frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

Your definition of Christianity is likely not Biblical.

Debate Information

As I've spent more time getting acquainted with debate Island. I find myself, on both sides, seeing arguments for or against Christianity that are not actually Christianity. I'm specifically saying, core tenants of the faith. To specify one, Jesus is not a created being. 

To those interested in having this conversation, here's the premise I'll lay out:

The person engaging will outline their definition of what Christianity is. Basically, what are Christians required to do and believe to call themselves a Christian? We can save the optional stuff for another debate (e.g. baptism).

My burden upon the outlining of the other person is to use a Biblically based argument to show that the statistically observed lean towards incorrect assumptions (based on my observations, I'm not trying to be presumptuous!) are in fact incorrect. 

If I agree at the outset, awesome! Sorry to have wasted your time. I've done this only a few times with people, but have yet to find an area that we couldn't discuss. 

I'm not looking to set something up to ridicule and try and puff my ego through some forced, unfair "victory". How silly and what a waste of both our time. If I'm making opinion based arguments, I fail.

Thus, we must assume the Christian worldview for this discussion. For example, but how do you know God exists, isn't a relevant question for the purpose of this.

If you're a professing Christian, I'd think you'd want to confirm if you're in line with Jesus' teachings. I sure do. If im misunderstanding, what a great way to surface it! It's something I personally do with those I trust who follow Jesus with my own theological understanding all of the time. 

If you're not Christian, I just hope to better target the objections and arguments raised against Christianity for future discussions. I think there are some really good arguments and points of conflict out there and I want to explore them. I just feel bogged down by the incorrect assumption discussions mid theological debate across topics.

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
Tie
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments