frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

How Strong Are Christians?

Debate Information

Many people associate Christians as being weak, jelly-kneed, vacillating creatures who talk in a deliberately pleasant, if low-key monotonous fashion and never daring to stir the waters.

But still waters run deep and if we look down far enough we see that Christians have an innate strength and resilience about them. You see, psychologists have found that all those who have extreme beliefs share one trait in common:

Higher Power belief:
Also called Divine Power belief, this refers to a belief in a higher being or principle that can be used to justify extreme behavior and thinking.
"The joy of the Lord is my strength" (Nehemiah 8:10) and from what we can see, not only do Christians take strength from what is in the Bible, they will also hide behind what is (interpreted) in the Bible.
For example, "for a man to sleep with another man is an abomination".
"I'm not hateful towards gays BUT...."
"It does say so in the Bible, You know. "

"I must not abort the foetus even though the experts know that I will give birth to a vegetable, but it does say in the Bible to go through with the birth. I must stay strong. "

"My wife is dying slowly from terminal cancer and has advanced Alzheimer's, so I am just going to let her live the rest of her life undignified, in misery and constant severe pain, and all her family will have to visit her in hospital every day for God knows how long. I'm strong on this decision because the Bible says so"

So, you see what I mean?
Give me strength!

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
Tie
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments