Is globalisation good for society? - The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com - Debate Anything The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the best online debate website. We're the only online debate website with Casual, "Persuade Me," Formalish, Traditional Formal, and Lincoln-Douglas online debate formats. Using DebateIsland's beautiful, mobile-friendly, and easy-to-use online debate website, you can debate politics, debate popular topics, debate news, or debate anything in a large community of debaters. Debate online for free using DebateIsland, a globally leading online debate website that is utilizing Artificial Intelligence to transform online debating.

DebateIsland.com is the best online debate website. We're the only online debate website with Casual, "Persuade Me," Formalish, Traditional Formal, and Lincoln-Douglas online debate formats. Using DebateIsland's beautiful, mobile-friendly, and easy-to-use online debate website, you can debate politics, debate popular topics, debate news, or debate anything in a large community of debaters. Debate online for free using DebateIsland, a globally leading online debate website that is utilizing Artificial Intelligence to transform online debating.

Is globalisation good for society?

Debate Information

I am interested to hear your opinions as I believe that this is an interesting topic.

Debate away!
  1. Live Poll

Is globalisation good for society

3 votes
    1. YEEEEEEEEEEE boi it rulez
      100.00%
    2. NAMANNNNNNN it sux
        0.00%
“I’d be lying if I said things are going according to my plan… but beggars can’t be choosers, right?” – Madara Uchiha
Debate Details +

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
44%
Margin

Details +

Arguments

Arguments

• xlJ_dolphin_473xlJ_dolphin_473 546 Pts
    edited September 14

The Argument for Globalisation

Welcome to the debate. Here are my main arguments in favour of globalisation.

A global trade network

Globalisation allows a product to be manufactured in Taiwan, branded in India and sold in the US. This is beneficial for American buyers, who have access to a wider variety of products, Indian advertisers, who have more opportunity to do their work, and Taiwanese manufacturers, who have access to a whole new industry which anyone, no matter how unskilled or uneducated. Overall, it benefits every person involved in the product process, from the producer to the consumer. It adds to our economy, and this can only be a good thing.

Culture-sharing

Globalisation gives us the opportunity to appreciate the value and beauty of other cultures, without having to go to the country on an expensive and polluting aeroplane or boat trip. We can enjoy the best of all worlds: I can order Italian pizza on my American iPhone, sitting on my Danish furniture, all from the comfort of my English home. We can experience the joys of other cultures in their full and glorious form, without having to travel.

Flow of ideas

Suppose some Dutch student comes up with a brilliant idea for a revolutionary product. Without globalisation, only the Dutch people would be able to enjoy the benefits of this revolutionary invention. With a globalised society, everyone, all around the world, has access to this product, and the bright Dutch student has a greater market for their invention.

In conclusion, globalisation has its benefits and drawbacks, but the benefits outweigh the drawbacks by far, and give us access to a culture-rich global community for everyone to enjoy.