For all the people who would vote for Biden because of Trump's personality... - The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com - Debate Anything The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the best online debate website. We're the only online debate website with Casual, "Persuade Me," Formalish, Traditional Formal, and Lincoln-Douglas online debate formats. Using DebateIsland's beautiful, mobile-friendly, and easy-to-use online debate website, you can debate politics, debate popular topics, debate news, or debate anything in a large community of debaters. Debate online for free using DebateIsland, a globally leading online debate website that is utilizing Artificial Intelligence to transform online debating.

DebateIsland.com is the best online debate website. We're the only online debate website with Casual, "Persuade Me," Formalish, Traditional Formal, and Lincoln-Douglas online debate formats. Using DebateIsland's beautiful, mobile-friendly, and easy-to-use online debate website, you can debate politics, debate popular topics, debate news, or debate anything in a large community of debaters. Debate online for free using DebateIsland, a globally leading online debate website that is utilizing Artificial Intelligence to transform online debating.

For all the people who would vote for Biden because of Trump's personality...

Debate Information

Just because you don't like Trump's personality, you are willing to sacrifice....

Retirement and 401K savings?

Job security after this Covid passes?

Finally having Border security after decades of do nothing politicians?

Energy independence from Mid Eastern oil, with cheaper cleaner burning natural gas?

Public school freedoms to protect your daughter's sports from so called Transgender boys?

Safety in your neighborhoods from Black lives matter rioters?

Another round of terrorist such as ISIS?

Tax increases that will have a direct impact on your quality of life.

your freedoms from Big Government Democrats who have no problem keeping your businesses shut down.

It is the definition of stupidity when Cutting off the nose to spite the face. Yes Trump has a thin skin, lacks humility, says things when angered, etc. etc. but guess what? WHO CARES when he will re-ignite our great economy after Covid has passed, and continue draining the swamp of political do nothing politicians. He's a work horse and he knows how to get things done.
Biden is on death's door and will allow others to control the agenda for America. He might not make it for four years and a radical Leftwing Vice President would take his place..

Don't make the biggest mistake of your lifetime. It's your secuirty at stake here. Personailty should be your last reasoning for voting against Trump.

PlaffelvohfenHappy_KillbotSkepticalOneCYDdhartaAlofRI
Debate Details +

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Arguments

Arguments

• PlaffelvohfenZeusAres42We_are_accountableAlofRICYDdharta
    At some point in the distant past, the universe went through a phase of cosmic inflation,
    Stars formed, planets coalesced, and on at least one of them life took root.
    Through a long process of evolution this life 
    developed into the human race.
    Humans conquered fire, built complex societies and advanced technology .

All of that so we can argue about nothing.
  • @We_are_accountable

Just because you like Trump, you are willing to sacrifice....

Decency, Honesty, Compassion, Integrity, Truth, Honor, Respect...

Oh, wait, you already do not care about any of that...
    Happy_KillbotZeusAres42We_are_accountableCYDdhartaAlofRI
    " Adversus absurdum, contumaciter ac ridens! "
  • Happy_KillbotPlaffelvohfenWe_are_accountableAlofRIthegodemperor

• I truly believe that Trump is dangerous for this country. The divide that we are experiencing is like no other. All the riots and anger happened under his presidency. Why would I want that again? He lacks any semblance of competency in leadership. He cannot unite a country. He treats anyone with an opposing idea as an enemy. Can you imagine how talks with foreign leaders go if he disagrees? He is an embarrassment to represent this nation. I am perfectly happy to not have a child for my president. I cannot deal with another 4 years of chaos by having a leader who only knows the selfishness of business and not the selflessness of public service. Hopefully in 4 more years we can actually have a good choice to pick. 
    PlaffelvohfenHappy_KillbotWe_are_accountableCYDdhartaAlofRI
  • ZeusAres42ZeusAres42 1513 Pts
    edited October 16

Oh, another thing is that Trump is the only guy in the wolrd that can be treated for Covid-19 in hospital and come out feeling 20 years younger.
    AlofRI

edited October 16
    I truly believe that Trump is dangerous for this country. The divide that we are experiencing is like no other. All the riots and anger happened under his presidency. Why would I want that again? He lacks any semblance of competency in leadership. He cannot unite a country. He treats anyone with an opposing idea as an enemy. Can you imagine how talks with foreign leaders go if he disagrees? He is an embarrassment to represent this nation. I am perfectly happy to not have a child for my president. I cannot deal with another 4 years of chaos by having a leader who only knows the selfishness of business and not the selflessness of public service. Hopefully in 4 more years we can actually have a good choice to pick. 

