frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

Trumponomics explained: Why growth is going to take a while

Debate Information

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/03/10/trumponomics-explained-why-growth-is-going-to-take-a-while.html

CNBC published a detailed opinion on Trump's economics impact. Do you agree?
  1. Live Poll

?

5 votes
    1. Yes
      60.00%
    2. No
      40.00%
Live Long and Prosper

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• I agree with this report.
  • CYDdhartaCYDdharta 1823 Pts   -  
    I don't understand the point of the report.  It states that consumer confidence and business expectations are high, and will most likely lead to a much improved economy.  No one could change the economy overnight, and no one with any sense expected that.  It seems all they're saying is that initial indications are good and that a noticeably improved economy is coming.  What more could anyone expect?
    Applesauce
  • inc4tinc4t 186 Pts   -  
    I think this article is fairly unbiased and business sentiment focused - which is refreshing for a change.
    it is interesting that the market clearly priced in Trump-optimisim over future performance, and essentially it is way too soon to see the data. I like their "animil spirit" term.
  • lawrunura_19lawrunura_19 2 Pts   -  
    The report is great.
  • agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    I like the report. It explains economics behind market sentiment that drove Trump optimism. While initial results are encouraging, that is really not a leading indicator and real change will take time. Next quarterly report will have a bit more credibility if shows positive numbers.
    Live Long and Prosper
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 5947 Pts   -  
    I think the report is not completely self-consistent, since it lists the factors that may contribute to the rapid economical growth in the future, but do not list the factors which could prevent them from happening. For the tax cuts to work as intended, the governmental spending should be cut respectively - and this is not the case, as we see the governmental debt growing as fast it did during the Obama's terms. The debt cannot grow forever, and eventually the reckoning will come, as it does for all Ponzi schemes eventually.

Economical optimism is a good thing and it has a positive effect on the economical growth - however it can quickly be replaced with pessimism and economical shrinkage, as the overheated economy with overvalued assets and overvalued ability of the government to pay for its programs has investors quickly pulling their assets out. This happened in 2008, and now it seems that Trump administration could be repeating Bush administration's mistake.

Overall, I am optimistic with regards to the economy, and I think that Trump's term will end with the economy being in a better state than it was at the end of Obama's second term - although it is hardly an achievement, since Obama's terms were a disaster for the economy and it is not too hard for the economy to jump back at its feet with just minor adjustments to the insanely expensive federal programs.