Should China apologize to the World for not telling the truth about COVID-19? - The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com - Debate Anything The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is a globally leading online debate platform that is transforming the online debating experience. DebateIsland enables anyone to civilly debate online, casually or formally, with five fun debating formats: Casual, "Persuade Me," Formalish, Traditional Formal, and Lincoln-Douglas. With DebateIsland's beautiful, mobile-friendly, and easy-to-use, online debate website, users can debate politics, debate science, debate technology, debate news, and just about anything else in a large community of debaters. Debate online for free while improving your debating skills with the help of Artifical Intelligence on DebateIsland.

DebateIsland.com is the best online debate website. We're the only online debate website with Casual, "Persuade Me," Formalish, Traditional Formal, and Lincoln-Douglas online debate formats. Using DebateIsland's beautiful, mobile-friendly, and easy-to-use online debate website, you can debate politics, debate popular topics, debate news, or debate anything in a large community of debaters. Debate online for free using DebateIsland, a globally leading online debate website that is utilizing Artificial Intelligence to transform online debating.

Should China apologize to the World for not telling the truth about COVID-19?

Debate Information

I believe that China and it's global failure to communicate with the leaders of the other countries around about the outbreak of the Coronavirus from the Wuhan province?

Thus they are responsible for those who have died from the virus, and for those who have been affected by the virus as well?

And blaming Trump over the virus, is a vain attempt, to promote one's ideological vanity, over a tragedy that CHINA caused all by its self.

Those deaths, and the millions of sick people around the world, falls directly on China's shoulders, whether they want to accept responsibility or not?

We_are_accountableDebater123

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Arguments

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• ThorThor 101 Pts   -  
    @TKDB
    Today I read about the statement made by White House chief of staff-“That they are not able to control corona virus.”

And it is not something surprising every part of world is suffering from it and no single person is responsible for this.But yes Trump should have closed America much before rather thinking about economy or anything.

No, China would not take responsibility coz they know they are on eyes of world right know.But there eyes is on expansion and taking advantage of situation.So simply they don’t care.

May this covid virus vanishes soon.

Peace
    TreeMan
  • @TKDB

So the fact of Dessert Storm took place and the threat of biological and chemical dangers don't count as a warning some 20 years ago? Weapons of mass destruction can not be bio-weapons? A man makes an open threat against the world that we will be sorry for what has been done, and the world will someday pay for what it has been done to him doesn't ring any bells? There have been several movies made about this very possible as well. Had China said to shut down the economy this is bad you would have listened? Doubt it. 
    TreeMan
  • DeeDee 3307 Pts   -   edited October 2020
    Trump knew about it in December you clown.

No they shouldn’t China warned the world . What you’re actually trying to do is making excuses for Trumps despicable downplaying of Covid Trump has Americans blood on his fat corupt hands.

Try do a bit of research you clown..........

CGTN........

Recently, some politicians in certain countries have been hyping up claims that China should be held accountable for the pandemic, accusing China of covering up information about the COVID-19 outbreak.

They have often criticized so-called lack of transparency from China. However, facts speak otherwise.

On December 27 last year, Zhang Jixian, a respiratory doctor in Wuhan, which was hardest hit by the coronavirus outbreak, was the first to alert authorities of a new contagious disease after treating patients with flu-like symptoms. Meanwhile, the city's health officials started an investigation into the viral outbreak.

Within three days, the Wuhan Municipal Health Commission sent out an urgent notification about an outbreak of pneumonia of unknown causes in the city, and started releasing briefings on the disease since December 31. National experts were also sent to investigate the epidemic on site.

At that time, there were still dozens of days away from the first case reports in the United States and many European countries, which were later hit hard by the virus.

It was an unknown virus to mankind that takes time to know more. 

But China moved fast to investigate the outbreak. It quickly identified the source and transmission route of the disease, and share the information it could get with the world as early as possible.

Since January 3, China has been regularly informing the World Health Organization (WHO) and relevant countries, including the United States, on the latest development of the situation.

On January 12, China shared with the WHO information on the genome sequence of the novel coronavirus, which has laid a solid foundation for global efforts of scientific research and vaccine development.

On January 23, China put Wuhan into lockdown to contain the virus. By that time, the megacity with 11 million residents had reported fewer than 500 infections, while cases outside the country was merely seven.

One day later in his first tweet on coronavirus, U.S. President Donald Trump praised China for "working very hard to contain the coronavirus," further stressing that "The United States greatly appreciates their efforts and transparency."

It is fair to say that China has taken the most comprehensive, strictest measures to battle the epidemic at the earliest possible manner. The government has always stressed that epidemic information must be reported in time and released in an open, transparent and truthful way.

China's measures worked, and life is getting back on track in the country.

While the pandemic is still wrecking havoc elsewhere, smearing and scapegoating China does no good whatsoever in the fight against the pandemic.

As a Xinhua commentary pointed out, "The high-volume attacks against China, including absurd and ill-disposed calls for inquiry, lawsuits and compensation to hold China liable for coronavirus damage, all stem from the desperate effort to divert domestic attention and shield their own incompetence and mistakes from scrutiny." 

(With input from Xinhua)

(Graphics by Qu Bo, Feng Yuan)

ThorTreeMan
  • ThorThor 101 Pts   -  
    @Dee
    First of all I should appreciate the research you did.

Secondly all the sources you mentioned were Chinese and we know China is a monarchy !!! Lol :)

Thirdly if China would have warned then the current situation would have never came.

Peace
    Debater123TreeMan
  • DeeDee 3307 Pts   -  
    @Thor

First of all I should appreciate the research you did.

Secondly all the sources you mentioned were Chinese and we know China is a monarchy !!! Lol  

So what they still alerted the world 

Thirdly if China would have warned then the current situation would have never came.

But China did warn we knew about it in December in my country are you denying this? No one took it seriously, isn’t hindsight marvelous ?

TreeMan
  • ThorThor 101 Pts   -   edited October 2020
    @Dee

So what they still alerted the world...

What alerted...see I too know that in December there was a declaration that any new virus had came but was anyone knowing that how dangerous virus is???

No one took it seriously, isn’t hindsight marvelous ?...

haha so ur saying that China took it seriously??? China did banned international travel much after they were knowing about virus.

And apart of all there was one claim of scientist ran off from China claiming that China created this virus in Wuhan lab.

Peace
    TreeMan
  • DeeDee 3307 Pts   -  
    @Thor

Ok you didn’t know but everyone else seems to have known ,I get ya
    Thor
  • ThorThor 101 Pts   -  
    @Dee
    If everyone knew then why after one year too vaccine had not came and why lakhs of people are dying?
  • DeeDee 3307 Pts   -  
    @Thor

Because no one took it seriously 
  • ThorThor 101 Pts   -  
    @Dee
    Does ur no one include medical teams ,doctors and institutions?
  • DeeDee 3307 Pts   -  
    @Thor

So what are you now saying everyone took it seriously? When you make your mind up let me know
    Thor
  • ThorThor 101 Pts   -  
    @Dee
    haha my point is China did said about virus very late and if it had been created by China then nothing can be said ahead...

Whether people were serious or not people are getting infected by covid virus and doctors are also trying their best but nothing is working out...so my final point is that as u said China did informed about virus is fallacy.

TreeMan
  • bjinthirtybjinthirty 20 Pts   -  
    You make it sound so easy when it's not. China is not bound by the same laws you have in America. This example can be seen from the scientist blowing the whistle who passed. China is not one particular person it is a body of high ranking officials (a body of power). It can be easily confirmed that to get news out to the world would mean information passed on and that is the problem. Yes china has ambitions but dont go off based on what the media gives you.

- What do I think?

I think any of this could be avoided if people around the world had more voice in the country instead of relying on the voice of one handfull of people in government. We live our life in the hands of powerful men and women we elect and let then pick fights and start wars they will never fight and send the people instead. If the world had more courage and involvement in their government none of this would of happened. But since the US military dominance and political swag we hold, building weapons and technology useless to the people living in this world or saving the planet begin seeing a respond from nations like china. And thats where these issues begin

TreeMan
  • DeeDee 3307 Pts   -  
    @Thor

u said China did informed about virus is fallacy.