Yes, just got to let nature take it course. When the Trump era is done then hopefully things can begin to get back to normal for the USA. This ain't even about Left or Right politics anymore. It's just about Trump and his Fans.
    We_are_accountableAlofRI

• @ZeusAres42
    Yes, just got to let nature take it course. When the Trump error is done then hopefully things can begin to get back to normal for the USA.
    You really think Trumpism won't survive a Biden presidency? That it won't linger on for at least a decade or more? 

I really hope you're right, but tbh, I think the first mandate of a Biden presidency will be the most dangerous yet... Those Q zealots and militias will be much triggered, and considering they're already out of touch with reality, well, you can understand my pessimism, right? 

Trump is not really the error, the flawed thinking process that lead to voting for him is... And it won't go away just like that I'm afraid...  :/
    ZeusAres42AlofRI
    edited October 16
    @ZeusAres42
    Yes, just got to let nature take it course. When the Trump error is done then hopefully things can begin to get back to normal for the USA.
    You really think Trumpism won't survive a Biden presidency? That it won't linger on for at least a decade or more? 

I really hope you're right, but tbh, I think the first mandate of a Biden presidency will be the most dangerous yet... Those Q zealots and militias will be much triggered, and considering they're already out of touch with reality, well, you can understand my pessimism, right? 

Trump is not really the error, the flawed thinking process that lead to voting for him is... And it won't go away just like that I'm afraid...  :/
    @Plaffelvohfen I haven't really been following US politics lately. But from just glimpses I no longer see an evoloving nation. Perhaps the USA Empire is finally done. Then again, Empires usually do end up destroying themselves. It happened with the Greeks, the Romans, The Vikings and also the British Empire. History seems to be replete with this stuff.

I guess my previous response was just one of hopeful optimisim. Also, I didn't mean error. I meant era, the currenct time zone. But as it is USA is a seemingly a failing nation.
    PlaffelvohfenWe_are_accountableAlofRI

• @ZeusAres42

Are there any Qanon-ish groups where you are? I'm in Canada and maybe it's because of the proximity to the US but in the last 4-8 years, we've been seeing an increase of activists groups that identity with it (although adapted to the Canadian audience of course). Thankfully they are nowhere near relevant numbers, yet...

I hope Trumpism is not exportable in any way shape or form...
    We_are_accountable
  • You really think Trumpism won't survive a Biden presidency?

Do you really think Trumpism won't survive a term of Biden as an Executive officer? A woman cannot be President legally, to address the rather complex crime of perjury legality it can be proven in a court that all women can be created equal without prejudice, it is as easy as Presadera. Sexual discrimination never justified felony perjury on official documents only prejudice based on the gender of a person.
    AlofRI
  • @thepettypeasant

You have everything backwards as does fake news.

First off, Obama and Biden ushered in this Black Lives Matter rioting during thier eight years of race bating. Trump was not the one who made that Cop suffocate the Black criminal. These non stop riots are a direct result of the Democrat Party fanning the flames of racism, purely for votes.

Very few people deny that the Left is the reason for so much division in our nation. They refuse to allow racism to fade away, because to do so would end their 90% strangle hold on the Black vote each election. Are you truly that blind to what is going on for these past decades? It's all political! Democrats live and breath identity politics.

Trump was just nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize for his leadership in bringing peace to nations. He is bringing our troops home! He decimated ISIS his first year in office. Remember the Obama Biden years of non stop ISIS terrorism? Trump is the first President to not start a war since Jimmy Carter?
    You are spewing pure fake news that we hear every day from the vast majority of Democrat biased news outlets.

Trump is a true leader and not an embarrassment to our nation. He is loved by many nations aroud the world. Even Bin Laden's niece was on TV saying how much she supported Trump for his stance against terrorism. She called Obama worthless in his dealing with Terrorists.
    Weak spineless Democrats who allow the United Nations to set our policies are the embarassment.

If you actually think Democrats are the selfless ones, you are truly brainwashed by fake news. They are as corrupt as it comes. Biden played his vice presidency to get his son Hunter milllions of dollars from the Ukraine and China for pay to play influence. The Left wing media buries those stories.

