What Is Delusion? - The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com - Debate Anything The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the best online debate website. We're the only online debate website with Casual, "Persuade Me," Formalish, Traditional Formal, and Lincoln-Douglas online debate formats. Using DebateIsland's beautiful, mobile-friendly, and easy-to-use online debate website, you can debate politics, debate popular topics, debate news, or debate anything in a large community of debaters. Debate online for free using DebateIsland, a globally leading online debate website that is utilizing Artificial Intelligence to transform online debating.

DebateIsland.com is the best online debate website. We're the only online debate website with Casual, "Persuade Me," Formalish, Traditional Formal, and Lincoln-Douglas online debate formats. Using DebateIsland's beautiful, mobile-friendly, and easy-to-use online debate website, you can debate politics, debate popular topics, debate news, or debate anything in a large community of debaters. Debate online for free using DebateIsland, a globally leading online debate website that is utilizing Artificial Intelligence to transform online debating.

What Is Delusion?

Debate Information

Teacher: Now, This morning boys and girls, Horace is going to give us a talk about what he did during the school holidays.

Horace: Aw yeah, right. well ah, during the school holidays I went over the hill and saw this great big monster, and it was pink and had yellow wings and it was breathing fire and then it........

Teacher: ......Ah well, I think we have heard enough of your very colourful, If not, fanciful story, Horace.

Horace: You don't believe me, do you Miss? I mean, you don't know what it's like to experience that monster do you? And you don't have faith that there are pink monsters with yellow wings. Waaaah, Waaah, Waaaah!

Teacher: All I'm saying Horace, is that you have a very vivid imagination (in other words, You're bleeding deluded) and don't have any solid proof of what you er, "experienced".

Horace: Waaaah, Waaah, Waaaah! You think I'm like one of them religious nuts who believes in God, don't you? Waaaah, Waaah, Waaaah!

Teacher: Of course not Horace, you're nowhere near that deluded.
Debate Details +

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
56%
Margin

Details +

Arguments

Arguments

• ThorThor 26 Pts
    edited October 15
    @Swolliw
    I would stick to ur topic of debate what is delusion?
    (I m not here to discuss religion)

I would share one real incident of one woman:

Once there was a woman who lived in a home which was located in deep woods so then one day she heard that anyone was speaking her name in low tone so she ignored it for a few days but day by day it started increasing and one day she started listening as if anyone is shouting her name thus she felt that any evil force is there in her house...

So next day she went to online forum where paranormal investigators could help her so she discussed her situation so after few hours of analysing they concluded that the all the symptoms which u said us are of inhalation of Carbon Monoxide(CO) then next day when it was checked it was found to be truth coz in actual carbon monoxide was leaking...

So mind is the biggest force and it would delude anyone in such a way that u would sometimes forget what is reality and what is delusion...

Hope u enjoyed reading ;)
  • @Thor
    Hope u enjoyed reading 

Yeah, that was a good account. The woman was still deluded though; in this case, it was because of a specific factor.
    I have written many threads on delusion and in essence, we all suffer delusions from time to time and for varying reasons.
    What sets religion apart is that followers are afflicted by delusion 24/7 and their quirky beliefs filter into everyday decision-making.
  • ThorThor 26 Pts
    @Swolliw
    followers are afflicted by delusion 24/7...

haha no religion is not delusion it is a belief which gives faith to oneself to accomplish any task.

quirky beliefs filter into everyday decision-making...

Which type of beliefs are quirky in ur opinion coz it is the game of opinion lol...
  • @Thor
    haha no religion is not delusion it is a belief which gives faith to oneself to accomplish any task.

Fact: anyone who firmly believes in God is deluded. (delusion: an incorrect or misleading notion based on inaccurate facts or faulty reasoning often as a symptom of mental illness)
    Jehovah's witnesses refuse life-saving blood transfusions. Most Christian denominations believe in vilifying minority groups such as gays. Christians display their hatred and bigotry in day to day life. They not only display quirky but also distasteful beliefs.
    Fact: Theists are weird. (weird:  of or pertaining to witches or witchcraftsupernaturalunearthly)

All my assertions are fully backed up by facts and sound reasoning they are not just opinion.
  • ThorThor 26 Pts
    edited October 16
    @Swolliw

haha it's ur mere opinion bro plss agree coz for example i agree that believing in god is not a delusion and reality and u at same time believe that god is only and only delusion  :D

And I agree that the witches witchcraft and all are activity which fools the mind and are fake nothing else but ur statement anyone who believes in god is deluded is fallacy...
  • SwolliwSwolliw 594 Pts
    edited October 17
    @Thor
    haha it's ur mere opinion bro plss agree coz for example i agree that believing in god is not a delusion and reality and u at same time believe that god is only and only delusion 

You only believe your point and for no other reason.
    I correctly asserted my points because they are fully backed up by irrefutable evidence. Unless you care to appeal the entries as per the Oxford Dictionary and have them changed.
    My points stand as proven.
    Where were you when God handed out the brains, by the way?
  • ThorThor 26 Pts
    @Swolliw
    By the way r u deluded? :/ :D

• @Thor
    By the way r u deluded?

Good question. 
    I can and have suffered delusions just like anyone else. However, just like my demons, I am in full control of my faculties and keep them in check. For example, I have dropped my tequila intake to just 2 1/2 bottles a day.
    Unlike hardcore theists however. Since they are besotted by their quirky, demonic beliefs 24/7 they are in a constant state of delusion.
  • ThorThor 26 Pts
    @Swolliw
    Haha nice lol...
    See theists are also not deluded coz u may ask me then why they bring their god their teachings in between so the reason is they start seeing the everything as their practise says them like they keep their soul soothed by speaking their name of god(but they should check that they are right or not)...

And there was a survey in which the mental state was analysed between theists,sex workers and shockingly it was found that theist were found to be in good mental state than sex workers too...

Hope u understand theists are not deluded...
  • @Thor
    Hope u understand theists are not deluded

Very few people who say they are religious actually believe in God. Those who really do believe in God are deluded. I didn't make that up, it is not my opinion but, by definition, delusion is maintaining an idiosyncratic belief despite being contradicted by reality or reason.
    And Geeziz bleeding Kerrist! Saying that theists are saner than sex workers is being a bit rich.
    Thor
  • ThorThor 26 Pts
    @Swolliw

I can’t explain u more than this sorry...

Enjoy!!! ;)