(Psychological Sciences) Some homophobes are hidden homosexuals. - The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com - Debate Anything The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

(Psychological Sciences) Some homophobes are hidden homosexuals.

Debate Information

There is actually quite a lot of research on this but here is just some quick links to mull over:

So, it is sometimes true that the reason why some people have antipathy toward homosexuals is because they are homosexuals themselves. And they hate and are unable to accept who they are. And the more extreme aversion they have and more they continue to express this hate the more than likely they are hidden homosexuals. Of course, this isn't a reflection of all homophobes; but it still does represent a numerous sample of people.

What's more, is that they are going to be even more ashamed and angry with themselves if they were bought up in religious backgrounds and with very authoritarian parents/guardians. And all of this does get reflected in their actions and then their words.

Sometimes the only way for some people to accept homosexuals is by first coming to terms with their own sexuality.

Happy_KillbotPlaffelvohfen

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• Happy_KillbotHappy_Killbot 5327 Pts   -  
    Weird... It's almost like by creating a culture of non-acceptance and demanding conformity leads to all sorts of psychological distress that can permanently ruin a child's self-confidence just for the purpose of appealing to traditional or religious values.

Seems these parents and institutions care more for having their way than actually doing what is in the best interests of those involved.
    ZeusAres42Plaffelvohfen
    At some point in the distant past, the universe went through a phase of cosmic inflation,
    Stars formed, planets coalesced, and on at least one of them life took root.
    Through a long process of evolution this life 
    developed into the human race.
    Humans conquered fire, built complex societies and advanced technology .

All of that so we can argue about nothing.
  • PlaffelvohfenPlaffelvohfen 2925 Pts   -  
    @David_Nichols

So, are you successful at trying to change? How does that work for you?
    " Adversus absurdum, contumaciter ac ridens! "
    @David_Nichols

Oh, I don't think you are actually...
    Happy_KillbotZeusAres42Dee
    @David_Nichols

As much as yours...
    Dee
    @David_Nichols

You don't either so meh....
    @David_Nichols

Nope...  :kissing_heart:
    Happy_KillbotZeusAres42Dee
  • Some homophobes are homosexuals that know they need to change. So what?  ZeusAres42

Change what exactly? Should they change from being homophobe and accept themselves and others that are homosexuals? Or are you suggesting that someone try and change how they were born?

Plaffelvohfen

• Is that a serious question? Change to acting normal of course! Birth defects are no excuse for deranged behavior...keep it in the closet. ZeusAres42

So you think there is something that went wrong with you at birth for being homosexual?

Plaffelvohfen

• That or post-birth trauma.
    I don't know why you would be so hard on yourself to think these about you just for being homosexual @David_Nichols

Plaffelvohfen

• Talk about the issues, not me. ZeusAres42

I am talking homophobes being hidden homosexuals who express antipathy toward other homosexuals. And since you match the pscyhological profile of someone like this you are indeed relevant to this debate. @David_Nichols

Plaffelvohfen

• You don't need my information, doofus. ZeusAres42

That's right. I don't need your info. You tell me all I need to know by your posts.

PlaffelvohfenHappy_Killbot

• You can deny it all you want but you are a homosexual that cannot accept who he is. You probably don't have and probably never had a girlfriend or wife. You are angry and ashamed with who you are.

PlaffelvohfenHappy_Killbot

• ZeusAres42ZeusAres42 Emerald Premium Member 2195 Pts   -   edited October 2020
    Why don't you disappear, dink? I need someone to smash in a debate.ZeusAres42
    First, try coming to terms with who you are. Your defensiveness speaks volumes.
    Happy_Killbot