How many decades have Democrats been telling Black people that they care? What has changed for Black people in all those years? IT'S ALL TALK! Black people were worse off under Obama and Biden. They were worse off then ever before until Trump gave them RECORD LOW unemployment!

How many times have Democrats told you they were going to tax the rich? What did Obama and Biden do when they had control of both house and Senate and Presidency? They pushed through an unbelievably expensive Obamacare and never once ended loop holes for the rich. These corrupt politicians are bought and paid for by those rich people. The politicians ARE THE RICH!

Wake up and see through all the biased pro Democrats news on the media. WAKE UP!
    Happy_KillbotPlaffelvohfenAlofRI
  • @We_are_accountable

Prejudice started with the idea a woman could be legally voted by popularity to any democracy as President of a United State held in Democratic political office, as a justification for women not to legally create all women simply equal. A complex idea like discrimination needs to be the excuse to break legal precedent, as discloser was never seen as necessary as no criminal charge had been made on perjury. 
  • @ZeusAres42

Are there any Qanon-ish groups where you are? I'm in Canada and maybe it's because of the proximity to the US but in the last 4-8 years, we've been seeing an increase of activists groups that identity with it (although adapted to the Canadian audience of course). Thankfully they are nowhere near relevant numbers, yet...

I hope Trumpism is not exportable in any way shape or form...

@Plaffelvohfen Are you talking about anonymous activist groups? Or at least those kinds of activists then. Either way, I find this all garbage too, especially nowadays when it's become rampant with try-hards all just tryna make a name for themselves.

• @ZeusAres42

No, not necessarily anonymous... Groups publicly proclaiming their beliefs in Q-anon type conspiracies... Some people I thought I knew for a long time, people I grew up with, actually giving credence to stories about satanic pedo-ring infesting the halls of power around the world, that type of nonsense... 

I find it unsettling to see a growing number (albeit still inconsequential for now) of those around me... 
    ZeusAres42
  • AlofRIWe_are_accountablePlaffelvohfen
    At some point in the distant past, the universe went through a phase of cosmic inflation,

• We_are_accountable
  • AlofRIAlofRI 1037 Pts
    John_C_87 said:
    @We_are_accountable

Prejudice started with the idea a woman could be legally voted by popularity to any democracy as President of a United State held in Democratic political office, as a justification for women not to legally create all women simply equal. A complex idea like discrimination needs to be the excuse to break legal precedent, as discloser was never seen as necessary as no criminal charge had been made on perjury. 
    WTF??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
    DeePlaffelvohfen
  • If I were not to vote for Biden it would not be by actions of Executive Officer Trump in an election with a woman being set before consitution as a possible candidate it would be due to risk I would then need to take by admitting to perjury and fraud openly in the public in order for the crimes to fall subject to a statute of limitation. We_are_accountable had made a comment on things the effect a person in their choice to vote the democratic candidate would have a right to hear a fundamental truth why their vote can not be won.

This is on top of sexism accusations which I need answer to or be suspect to a crime, The judicial system has taken on two rolls politically clearing criminals after accusation and clearing criminals for an alibi.
  • I've read alot of visceral  reactions to the Trump presidency but not alot of fact based reasons.  No, reasons why Biden's adminitration is a better choice.   @We_are_accountable layed out a fact based case as to why s/he believes Trump is the right choice.

Aside from your personal feelings about Trump and people that vote for him, why is Biden a better choice?  Do you believe he has a better plan?  Is he an affective orator?  Does he have good instincts?  Is he able to make good arguments as to why his plans are better?  

Really tell me why I should vote for Biden?.
    We_are_accountablePlaffelvohfen
  • @all4actt ;
    The reason you should vote for Biden is because Trump was not a very good president. The laundry list of criminal charges, scandals, accusations, and misdeeds are such that should they have befallen any other public official, we would hang them immediately without trial, yet for Trump it seems we are all used to it. Trump has disgraced doctors, lawyers, scientists, businessmen and the military.

If not all of these countless offenses are enough to convince you, or the details and ambiguity surrounding them is such that you have some reasonable doubt, then at least you must concede that he has a record number of criminals in his cabinet or associates who are in prison or have been indicted on federal charges. Included among them are senior officials and campaign staff. This simple fact should at least make you question Trump's ability to judge the character of anyone, and at worst completely convince you that the POTUS, who must among other things, appoints key public roles is unfit to do this job.

Perhaps all of this is too much. Let's not think about Trump at all then, and just see where the country is compared to 4 years ago. This year marks the worst economic downturn in US history. Unemployment is at it's worst in decades. Combined with a global pandemic which thanks to poor decision and deliberate inaction, has taken more lives than at any other peace time in US history. There is rioting and widespread civil unrest, wildfires are sweeping through the forests, and social cohesion is at it's lowest in recent memory. Our national debt exceeds our GDP, our global standing is significantly weaker, and our sovereign enemies are stronger. Wealth inequality is at a peak, while the health of the average person dwindles due to inflated healthcare costs. Fascism is on the rise. Distrust for science is widespread. Narratives are made manifest. Wealth and prosperity are on the decline. Much of the country has no savings left and lives paycheck to paycheck. Issues that have not been problems for decades have resurfaced. On top of all of this, is the near universal feeling that there seems to be no unified vision of what it means to be an American, but instead this ideal has been replaced with tribalism and distrust.

All of this seems like a lot of hits on Trump, but what about Biden? Does he offer anything better? The answer is yes, because while Biden doesn't promise a lot, he does promise a return to normalcy, stability, and solidarity. His administration will no doubt look a lot like the Obama administration, although he will have to take the time to rebuild everything that Trump destroyed in his arrogance and incompetence. I will be the first to say that Biden is far from perfect. He was not my preferred candidate in the primaries, nor do I think that he will magically fix everything.

I would sum up this election with an anecdote: The current state of the union is like being in an abusive relationship, and having the opportunity to leave it for a loveless one.

Come this November, the choice is yours.
    CYDdhartaPlaffelvohfenWe_are_accountable

• @Happy_Killbot

Happy_Killbot

A person’s vote is their own,  demonstration of ability however is more like a grade any man can get as an executive officer. Being a good or bad President is not the same in fundamental truth as being a bad Elected Executive officer. The difference between the two is the democratic standard of Executive officer is lower than that of man set out to demonstrate an ability to be President of a United State. locating the many reasons something can be wrong is never as easy as finding the one reason it may be right.

• @Happy_Killbot

As always, you are fake news spewing deception and lies about Trump. You are STILL bringing up the fake Russian collusiion witch hunt?

You truly should be ashamed of being so pathetically mindless to swallow what Democrats and fake news say about Trump. You can never give any laws pushed forward by Trump to prove anything you say. All the data says the exact opposite of what you say Trump is doing, yet you spew the lies to anyone who dares says a good thing about Trump.

Sickening... IGNORE

Happy_KillbotPlaffelvohfenCYDdharta
  • @all4actt

Thanks for showing there are still a few people on this debate site with a brain, and the common sense to use it.
    Happy_KillbotPlaffelvohfenCYDdharta
  • @all4actt

You will notice that those on the Left have no answers to why you should vote for Biden. They simply use the fake news media playbook and rant about supposed Trump corruption.

They never give you any proof or facts to back up their hatred for Trump. They simply repeat fake news.

Have you noticed all the good news about Covid medical treatments and possible vaccines, and lower death rates, and better Covid numbers in America compared to Europe? Do you hear any of this on fake news? Nah, you would think our naton is gripped in the death throws of the Bubonic Plague to listen to Democrats.

They have nothing good they can say about Biden, so they spend every second trying to hype this Covid hysteria and pretending it is Trump's fault.
    Happy_KillbotPlaffelvohfen
  • @We_are_accountable ;
    As always, you are fake news spewing deception and lies about Trump. You are STILL bringing up the fake Russian collusiion witch hunt?

You truly should be ashamed of being so pathetically mindless to swallow what Democrats and fake news say about Trump. You can never give any laws pushed forward by Trump to prove anything you say. All the data says the exact opposite of what you say Trump is doing, yet you spew the lies to anyone who dares says a good thing about Trump.

Sickening... IGNORE
    I literally never mentioned Russia.

Learn to read loser.

Trump has never done anything positive for this country. We are significantly worse off than we were 4 years ago, and all the data supports that.
    We_are_accountablePlaffelvohfenCYDdharta

• I was serious  about ny question?  Why should I vote for Biden instead of Trump?  I haven't voted yet, so tell me.  Why should i vote for Biden?  Biden isn't tell me anything except basically anybody is better than Trunmp.  He or his campaign haven't really tell me.  Biden doen't even seem b to know what his site says.  So what does he stand for?

@Happy_Killbot

Trump has done nothing good??  So what you are saying is everything he has done is bad for our country?

