frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

How Do Theists Love To Distort Meanings?

Debate Information

(All religions are true religions, all their tenets are false...Plaffelvohfen)

The T word seems to be au courant for theists to give their particular brand of wackiness some sort of credibility and, as Plaffelvohfen quite rightly pointed out, all truth means is that it is true that (my religion) exists. "The Bible is true"...yes, it is true that there is a Bible.

Let's look at what else is de rigueur for our beloved deluded brothers caught floundering in the sea of incredulity......"The word of God". Well, crickey geee, how covered in corn is that? Many theists now admit that this expression means that it is "words inspired by God", which of course means, any damn thing you care to write. Nevertheless, the expression is emotive and, of course, deceptive.

Oh, and of course, trending on our screens right now is "experience". It simply doesn't cut the mustard in these modern, informed times to say "I saw and heard God" or "I walked hand in hand with Jesus". Next thing is that your closest friends and kin will be petitioning for a committal order. So, as a last futile attempt in fending off reasoned objections to their insanity, out comes the nose-in-the-air curly wurly...."Aw, p off...you don't know what it's like to experience God". Maybe so, but I know delusion when I experience it.

Going hand-in-hand or should I say elbow-to-elbow with the "e" word is "relationship". Isn't that a lovely feel-good legitimate word to hijack and give others the impression that one has an intimate friendship with an invisible, ruthless taskmaster, oh...who also happens to be unfaithful to the tune of having relationships with 2.3 billion other people? And hey, it seems that the Christian God swings both ways.

And then there's the big kahuna...yep you guessed it....."LOVE". After centuries of war, murder, brutality and oppression the PR boys at Christian Inc decided that they need to create a more palatable image for their product which had been waning desperately in popularity since Darwin sailed back home and put the kibosh on any chance there is actually a God. Following 6 days (11.5 billion years for you Biblical scholars) of liquid lunches, one of them smacks the boardroom table and decades, "Eureka, I've got it!...."God Is Love". "Oh yessss", they all agreed, punching the air in drunken stupors. It has the emotive "L" word, it has the "G" word and it has the assertive "I" word all in one metaphor. "and hey guys, since all those naive, gullible Goddists out there love to talk and think metaphorically we have a win-win situation".

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
Tie
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments