My conversation with my theist friend - The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com - Debate Anything The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the best online debate website. We're the only online debate website with Casual, "Persuade Me," Formalish, Traditional Formal, and Lincoln-Douglas online debate formats. Using DebateIsland's beautiful, mobile-friendly, and easy-to-use online debate website, you can debate politics, debate popular topics, debate news, or debate anything in a large community of debaters. Debate online for free using DebateIsland, a globally leading online debate website that is utilizing Artificial Intelligence to transform online debating.

DebateIsland.com is the best online debate website. We're the only online debate website with Casual, "Persuade Me," Formalish, Traditional Formal, and Lincoln-Douglas online debate formats. Using DebateIsland's beautiful, mobile-friendly, and easy-to-use online debate website, you can debate politics, debate popular topics, debate news, or debate anything in a large community of debaters. Debate online for free using DebateIsland, a globally leading online debate website that is utilizing Artificial Intelligence to transform online debating.

My conversation with my theist friend

Debate Information

Me:Hi

friend:hi

me:how are you?

friend:I am good thanks for asking, hope so ur good

me:yeah...

me:-did u read that some scientist got noble award for research in black hole?

friend:eh thats all the lie, itself Big Bang is biggest lie...

me:oh so if Big Bang is the biggest lie what is biggest truth?

friend:eh eh one minute...

me:So have u watched movie Milk?

friend:eh 

me:oh what happened?

friend:umm I think they have some kind of mental illness

me:I think u have some kind of mental illness as everyone have their own freedom to live their life, as everyone have right to live freely...

me:so let’s discuss something else

friend:bruhh go ur devil ur very rude...

me:oh ok lol I m devil, what is ur definition of devil? Plss clear it...

me:so what do u think which area has biggest competition?

friend:umm religion?

me:yes I think so coz true believers are very rare now a days unlike u, that’s the fact but I meant something else

friend:what else 

me:haha so answer is Be a good human being.There is a lot of opportunity in this area and very little competition.

:) 
Debate Details +

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Arguments

Arguments

• @Thor
    Yes, very good. I've never seen a thread done in this kind of skit format before.
    Just one criticism though. Perhaps you should have got your preschool minder to check your grammar and spelling.
    Thor
  • I have learned that friends of different persuasions should not discuss politics, religion or social issues at the peril of their lasting friendship.
    Thor
  • ThorThor 24 Pts
    @AddledBrain
    Haha agreed but this is an imaginary conversation to show somethings...

Peace
    Har Har Mahadev
  • @AddledBrain
    I have learned that friends of different persuasions should not discuss politics, religion or social issues at the peril of their lasting friendship.

Surely if your friends are "true" there should be no problem with speaking your mind.
    If you lose a friend because of your opposing views, he never was a true friend in the first place or he was a friend worth losing anyway.
  • AddledBrainAddledBrain 40 Pts
    edited October 15
    @Swolli, I admire how idealistic you are.  My lunchtime gang (the ROMEO Club) will help each other out in any way, and often do but, we all have an understood arrangement : we don't talk about these sensitive subjects because none of us want to be a burden on the rest of us.  If I want to talk politics I have another set of friends who think the way I do and it's a much more comfortable, roundly supportive conversation.

On the other hand, I'm kind of hung up on your term "true" friend.  What do you mean ?  Do you have any ?  Do most people have them ? I guess my wife is a true friend.  She wouldn't leave me if I put my cold feet on her (the first time).
  • ThorThor 24 Pts
    @AddledBrain

wow so sweet...

umm but with “true friend” we don’t have to think much to what to speak and what not...True friend are who cherish everything with each other and also always stand in each other’s hard time...
    edited October 15
    @Thor, I'll bet if you told your true friend he was a piece of hyena turd and if he didn't like it you'd molest his children again, he wouldn't like it.

Please don't take my post personally.  I'm just making the point that there's a certain limit to all friendships.  Something tells me "true" is a sliding scale.

If you tell me you'd never utter such a thing to a true friend, that's sort of my point.  You know your limit with all your friends.  All of us ROMEOs know our limit and we remain good friends.
  • ThorThor 24 Pts
    edited October 15
    @AddledBrain
    I think understanding between friends is also important as if I understand my friend that what he do like and what not then we would enjoy with each other...

Rather knowing our limits (it is important) but we can understand each other and could be transparent to each other...

And haha no I don’t take ur post personally...

I think ROMEOs have good understanding rather than knowing limits...
  • SwolliwSwolliw 567 Pts
    edited October 15
    @AddledBrain
    On the other hand, I'm kind of hung up on your term "true" friend.

Yep, good point and very difficult to define except as how I outlined.
    Your ROMEO club must be a bunch of woozers if they try and make out that certain subjects are sensitive....politics, religion or social issues; which to my mind rules out just about everything except the weather and how bright the daisies look.
    Geeziz, I'd like to be a fly on the wall of the cafe where you guys meet.
    edited October 16

A little while back we had a new neighbor move in.  I invited him to lunch with our group.  Uncharacteristically, we ventured into a political subject that day.  We never saw our neighbor at lunch again .. someone who may have had new and original ideas to offer to some of our future conversations.  I think we lost something in breadth of exposure when he didn't show up again.  He had expertises and experiences none of the rest of us possessed.

It occurred to me, if we limit our conversationalists only to those who won’t be put off by some controversial subjects and some of our opinions, we may end up with a very small group, indeed, with limited, maybe small, ideas. I’m reminded of the old adage : There’s a time and a place (and I may add, in this instance, a faction) for everything.

Carrying your ideas to their logical conclusion, @Swolliw, limiting the people with whom one carries on conversations to only their truest friends may end up with only a couple of people sitting there, looking at each other, wonder what to talk about next as they've already covered most subjects.  It may be a choice between limiting conversationalists or limiting conversation subjects. It's all about personal preference, I'm sure.

• @AddledBrain
    We never saw our neighbor at lunch again ..
    He may have happened to have talked politics but it could be just that he was a complete nitwit and he would have left anyhow.
    I really think your group is becoming elitist in filtering out subjects that are really not sensitive, especially social issues, which is so broad-ranging anyway.
    Your group resembles another institution I am all too aware of.....Religion.
    Yes, the big R-word. Religious institutions are notorious for excluding other people and information to their followers for fear of having their pretty little delicate minds being tainted by heathen thoughts.
    So, I am interested as to what on earth you guys do talk about.