frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Is time an illusion?

Debate Information

This question have really bothered the minds of many including me too lol.
Well, I have searched on internet, read in magazines but till date I had not got relevant clarity about this answer.

While two most believed theory is considering time as fourth dimension or it is illusion.

Lets think about this question more.Feel free to share the information from your sources or perspective.

Peace
IBelievePulsar
Peace 

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• elijah44elijah44 37 Pts   -   edited February 23
    Time is a measurement, it is not really fundamentally real. Even Einstein said “Time is abstracted from our experience with rhythmic phenomena.” In my understanding, time is a passing of duration or a certain period of, well, time (there’s not really another word to use), and humans have measured and created a system to measure time. Time is relative. But, I’m not the best source as I am no expert on time or quantum mechanics. It is difficult to comprehend “true” time.
  • @Thor

I do not know if this will help you but time in the physics sense is a stillness in the universe found by mathematics. Using algebra and trigonometry. Like Calculus and Physics how the math formulas to write times connection to space can vary by choice and understandings of mathematics. Einstein used tensors that had been written to write his own tensor, I am going to stop there as it is a very complex mathematic issue.

• FactfinderFactfinder 705 Pts   -  
    @Thor

No. not in any real since. You age, you die, that's it.
  • just_sayinjust_sayin 889 Pts   -   edited February 21
    John_C_87 said:
    @Thor

I do not know if this will help you but time in the physics sense is a stillness in the universe found by mathematics. Using algebra and trigonometry. Like Calculus and Physics how the math formulas to write times connection to space can vary by choice and understandings of mathematics. Einstein used tensors that had been written to write his own tensor, I am going to stop there as it is a very complex mathematic issue.

It seems like you are trying to reduce time to mathematics, which is abstract and not directly connected to nature, whereas spacetime, while is the 3 dimensions of space and the one dimension of time. Now math may be used upon spacetime, but time is woven into space, not math.  Time, like space, and matter, exists.  Mathematics, while working in this universe, is abstract and independent of it.   
  • @just_sayin

First: Spacetime, is listed outside space by Einsteins tensor which is spacetime.
    Second: Time is mathematically found locating of stillness in the universe much like a compass finds North and South on earth.
    Third: Of course, time exist it is stillness in the universe the reason physics cannot find time is they do not have a tool to locate stillness in the universe.  
    Fourth: There are Algebra equations that can be written and partnered with trigonometry formulas to place time inside the (X, Y, Z) dimensions of tensor space including Spacetime.

The locating time is a mathematic issue in the phisycs sense.
    I will gladly go over all I found but I must go now as I feel very i'll and must rest.