fetched unsubstantiated concepts as being true?

Do you feel proud of taking advantage of those who are naive, gullible, weak and vulnerable?

Do you feel proud of enforcing your doctrines upon others through fear and guilt?

Do you feel proud that whatever good that you perceive to have done to some has caused more harm to others?

Do you feel proud that whatever you perceive to have done to bring families together has torn many more families apart?

Do you feel proud of inciting your followers to shun and cast scorn over minority groups and at others who choose a different faith or have no faith?

Do you feel proud of yourselves?
JGXdebatePRO
Debate Details +

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Arguments

Arguments

• @Swolliw

Please, can we just accept each other's differences and respect each other rather than having this pointless, endless debate?
    Everyone is too obsessed with themselves being right that they lose sight over the fact that we can all respect each other and live side by side, in harmony.
    yeatereats
    “I’d be lying if I said things are going according to my plan… but beggars can’t be choosers, right?” – Madara Uchiha
  • Swolliw said:
    Do you feel proud of making a living from promoting wishful, far-fetched unsubstantiated concepts as being true?

Do you feel proud of taking advantage of those who are naive, gullible, weak and vulnerable?

Do you feel proud of enforcing your doctrines upon others through fear and guilt?

Do you feel proud that whatever good that you perceive to have done to some has caused more harm to others?

Do you feel proud that whatever you perceive to have done to bring families together has torn many more families apart?

Do you feel proud of inciting your followers to shun and cast scorn over minority groups and at others who choose a different faith or have no faith?

I am not a 

Religious Preacher

"don't you have somewhere else to be?"
  • @Swolliw

Please, can we just accept each other's differences and respect each other rather than having this pointless, endless debate?
    Everyone is too obsessed with themselves being right that they lose sight over the fact that we can all respect each other and live side by side, in harmony.
    this is true!
  • yes can everyone accept each others differences

• Swolliw said:

I am not a 

Religious Preacher

@yeatereats
    We know you are not a religious preacher, and nobody is accusing you of being one.
    What @Swolliw is trying to do is provoke sed religious preachers to argue for the sake of arguing.

xlJ_dolphin_473
    “I’d be lying if I said things are going according to my plan… but beggars can’t be choosers, right?” – Madara Uchiha
  • TKDBTKDB 667 Pts
    edited September 13
    @Swolliw

Dude, being religious is voluntary.

So if you're anti Religious, tell me how Religion, is justifiably interfering in your life?

Because if you're anti Religious, then your anti Religious judgement is irrelevant, isn't it?

Because you're not being shackled by Religion are you?
  • @JGXdebatePRO

I thoroughly agree with you, however, this is a debate site and we are anonymously expressing our views through an open forum.
    I suppose I could say, "if you don't like the heat, stay out of the kitchen", but I won't.

It is through debate and argument that we develop consensus and respect for each other. We have all seen the results of the alternative......war.
    For my part, I have always thoroughly researched my topics and provided reason, valid evidence and balanced justification in exposing the radical beliefs of others and how they detrimentally impact decent, honest, civilised human beings. 

Do you have a worthwhile contribution to this thread or are you just content with sitting on the sidelines and sneering at what others say?
  • @yeatereats
    this is true!

And, as I said to Mr Fence-sitter there.........
    I thoroughly agree with you, however, this is a debate site and we are anonymously expressing our views through an open forum.
    I suppose I could say, "if you don't like the heat, stay out of the kitchen", but I won't.

It is through debate and argument that we develop consensus and respect for each other. We have all seen the results of the alternative......war.
    For my part, I have always thoroughly researched my topics and provided reason, valid evidence and balanced justification in exposing the radical beliefs of others and how they detrimentally impact decent, honest, civilised human beings. 

Do you have a worthwhile contribution to this thread or are you just content with sitting on the sidelines and sneering at what others say?
  • @JGXdebatePRO
    What @Swolliw is trying to do is provoke sed religious preachers to argue for the sake of arguing.