Are you so blinded by hate for the man that you can't even bring yourself to give the man credit for the good things he has accomplished? 
    We_are_accountable
  • DeeDee 2843 Pts
    Plaffelvohfen
  • DeeDee 2843 Pts
    Plaffelvohfen
  • @Happy_Killbot

Sorry I didn't answer thus first but until I went backvto see what had been written after my last post.  For some reason I wasn't alerted to you addressing me. 

You said>>>Perhaps all of this is too much. Let's not think about Trump at all then, and just see where the country is compared to 4 years ago. This year marks the worst economic downturn in US history. Unemployment is at it's worst in decades. 

This only happened because of the pandemic. Prior to the pandemic did we not have the strongest economy and lowest unemployment? 

The Obama administration had the slowest growth since tbe Great Depression.  A fact that I got from politfact who said the statement was true except for 1 year in 2005 during Bushes administration.

You said>>>Combined with a global pandemic which thanks to poor decision and deliberate inaction, has taken more lives than at any other peace time in US history. 

While I will agree that the pandemic could have been handled better, I just don't think Biden would have handled it better or faster.  

Biden always seems to be a day late and a dollar short with taking a stand on anything.

Also, weren't most choices made by each states Govenors?

You said>>>There is rioting and widespread civil unrest,

The riot were not started by Republicans or even fair minded Democrates.

Again, the way they are handled depends on the Govenor and the municipality leaders.  There are area's  that have nothing but peaceful protests because the minute they are anything but the local governments put their foot down and said not in our city.

Where as other area's  refuse the help of the Federal government. This move takes the responsibility out of POTUS's hands because there is nothing more he can do except tell them if they change their minds just let him know.

Where as Biden said nothing until it became clear that the majority of Americans were tired of it.  To make things even worse his campaign raised money to bail violent protesters out of jail.  As for Kamala Harris.  She has yet to speak against the violence and only encourages the continuations.

You said>>>wildfires are sweeping through the forests, 

Come on. You can't really blame Trump for that.

You said>>>social cohesion is at it's lowest in recent memory

This is true.  I don't know if Biden will be able to change this.  

Changes need to be made but it seems that everyone has forgotten what a good debate and compromises can accomplish.  Do you think Biden can change thus?
    You said>>>Our national debt exceeds our GDP

Isn't this alsio pandemic related? And aren't both parties responsible for this?

Doesn't Biden want to exband the spending?

You said>>>our global standing is significantly weaker

Are you sure about this?  I am not. 

Is Biden a better choice?  I am not sure. 

I do not think I want a President that goes around apologizing to everyone and making our country look as weak as it did when Obama was President.

You said>>>Wealth inequality is at a peak, while the health of the average person dwindles due to inflated healthcare costs

Wealth inequality is at a peak?  Are you sure about this?  The statistics show that actually the growth of the middle class was at it's highest growth pror to the pandemic.  This along with everything 
  • @Happy_Killbot

Sorry I didn't answer thus first but until I went backvto see what had been written after my last post.  For some reason I wasn't alerted to you addressing me. 

You said>>>Perhaps all of this is too much. Let's not think about Trump at all then, and just see where the country is compared to 4 years ago. This year marks the worst economic downturn in US history. Unemployment is at it's worst in decades. 

This only happened because of the pandemic. Prior to the pandemic did we not have the strongest economy and lowest unemployment? 

The Obama administration had the slowest growth since tbe Great Depression.  A fact that I got from politfact who said the statement was true except for 1 year in 2005 during Bushes administration.

You said>>>Combined with a global pandemic which thanks to poor decision and deliberate inaction, has taken more lives than at any other peace time in US history. 

While I will agree that the pandemic could have been handled better, I just don't think Biden would have handled it better or faster.  

Biden always seems to be a day late and a dollar short with taking a stand on anything.

Again, the way they are handled depends on the Govenor and the municipality leaders.  There are area's  that have nothing but peaceful protests because the minute they are anything but the local governments put their foot down and said not in our city.

Where as other area's  refuse the help of the Federal government. This move takes the responsibility out of POTUS's hands because there is nothing more he can do except tell them if they change their minds just let him know.

Where as Biden said nothing until it became clear that the majority of Americans were tired of it.  To make things even worse his campaign raised money to bail violent protesters out of jail.  As for Kamala Harris.  She has yet to speak against the violence and only encourages the continuations.

Changes need to be made but it seems that everyone has forgotten what a good debate and compromises can accomplish.  Do you think Biden can change thus?

Isn't this alsio pandemic related? And aren't both parties responsible for this?

Are you sure about this?  I am not. 

Is Biden a better choice?  I am not sure. 

I do not think I want a President that goes around apologizing to everyone and making our country look as weak as it did when Obama was President.

You said>>>Wealth inequality is at a peak, while the health of the average person dwindles due to inflated healthcare costs

Wealth inequality is at a peak?  Are you sure about this? 

The statistics show that actually the growth of the middle class was at it's highest growth prior to the pandemic.  This along with everything else. Probably also has changed

Does anybody really know what the man stands for?  I can not vote for someione that I don't even know where  he stands. Also,  if  people in his own party are not even excited about him

Like in 2016  I was really hoping for a third party canidate that I coulf get behind.  

At last, again the other parties blew it by not putting a serious conidate forward. 
  • @Happy_Killbot I forgot to ask you. 

Fascism 

What does that mean to you? And who do you consider to be the fascist?
  • Sorry about the double post I must have hit the post before I was done.  Although it usually disappears after you post but it didn't do it this time.  It shiwed as working copy.  Weird  :# 
  • @all4actt

Let me explain the blind hatred people on the Left have for Trump, and the reasons they don't care if Biden has any accomplishments.

Debaters on the Left such as Happy_Killbot Aloft, Plaff, Pioneer, and others, live in a world of self interest. They have a myopic attitude towards their singular issue of importance such as LGBT, pro abortion, Socialistic healthcare, free College, etc. etc. etc.

Their hatred for Trump has nothing to do with his accomplshments or lack of. They live in an insecure world whereby they elect only politicians who pander to their special interest. They are part of the Democrat Party's identity politics.

When you ask them for reason why they will vote for Biden, they can give you no accomplishments because Biden has few. All they know is that the Democrat Party will fixate on the agendas of their special interest groups.
    The Democrat Party could litterally nominate a fence post for President, and these special interest groups will vote for it. They could care less if Biden is the most corrupt politician in the world because the Party will still pander to their singular interest.

Biden could be selling our Government out for personal monetary gain for Hunter Biden or himself, but those in the LGBT world only care if Democrats force every public school to allow so called Transgender boys in our daughter's sports. Biden could be on death's door, but these people want Supreme court Justices who will force all States to bow to activist LGBT group demands.

People who took out insanely high student loans could not care less if Biden were an axe murderer, as long as his Party will wipe out their debt!

The Presidential elections have nothing to do with accomplishments when it comes to most Democrat voters. They live and breathe identity politics whether it be LGBT, Pro abortion groups, Black lives matter, socialized medicine, anti Fossil fuels, Feminists, etc. etc.
    I say again, they could nominate corrupt fence posts such as Biden, Hillary, etc. and most Democrat voters do not care.

Trump could be the greatest President in our lifetimes, and all they care about is their particular special interest. This is how it works, and the sickening reality of the times we live. They will demonize any politician who does not constantly pander to their special interest.
    Trump loves ALL Americans, but this is not what they want. They want their particular group lifted up in every speech.
    Democrats can't give a speech without mentioning LGBT, women, Black people, low income, etc.
    This is what their Party has come to. Their goal is growing the numbers in their Government dependent groups, thereby winning every election going forward.
    The rest of us can die for all they care. We are their piggy bank to buy special interest group favors.

• @all4actt

No actually, it's not just because of the pandemic. The economic forces at play here are a lot more complex than just pandemic = depression. A more accurate picture would be that covid was the lightning that started the fire. Based on long term economic cycles, there will be a big depression every 70 - 120 years as liquidity dries up and markets stagnate. This is why Keynesian economics exists, to try and level out that boom and bust cycle by saving during times of  wealth and spending during times of famine. Obama of course, inherited the 2007 - 2008 financial crisis. This means he had to increase spending in order to make sure that nothing collapses, which could have been more disasters in the long run due to the loss of critical infrastructure. This spending however payed off, because it did set the conditions necessary for the strong economy that Trump inherited.

Trump however isn't interested in listening to experts and instead of saving, doubled down and cut tax income. This lead to the conditions where the government was at a deficit, and now this and so many other economic factors made it so that the government needed to spend money to make sure that people don't starve, but can't without taking on more and more debt. Right now, US debt exceeds our GDP, meaning all of the product we make in a year is less than what we owe. This is how you destroy empires.
    Trump's mishandling of the virus came in 3 ways: Distrust of science, rejection of data, deliberate inaction. Biden wouldn't have just gone with whatever he wanted to hear, he would have made choices based on what the experts said, and this would have allowed them to do what was necessary to save lives. It would be better to be late than to deliberately stop all work being done to counter the virus. For example, the USPS had a plan to manufacture and deliver cloth mask to every home in the US back in April, which Trump outright blocked. This step alone would have saved thousands of lives by slowing the virus's spread. This wasn't the governors, this was Trump. He deliberately stopped a program that would have saved thousands of lives, meaning he has killed more people than Osama Bin Laden
    https://www.debateisland.com/discussion/5561/through-deliberate-inaction-trump-has-killed-more-americans-than-osama-bin-laden/p1
    It sounds to me like you just want to be an apologist for Trump and try and pin blame on other people. It doesn't matter how, who, or what started the riots, what matters is how Trump handled them.

Let's compare what happened this year to the Ferguson riots, and see the difference. Those riots were limited to a single district, and didn't grow or spread. The riots from this year became the single largest protest in the US's history. Obama addressed the riots in a calm and professional manner. Trump of course, said he would send in the national guard in direct violation of the 2nd amendment. (the federal government does not have the right to use the national guard. The whole purpose is to fight the feds if they step out of line with states interests)
    https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/blog/2014/11/24/president-obama-delivers-statement-ferguson-grand-jurys-decision
    This isn't blame for Trump, it's about how he handles the situation. What I am saying is that he isn't doing anything about it. What is the purpose of having a president if not to direct resources to combat such tragedies? All Trump has done is basically said that it's being blown out of proportion and blamed environmental laws, instead of helping out, then fixing the perceived problems.

Do not forget that our nation is under attack from forces far more organized and disciplined than ourselves, with the explicit purpose of dividing the US. Trump has thrown gasoline on that fire, making it so that anyone who doesn't kiss his boots is a "libtard" and whoever follows his words 

Biden is a centrist by all definitions and metrics. The only people who think otherwise are the far-right persons who think that anyone who isn't a red-blooded republican is a socialist, even though that clearly isn't the case. Not only am I confident that Biden can do the job the president is supposed to do, and work between the parties in order to broker deals and make progress, but I can guarantee that this will help to change the discourse in this nation.

As explained above, expanding the spending is the right move, and no this is not on both parties. When Trump cut taxes, that was the wrong move because the economy was good, we should have been saving up in case everything went to s***. Anyways, everything went to S*** and now we are left scrambling. 

Are you sure about this?  I am not.  Is Biden a better choice?  I am not sure. I do not think I want a President that goes around apologizing to everyone and making our country look as weak as it did when Obama was President.
    I am very sure about this, on the global stage the US is so much weaker than the Obama or Bush era world order. I don't know what apologies have to do with this, but here are some reasons why the US is weaker now:
    -China's supremacy in the South China sea and Indian ocean
    -North Korea now has weapons (theoretically) capable if reaching the US
    -Russia has gained a stronger foothold and many decisive victories in eastern Europe
    -China is economically strong and (depending on the metrics used) nearly or exceeded the US
    -Thailand, Brazil, Vietnam are all growing manufacturing hubs.
    -China is exporting manufacturing to Africa
    -The US has exited the Paris accords. This will have long term economic detriment.
    -The US has a diminished role in NATO
    -Social unrest in the continental US
    -Hong Kong is effectively part of mainland China under the National security law.
    -Low scientific understanding and increased distrust for science in the US public.
    Wealth inequality is at a peak?  Are you sure about this? 
    The statistics show that actually the growth of the middle class was at it's highest growth prior to the pandemic.  This along with everything else. Probably also has changed
    Does anybody really know what the man stands for?  I can not vote for someione that I don't even know where  he stands. Also,  if  people in his own party are not even excited about him
    Like in 2016  I was really hoping for a third party canidate that I coulf get behind.  
    At last, again the other parties blew it by not putting a serious conidate forward. 
    Absolutely, how can you not accept this? The number of people in the middle class has nothing to do with how wealth is distributed. Also, if you look at wealth before the pandemic you would be cherry picking data, but that doesn't matter because it was really bad before the pandemic anyways.
    https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2020/02/07/6-facts-about-economic-inequality-in-the-u-s/
    Haven't you seen the memes where someone died because they couldn't afford $1300 worth of insulin once a month?
    Did Alex Smith Die at Age 26 Because He Couldnt Afford Insulin

People aren't supper excited about Biden, but that doesn't mean he isn't a good candidate. The real problem is that people are fed up with Trump because of the damage he has done to the US public and institutions. Biden represents a return to normality and a chance to repair the damage, and then maybe fix some of the problems.
    Fascism 
    What does that mean to you? And who do you consider to be the fascist?
    Fascism isn't a person, it's a system for protection of the ruling class when capitalism is failing in order to prevent workers revolution.

