frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

Did God create ex nihilio?

Debate Information

Theological creationism question posited on FB: “So where did god get the raw materials to create the whole universe, since in the beginning there was nothing????”

Christian response,

Ex nihilo (out of nothing) concerning the origin of our Universe is incorrect. The Holy Spirit has told you that God the Father commissioned the Son, Jesus Christ (John 3:35), to take elements from the unseen Spiritual Realm and fashion those elements into matter that can be apprehended by life constrained by Time and physics (Hebrews 11:3; John 1; Genesis 1; Colossians 1). Jesus Christ, in unison with the Father (Elohim) the Spirit (Genesis 1:2), created the Heavens, the Earth and all that is within them in six-literal 24-hour days and He did so for cause with rapidity. This is why mankind will NEVER define origin of matter because all that we see and apprehend with our senses finds its origin in the unseen Spiritual Realm, a Realm that is more "real," tangible, interactive, infinitely more complex than the temporary realm of Time (Ecclesiastes 3:11).

Jesus testifies that His Kingdom is NOT of this realm,

33 Therefore Pilate entered again into the Praetorium, and summoned Jesus and said to Him, “Are You the King of the Jews?” 34 Jesus answered, “Are you saying this on your own initiative, or did others tell you about Me?” 35 Pilate answered, “I am not a Jew, am I? Your own nation and the chief priests delivered You to me; what have You done?” 36 Jesus answered, “My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, then My servants would be fighting so that I would not be handed over to the Jews; but as it is, My kingdom is not of this realm.” 37 Therefore Pilate said to Him, “So You are a king?” Jesus answered, “You say correctly that I am a king. For this I have been born, and for this I have come into the world, to testify to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth hears My voice.” 38 Pilate *said to Him, “What is truth?” John 18:33-38 (NASB)

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
Tie
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments