IS A HUMAN WITHOUT A SOUL ACTUALLY HUMAN? - The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com - Debate Anything The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is a globally leading online debate platform that is transforming the online debating experience. DebateIsland enables anyone to civilly debate online, casually or formally, with five fun debating formats: Casual, "Persuade Me," Formalish, Traditional Formal, and Lincoln-Douglas. With DebateIsland's beautiful, mobile-friendly, and easy-to-use, online debate website, users can debate politics, debate science, debate technology, debate news, and just about anything else in a large community of debaters. Debate online for free while improving your debating skills with the help of Artifical Intelligence on DebateIsland.

DebateIsland.com is the best online debate website. We're the only online debate website with Casual, "Persuade Me," Formalish, Traditional Formal, and Lincoln-Douglas online debate formats. Using DebateIsland's beautiful, mobile-friendly, and easy-to-use online debate website, you can debate politics, debate popular topics, debate news, or debate anything in a large community of debaters. Debate online for free using DebateIsland, a globally leading online debate website that is utilizing Artificial Intelligence to transform online debating.

IS A HUMAN WITHOUT A SOUL ACTUALLY HUMAN?

Debate Information

THE BIBLE SAYS LIFE BEGINS WITH THE FIRST BREATH.
That is also when a human gets a soul.
So before first breath according to the bible humans not yet breathing are not human and are like dogs.

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Arguments

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• SwolliwSwolliw 712 Pts   -   edited November 16
    @mickyg
    So before first breath according to the bible humans not yet breathing are not human and are like dogs.

Which begs the question, what makes you think that dogs are devoid of a soul.
    I have a dog and she has the same physical makeup; flesh, blood, organs, and brain...just the same as a human. She is not as intelligent as a human and has not yet taken up quantum physics but she has a wonderful personality of her own and possesses a soul.
    And, how about people who are severely mentally challenged who can't even perform the same basic tasks as a dog. Don't they get a soul after their first breath?
    Starlord616
  • Starlord616Starlord616 209 Pts   -  
    mickyg said:
    THE BIBLE SAYS LIFE BEGINS WITH THE FIRST BREATH.
    That is also when a human gets a soul.
    do only humans get souls?
  • mickygmickyg 141 Pts   -  
    do dogs go to heaven?
  • xlJ_dolphin_473xlJ_dolphin_473 960 Pts   -  
    @mickyg
    mickyg said:
    do dogs go to heaven?
    How do you know?
    CHRISTIANS say only humans have souls.
    T HE BIBLE says humans don't get a soul until first breath.
    LIFE begins at first breath not at conception.
    PROOF is when the bible says you get a soul.
    I KNOW this question is old and discussed by all levels of christianity for a thousand years
    ONLY HUMANS HAVE SOULS according to every historical christian edict@xlJ_dolphin_473
    mickyg said:
    do dogs go to heaven?
    Why not?
  • SandSand 271 Pts   -  
    Churches have been hiding that animals have souls.
    It is mentioned thoughout the Bible.

Animals are souls.
    Leviticus 11:46 - "This is the law of cattle, and of fowl, and of every living soul that moveth in the waters, and of every soul that crawleth on the earth;"

From the whale down to the mite, all animals have souls.

Ecclesiates 3:19 - "For what happens to the sons of men also happens to animals; one thing befalls them: as one dies, so dies the other. Surely, they all have one breath; man has no advantage over animals, for all is vanity."

All souls go to sheol (Hell) when they die.
    Good, Bad, and wild life.

To answer the debate question:
    Psalms 139:16 - "Your eyes looked upon my embryo, and everything was recorded in your book. The days scheduled for my formation were inscribed, even though not one of them had come yet. "

Life is before formation, once the sperm fertilizes the egg, one cell equals soul.

THE BIBLE SAYS LIFE BEGINS WITH THE FIRST BREATH....@Sand
  • SandSand 271 Pts   -  

I will need to see the scripture.
    It sounds like you are referring to Adam's life.

Psalms 139:16 - "Your eyes looked upon my embryo, and everything was recorded in your book. The days scheduled for my formation were inscribed, even though not one of them had come yet. "

But this scripture shows life begins at the first cell.
    7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.@Sand

WHAT BIBLE DO YOU USE?PSALM 139:16 Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.
    THIS SAYS NOTHING ABOUT WHEN LIFE BEGINS!!!!!..HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW

• SandSand 271 Pts   -   edited November 16
    I use a cross-reference Bible that refers to 29 versions.
    That quote is from the "International Standard Version"

The Psalmist is saying that God knows him through and through, learned his personality through his embryo (first cell).
    This proves he became a living soul at the first cell.
    The spirit is the life force given by God. (like electricity given by the power company)
    The body is like an object that receives power.
    This life force is sustained by breath (spirit).

So in a sense, you are completely right, life is at first breath.
    What the average joe does not recognize is when we take the first breath.

Our first breath is at cell one.
    Because every cell breathes (takes oxygen to work).
    BREATHING IS LIFE?
    WHY DOES THE BIBLE SAY THIS....7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul
    A SINGLE CELL HAS NO NOSTRILS!!
    HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW

• SandSand 271 Pts   -   edited November 18

Lifeforce is sustained by breath (spirit).
    All of Adams cells were formulated at once with the Breath of life.
    A single cell while in the mother's womb uses the nostrils of the mother to receive oxygen.
    So life was formed at first breath.

If the mother dies, the newborn will die without oxygen in less than five minutes.

Human beings all deserve equal protection under the law.
    If you are going to exclude an entire segment of the human family, because they are small, dependent, biologically immature, temporarily incapable of certain functioning, that is discrimination.
    so the mother and not god gives breath of life
    I AGREE....@Sand
    WHERE DOES THE BIBLE SAY THE MOTHER IS THE BREATH OF LIFE@Sand
    I think only adam started life with breath
    Psalm 139:13 “For you formed my inward parts; you covered me in my mother’s womb.”
    GOD BREATHED LIFE INTO ADAM AND HIS SOUL
    SO A FETUS IS NOT HUMAN UNTIL BIRTH
    ACCORDING TO GOD OF THE BIBLE@Starlord616
  • SandSand 271 Pts   -  

That is not what I said.
    The mother's breath sustains the Lifeforce.
    The breath of life is something totally different.

YES BREATH OF LIFE IS WHEN GOD GIVES YOU A SOUL
    OTHERWISE YOU ARE JUST AN ABBERATION
    YOU HAVE NO SOUL BEFORE BEING BORN...@Sand
  • SandSand 271 Pts   -  

God does not give souls.
    Man is a soul.
    Animals are souls.
    GOD DOES NOT GIVE US SOULS?
    WELL YOU HAVE FOUND A LIE PERPETUATED BY THE BIBLE ITSELF@Sand

Matthew 10:28 

And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

Matthew 22:37 

And he said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.

YOU ARE SOOOOOOO FUNNY

• SandSand 271 Pts   -  

I did not say we are not souls.
    I said God does not give souls.
    Matthew 10:28 - shows God can destroy the soul.
    Matthew 22:37 - you can love with your soul.
    Nowhere does it show that God gave someone a soul.
    god breathed a soul into ADAM...HAW HAW HAW HAW@Sand
  • SandSand 271 Pts   -  

Nope, that is not what the scriptures say.
    "And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul"
    God breathed the breath of life into his nostrils.
    Adam became a living soul.

Adam does not have a soul, the soul is him.
    "And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul"
    YES INDEED ...THE BIBLE SAYS YOU ARE NOT A HUMAN U TIL GOD GIVES YOU YOUR SOUL ON YOUR FIRST BREATH@Sand
    WHY DOES GOD MURDER ALL THOSE MILLIONS OF FETUS'S@Sand
  • AlofRIAlofRI 1111 Pts   -  
    Ya mean I might not even be HUMAN??? OMG! WTF! All these possible kids running around .... and they might not even be HUMAN?? Woe is me ...........
  • SandSand 271 Pts   -  

If God is not real then why would you consider him as the murder?
    the fact that your god murders proves it is not god
    AS USUAL TOTAL LACK OF SELF AWARENESS AS IS UNIVERSAL WITH CHRISTIANS@Sand
  • SandSand 271 Pts   -  

Murder - "the unlawful premeditated killing of one human being by another."

#1 By definition Murder can only happen if it is done by another human.
    God is not human so God cannot murder anyone.

#2 By definition Murder can only happen if it is done unlawfully.
    In each instance that God took a life, the person violated a law.

WHAT LAW DID ONAN break?@Sand
  • mickygmickyg 141 Pts   -   edited November 21

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/god

god

[ god ]

noun

one of several deities, especially a male deity, presiding over some portion of worldly affairs.Compare goddess (def. 1).
    an image of a deity; an idol.
    any deified person or object.
    a nebulous powerful force imagined to be responsible for one's fate: The god of poker dealt me two aces.
    @Sand

• SwolliwSwolliw 712 Pts   -  
    @Starlord616
    I think only adam started life with breath
    Psalm 139:13 “For you formed my inward parts; you covered me in my mother’s womb.”

You don't think at all. You believe in ancient mythical quotes that others (anonymously) wrote thousands of years. And how you would ever conclude such a statement with such a quote is beyond the realms of anybody's definition of what constitutes thinking.

Swolliw said:
    @Starlord616
    You don't think at all. You believe in ancient mythical quotes that others (anonymously) wrote thousands of years. And how you would ever conclude such a statement with such a quote is beyond the realms of anybody's definition of what constitutes thinking.
    okay so first of all im atheists so I don't actually 'belive; in any of this, however, I used to be Christian so I have a base level knowledge of some of the lore. I was taught this and so I'm just trying to enlighten you on the religious ideologies that you seem to have mistaken. 
  • SandSand 271 Pts   -  

I think you proved my point.
  • SwolliwSwolliw 712 Pts   -  
    @Starlord616
    I was taught this and so I'm just trying to enlighten you on the religious ideologies that you seem to have mistaken. 

That's exactly what I mean....you were taught a load of nonsensical crap, you didn't think it at all. And no, you are not an atheist.

Starlord616
    Swolliw said:
    @Starlord616
    I was taught this and so I'm just trying to enlighten you on the religious ideologies that you seem to have mistaken. 

That's exactly what I mean....you were taught a load of nonsensical crap, you didn't think it at all. And no, you are not an atheist.

Okay debate began with you using biblical knowledge to answer the question of when life starts so I was also using biblical knowledge to get a more accurate answer.
    Also, What do you mean I am not a athesist?
    hardly halfy did i prove your point
    a definition is not proof...
  • SandSand 271 Pts   -   edited November 22

You did a good job verifying God is not human.
    Only humans can murder humans.
  • SandSand 271 Pts   -  

Bible proves every human and animal has a soul.