Fascism happens when a capitalist nation is reaching it's peak of economic viability. High wealth inequality, formation of monopolies, and systemic problems resulting from failed social institutions abound. In order for the wealthy and the elite to maintain power and prevent a revolution, they identify enemies and nationalize themselves so as to maintain power and control. What follows is a period of low freedoms, huge social inequality, followed by death and further consolidation of power. Eventually, the fascist nation will give way to a liberal democracy when all is said and done, but it will be corrupted and more nationalized than before. Eventually the cycle will repeat unless it is broken by revolution, in which case the nation will become socialist. The only way to stave off this cycle is via continued expansion, however our resources are finite and this can not always be easily achieved. Especially when there is large distrust for science and/or reluctance to change which is prohibiting that expansion.
    We_are_accountableJustAnAllMightFanPlaffelvohfenlatexfever

• edited October 21
    @Happy_Killbot

The richest country in the world is 27 TRILLION dollars in national debt. People are not rich by how much they spend. It's how much they own without being in debt.

Obamacare created those huge deductibles and premiums that no one could afford. Government bankrupts everything it touches. Democrats are the Party of big spending irresponsible government. They tell people like you that money grows on trees as long as we just tax people more and more and more and STILL the debt never comes down. You swallow that hogwash!

No nation in the world can afford to give everyone a free ride. Guess what? People do not live forever and we will all die of something. All we can do is make sure we get jobs with health insurance, or tell politicians we want an affordable private healthcare plan, not an expensive Government plan.

We need to tell people they can't afford nice cell phones, nice cars, nice homes, nice vacations, expensive alcohol, cigarettes, etc. etc. and THEN come running to taxs payer to give them free healthcare. The person who supposedly died from no money for Insulin. I would love to know what he had spent his money on for the past decades.
    If he needed insulin to live, I sure hope he went without alcohol, cigarettes, expensive monthly cell phone bills, big car payments, etc. etc. if he had no money for insulin.

People must save and support themselves. We can have a safety net for emergency healthcare, but can not afford everything for everyone!
  • @We_are_accountable ;
    Machine supremacy B****

You can't support yourself, because you are not allowed.

Your way of life is dead.
    Science is power.
    Automation is king.

• @Happy_Killbot

Science is power until it goes against activist groups. The Science of Biology and our natural sexual design is denied by LGBT activists who want to indoctrinate our children to deny science.
  • @We_are_accountable ;
    Everything I said just went right over your head didn't it?

Do you even know what I am trying to say?

• edited October 21
    @Happy_Killbot
    If you don't mind me asking, what did you study in school? I remember you mentioning that you shot terrorists so I assume you did some service as well. I'm really interested about your background because you are extremely knowledgeable, and I'm not just saying that based on the fact that we seem to have similar positions on a lot of things but you genuinely know a lot about a lot of topics. What do you do for a living now?
    We_are_accountable
  • @JustAnAllMightFan

If you have a lot in common, does that make you an anti Christian bigot as well? Do you like an authoritarian Government forcing every public school to allow boys, with a disorder of believing they are girls, into our daughter's sports, going against parents wishes?

What you call intellect, I call Big brother authoritarian rule. If Big Brother tech and Government does not agree with people's beliefs or opinions, then they can be censored. Is that what you call a good thing?
  • @We_are_accountable ;

You are an actual authoritarian though...

Again, every criticism of your  perceived "other" is always a description of yourself.
    We_are_accountable

• @Happy_Killbot

Truly you are a dangerous person, thinking you have the right to force your beliefs on everyone else. It is not the Right trying to force others to tow the political correct way of thinking. It is the Left!

It's sick how many Americans are willing to vote in corrupt authoritarian Leftists! There can be no rational debate with the likes of you.
    Happy_Killbot
  • @We_are_accountable ;
    Truly you are a dangerous person,
    This much I agree with.

The rest is your typical hypocrisy.