It’s not , I posted up evidence you need to grow up and stop acting the child 
  • ThorThor 101 Pts   -  
    @Dee
    Do u read and debate or you reply in air...

I said ur evidence is from China and there is a complete possibility of that sources to be biased coz it is monarchy and if u don’t know then in monarchy if u speak anything against government anything then next day anyone would not know that u existed ever or not.

Phew

Peace
    TreeMan
  • DeeDee 3307 Pts   -  
    @Thor

Tell you what take it up with the Chinese government you child.You said ....  But there eyes is on expansion and taking advantage of situation.So simply they don’t care.

All without one shred of evidence as usual 
  • ThorThor 101 Pts   -  
    @Dee
    okay believe whatever u want idc.

Peace
    TreeMan
  • DeeDee 3307 Pts   -  
    @Thor

Thor
  • MichaelElpersMichaelElpers 658 Pts   -  
    @Dee. China was preventing research being done on the topic and they didnt not shutdown travel to their country.
    They had the WHO in their pockets which originally stated there was no human to human transmission.

Trump banned travel to China before we even had double digit cases.

Should China apologize?  Probably, but im not sure i really care about the apology from an oppresive authoritarian government that continues to exploit others as much as they can.
    TreeMan
  • DeeDee 3307 Pts   -   edited October 2020

@MichaelElpers

I’m no fan of China’s , but remember Trump like most world leaders know early enough about covid and he didn’t take the threat seriously in fact he mocked those who did .

I cannot comprehend how Trump supporters rush to his defence and see him as a man without faults , the I read yesterday coming out of the White House is incredible and talks about Trumps brilliant handling of Covid and the US having the best system and responses to covid , it sounds like something the dear leader would say , and do you criticise him ? No ,his supporters high five each other and whoop and holler like imbeciles at every uttterance from this clown
    TreeMan
  • debateladydebatelady 19 Pts   -  
    The Chinese government should apologize to the world. I think this issue happened by the Chinese government because they want to become the top country. They need a broke the world economy. This is an inside job. USA struggling to escape and protect the covid-19, it is no solution to avoid the covid-19. Moreover, Chinese government does not accept inspection in their country. Australia wants to inspect inside of China but they refuse. 
  • @TKDB

The only people blaming Trump for Covid are Democrats using this diesease for political purpose. How sick is it to use death as a means to politics.
    TreeMan
  • Cringe_TrainCringe_Train 155 Pts   -  
    @TKDB

They fecking did, it was just too late when they realized.

We did learn about this virus when it began to spread through china, nobody was really worried at that time though. It wasn't until it began to spread to other countries that we started to panic.
  • TreeManTreeMan 51 Pts   -  
    @TKDB

The only people blaming Trump for Covid are Democrats using this diesease for political purpose. How sick is it to use death as a means to politics.
    ARE YOU BIASED OR WHAT?
    if the republican controlled US government had managed Covid properly, and imposed all the right measures to help stop Covid like mandatory masks, lockdowns and the stopping of flights from EVERYWHERE, NOT JUST CHINA, they would have saved thousands of lives, and helped prevent there been so much cases in Latin America, and everywhere else around the globe.

you people do know that only 3 other countries had as good a response to COVID as china, with are Australia(in sydney where i live, its basically normal apart from mandatory masks indoor) , New Zealand and North Korea

every other country especially the US, where there is a 1 in 15 chance you have had COVID at once, trashed up
    there was no international cooperation, and people like Trump, Putin and Jair Bolsonaro(the Brazilian president), who only care about the economy, and not the lives of those who are part of the economy 
  • TreeManTreeMan 51 Pts   -  
     Moreover, Chinese government does not accept inspection in their country. Australia wants to inspect inside of China but they refuse. 
    hey
    you know what?
    a WHO team have just arrived in china to see how Covid originated