That's right, and as I mentioned to you, that is what a debating forum is for.
    Religious preachers have, for centuries, taken advantage of those who are weak and vulnerable through mental and physical abuse and it is through exposing this sort of evil that we can move forward towards a more decent civilised society. For as long as we have those who are naive and gullible we will have leaches who will capitalise by plying their seedy trade, whether it be shonky used car salesmen, naturopaths, chiropractors, clairvoyants or preachers.
    Through educating the weak and vulnerable and alerting them to scams I believe that I am making a worthy contribution to society.
  • @TKDB

Like all nefarious behaviour, religion seeps into the pores of decent, moral society.
    As you may well know, and I have mentioned many times, my in-laws are JWs and the quirky decisions and actions of those bastards affect my family as well.
    As with any illness in society, we can always hope that good will triumph over evil and I believe that one day we will have finally eliminate the scourge of religion.

• @TKDB

Like all nefarious behaviour, religion seeps into the pores of decent, moral society.
    As you may well know, and I have mentioned many times, my in-laws are JWs and the quirky decisions and actions of those bastards affect my family as well.
    As with any illness in society, we can always hope that good will triumph over evil and I believe that one day we will have finally eliminate the scourge of religion.

• Swolliw said:
    @Swolliw
    Nothing wrong with making a meta-argument (Why are we even arguing about this in the first place, is this a false dichotomy, etc).
  • @xlJ_dolphin_473
    Nothing wrong with making a meta-argument (Why are we even arguing about this in the first place, is this a false dichotomy, etc).

If you are referring to "this" as being the thread, my intention was to highlight the fact that religious preachers may come across as being smiley, honest and trustworthy but underneath they are slimy, dishonest parasitic leeches and must be held accountable for their lies and deception.

If you are referring to "this" as being the limp-wristed twit above who thinks he is full of morals that he makes himself some sort of referee (or God) in commenting about fair discussion, he deserves to be told.
    But anyway, enough said, what are your objective thoughts on those slimy, dishonest parasitic leeches called religious preachers?
  • JGXdebatePROJGXdebatePRO 240 Pts
    edited September 14
    @Swolliw

I know that this is a debate forum and you have to make your opinion heard.
    But I am not fence-sitting, that is purely my view on the matter.
    I have an interesting fact for you.

Some people actually want to hear the opponent's speech, not just be like "blah blah religion sucks" because being so militantly anti-theist is a religion in itself, therefore defeating the purpose.

There is a fundamental difference between atheists such as myself, and anti-theists such as you.
  • SwolliwSwolliw 399 Pts
    edited September 15
    @JGXdebatePRO
    Isn't it great that you should declare to everyone your profound traits of cognisance and insightfulness?

Some people actually want to hear the opponent's speech, not just be like "blah blah religion sucks" because being so militantly anti-theist is a religion in itself, therefore defeating the purpose.
    Name these "some people" and where any post says "blah blah blah religion sucks". Or have you been honourably appointed to represent "some people"?
    That (those) is not a fact, it is your own self-centered, unqualified and unqualifiable nonsense.

There is a fundamental difference between atheists such as myself, and anti-theists such as you.
    The difference is that I have years of experience at making thought-provoking, well-researched, truthful, properly qualified, unbiased posts.
    So far, you haven't even graduated from making opinionated, self-serving, sneering remarks from the sidelines.
    Oh, and a suggestion...perhaps, for the time being, you may want to dispense with the "PRO" at the end of your name....it just doesn't belong.

xlJ_dolphin_473JGXdebatePRO
  • @Swolliw
    Swolliw said:
    The difference is that I have years of experience at making thought-provoking, well-researched, truthful, properly qualified, unbiased posts.
    “Years of experience”

:error: 
  • @xlJ_dolphin_473
    “Years of experience”

Yes, years of experience, plus more.
    I came onto this site when it first opened....upon coming back recently, I was unable to resurrect my old account so started a new one....I have reversed my user name but essentially it is the same old, sharp-witted, moralistic me. If you care to look on other sites such as Kialo, Debateart and DDO you will notice I have been contributing there for ages.
  • TKDBTKDB 667 Pts
    @Swolliw

The Jehova Witnesses are a byproduct of their own mental creation.
  • JGXdebatePROJGXdebatePRO 240 Pts
    edited September 15
    Swolliw said:
    @JGXdebatePRO
    Isn't it great that you should declare to everyone your profound traits of cognisance and insightfulness?@Swolliw ;
    Yes, it is, because I am correct and you are wrong. This is a debate forum, not a monologue forum. If you wish to say I am wrong, please post why you believe so. This is called a "debate" 

Name these "some people" and where any post says "blah blah blah religion sucks". Or have you been honourably appointed to represent "some people"?
    That (those) is not a fact, it is your own self-centered, unqualified and unqualifiable nonsense.
    Well, the "some people" I am talking about is literally everybody who is willing to have a respectful debate, unlike some people *cough*Swolliw*cough*. Also, of course, I don't believe that you have said "blah blah religion sucks" but that is all I gathered from your slightly shallow arguments.
    So far, you haven't even graduated from making opinionated, self-serving, sneering remarks from the sidelines.
    Ahahahahhahah. Ahahahhahahaha. Unbiased. That's funny. 

"Do you feel proud that whatever you perceive to have done to bring families together has torn many more families apart?
    Do you feel proud of inciting your followers to shun and cast scorn over minority groups and at others who choose a different faith or have no faith?"

Tooootaly unbiased. right.

Oh, and a suggestion...perhaps, for the time being, you may want to dispense with the "PRO" at the end of your name....it just doesn't belong.
    Well, you'll just have to Swolliw your pride and accept it, because it will not be changing any time soon.
  • @JGXdebatePRO
    Swolliw said:
    @JGXdebatePRO
    Isn't it great that you should declare to everyone your profound traits of cognisance and insightfulness?@Swolliw ;
    Yes, it is, because I am correct and you are wrong. This is a debate forum, not a monologue forum. If you wish to say I am wrong, please post why you believe so. This is called a "debate" 
    Yup, you said it all there, didn't you? We all love to stand on our soapboxes but I think you could drop your down more than a few notches.
    Name these "some people" and where any post says "blah blah blah religion sucks". Or have you been honourably appointed to represent "some people"?
    Well, the "some people" I am talking about is literally everybody who is willing to have a respectful debate, unlike some people *cough*Swolliw*cough*. Also, of course, I don't believe that you have said "blah blah religion sucks" but that is all I gathered from your slightly shallow arguments.
    Name one "shallow argument" I have made. It is you who makes the shallow arguments (if any at all), e.g. "Er...no, I like to think that I am not deluded."....really profound that is!
    Ahahahahhahah. Ahahahhahahaha. Unbiased. That's funny. 
    That's right...at least I can add a bit of humour and sarcasm to my arguments.

"Do you feel proud that whatever you perceive to have done to bring families together has torn many more families apart?
    Do you feel proud of inciting your followers to shun and cast scorn over minority groups and at others who choose a different faith or have no faith?"

Tooootaly unbiased. right.
    No, it is biased on the side of my argument which I have backed up many times with evidence and sound reasoning.

Well, you'll just have to Swolliw your pride and accept it, because it will not be changing any time soon.
    That's good, I appreciate your optimism in graduating from your amateurish record to date, I mean......  "I am debating about it to prove that godd is NOT real...duh..."....the only way is up after that resoundingly prolific and intellectually thoughtful prose.

Look, you just have to accept that sometimes I have my tongue firmly planted in the side of my cheek. Remember this is a debate forum which runs without the constructs of a formal debate. In order to get a point across one must take the bull by the horns and deliver points with power and passion. Inevitably you are going to mix in a bit of bullshite but hey, it's a long way better than making remarks from the sidelines and only sticking your toe in to test the water.
    Stay with me, get to know my style and together we will show those arrogant, ignorant theist twits who think they have the universal answer for everything.
    xlJ_dolphin_473