More important matter? - The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com - Debate Anything The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the best online debate website. We're the only online debate website with Casual, "Persuade Me," Formalish, Traditional Formal, and Lincoln-Douglas online debate formats. Using DebateIsland's beautiful, mobile-friendly, and easy-to-use online debate website, you can debate politics, debate popular topics, debate news, or debate anything in a large community of debaters. Debate online for free using DebateIsland, a globally leading online debate website that is utilizing Artificial Intelligence to transform online debating.

DebateIsland.com is the best online debate website. We're the only online debate website with Casual, "Persuade Me," Formalish, Traditional Formal, and Lincoln-Douglas online debate formats. Using DebateIsland's beautiful, mobile-friendly, and easy-to-use online debate website, you can debate politics, debate popular topics, debate news, or debate anything in a large community of debaters. Debate online for free using DebateIsland, a globally leading online debate website that is utilizing Artificial Intelligence to transform online debating.

More important matter?

Debate Information

I sometimes have a hard time looking at all the bad news going on around the world. Previously, all the global warming warnings were there. Now there is a covid-19 threat, which is taken as a priority by most presidents and prime ministers. This does not mean that the global warming threat is gone...

Which threat do you think is the priority and most important?
xlJ_dolphin_473
Debate Details +

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Arguments

Arguments

• ThorThor 26 Pts
    Yes I have too hard time seeing bad news from which earth is suffering because of carelessness of us humans only...

Currently covid is the only thing on which we should give attention coz millions are dying because of it...

And global warming is not a recent issue it is the thing which is warned from many years and recently I read the poster was leaned on Eiffel Tower as “REBEL”  by the climate activists so global warming is the issue which need to be accounted but covid is the only thing we should prioritise..

FYI good information is that due to covid pandemic  many billion tonnes of global CO2 is decreased from the earth  :)

• xlJ_dolphin_473xlJ_dolphin_473 620 Pts
    edited October 16
    I believe that the coronavirus makes global warming less important ,because many countries have flight restrictions, so there is less plane travel = less CO2 = less global warming. For now I think the coronavirus is more important because global warming hasn’t killed anyone yet, while coronavirus has caused over 1 million deaths. However, we must not lose sight of global warming and still try to reduce our emissions.
  • RickeyDRickeyD 694 Pts
    edited October 16
    Global warming is cyclical, it happens and mankind does not control the weather, God does and time and the seasons will continue until His Plan for Time and Eternity is fulfilled then this Earth will be purified - destroyed by fire...until such time, the Earth will continue just as it is and there is NOTHING mankind can do to thwart that truism.

COVID-19 is a Globalist-Communist-Democrat Progressive hyped hoax with a 99.997 survival rate for infected persons under 20-years of age and a 99+% survival rate for infected persons 1-59-years of age. COVID has been used by communist democrats in the United States and throughout Europe in a election year to attack our President, those who support him i.e. primarily the weakening middle class, hard working, conservative, American patriot.

Both global warning and COVID are irrelevant compared to the horror that will ensue if Communist Biden and knee-pads Harris assume control of our federal government.

• AlofRIAlofRI 1037 Pts
    One is as important as the other, both have immediate importance, Covid19 is of MORE immediate importance!  If the REAL numbers of death it has caused, including those who have died from complicating an existing condition like asthma, heart problems, or others, where a Covid test was not worth the wasting, the number would likely be around a quarter of a million or above within the U.S.!

A REAL President would prioritize each, put QUALIFIED PEOPLE in charge, and work to reduce the damage from BOTH. Rather than ignore one and ridicule the other!
    PlaffelvohfenxlJ_dolphin_473
  • Covid is of more importance at least for now because we dont really know the extent of damage global warming will cause (we can guess).

The way we look to combat global warming is wrong.  We look to completely shutdown fossil fuels which is ridiculous not only because of the wreck it would put on our economy but is important that we continue to make them cleaner and more efficient as developing countries cant afford new green technology. However they can use natural gas and clean coal innovation. Also not using nuclear energy because of an irrational fear is ridiculous.

Using the same climate sensitivity as the U.N.’s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change assumes in its modeling, the world would be only 0.137 degree Celsius cooler by 2100. Even if we assumed every other industrialized country would be equally on board, this would merely avert warming by 0.278 degree Celsius by the turn of the century.