Ted Cruz was just questioning Twitter & Facebook on their censorship and bias... - The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com - Debate Anything The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is a globally leading online debate platform that is transforming the online debating experience. DebateIsland enables anyone to civilly debate online, casually or formally, with five fun debating formats: Casual, "Persuade Me," Formalish, Traditional Formal, and Lincoln-Douglas. With DebateIsland's beautiful, mobile-friendly, and easy-to-use, online debate website, users can debate politics, debate science, debate technology, debate news, and just about anything else in a large community of debaters. Debate online for free while improving your debating skills with the help of Artifical Intelligence on DebateIsland.

DebateIsland.com is the best online debate website. We're the only online debate website with Casual, "Persuade Me," Formalish, Traditional Formal, and Lincoln-Douglas online debate formats. Using DebateIsland's beautiful, mobile-friendly, and easy-to-use online debate website, you can debate politics, debate popular topics, debate news, or debate anything in a large community of debaters. Debate online for free using DebateIsland, a globally leading online debate website that is utilizing Artificial Intelligence to transform online debating.

Ted Cruz was just questioning Twitter & Facebook on their censorship and bias...

Debate Information

Ted Cruz and Republicans have been trying to get Twitter and Facebook to give the statistics on how many times Republican posts are censored vs Democrat posts.

Cruz just point blank asked Twitter's CEO for that information, and he refused to do so! THAT SAYS IT ALL!

To deny the bias on these Social media sites is to deny reality. It sucks being on the side of censorship doesn't it.
I thought those on the Left hated Censorship? What ever happened to your so called ideals?

Our elections will never be honest until we rid our news outlets of their hideous bias. It goes against everything this nation was founded on. Walter Cronkite is rolling in his grave.
PlaffelvohfenAlofRICYDdharta

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Arguments

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• PlaffelvohfenPlaffelvohfen 2025 Pts   -  
    @We_are_accountable

Would you accept to let me use your porch or lawn as a podium from which to spread my far-left agenda in your neighborhood? If not, then why?
    xlJ_dolphin_473We_are_accountableDeelatexfeverAlofRICYDdharta
    " Adversus absurdum, contumaciter ac ridens! "
    @We_are_accountable

Well, would you?? It's your chance to actually put substance in your (currently empty) argument...  
    We_are_accountableCYDdharta
  • @Plaffelvohfen

Gee, why do I ignore you?

You ask mindless questions that no one has a clue to what you are saying...

ignore
    latexfever
    @We_are_accountable
    @Plaffelvohfen

You really have no understanding of this simple question?? Let's try again...

Can I use your property as a podium to spread my political agenda in your neighborhood?? 
    We_are_accountableCYDdharta
  • xlJ_dolphin_473xlJ_dolphin_473 960 Pts   -  
    @We_are_accountable
    I understand what @Plaffelvohfen is saying...
    PlaffelvohfenlatexfeverWe_are_accountable
  • AlofRIAlofRI 1111 Pts   -  
    @Plaffelvohfen

ignore
    For REAL, this time????
    We_are_accountablePlaffelvohfen
  • RandomRandom 23 Pts   -  
    @Plaffelvohfen

ignore
    I think your the one with out a mind buddy....

@Plaffelvohfen's comment made complete sense...
    We_are_accountableAlofRICYDdhartaPlaffelvohfen
    Maybe we should ignore you, because you know, your the one with out a mind...
    We_are_accountablePlaffelvohfen
    It amazes me how this ...... Senator ....... can defend the guy who insulted his wife, called his father a traitor .... even an assassin! After that, the Senator showed some well deserved "bias"! What is it this, umm, disgrace to manhood, has over people?? 

I think they are more afraid of the evangelical backlash than they are of HIM! ( Or maybe it's the vindictiveness of both, together )  It won't stop until BOTH get out of politics.  :unamused:
    We_are_accountableCYDdhartaRandomPlaffelvohfen
  • @Random

You said his comment made sense? Explain to the rest of us. How did that comment relate to this debate on biased censorship?

Explain why I am out of my mind. I have debated this other baffoon many times, and have learned to ignore his childish fake news.

I am responding to you because I have yet to determine if you are fake news. The fact that your first response to me, saying I am out of my mind, says our conversation will be very short lived.

People who come to a debate to simply insult the person creating the debate, and never giving their opinions on the debate at hand, are jokes to be ignored.
    RandomPlaffelvohfen
  • @AlofRI

You are the Party of Big Brother CENSORSHIP! Live with who you are!

IGNORE
    PlaffelvohfenAlofRICYDdharta
  • @We_are_accountable

I'm still waiting for one person on the Left to explain why you now support biased censorship in our social media. Is there one Lefty out there who can actually debate the subject? Do you all support censorship?
    PlaffelvohfenCYDdhartaAlofRI
    The problem is, there IS NO PROBLEM as you wish to put it. Biased censorship is a FOX NEW exclusive .... hmmm, not really exclusive, Newsmax and a couple of other growing publishers of this rectum derived edict are heavily into it. Is there ONE RIGHTY out there who can actually admit that THEY OWN the subject?? You ALL support censorship! 
    PlaffelvohfenWe_are_accountable
  • CYDdhartaCYDdharta 1367 Pts   -  
    @We_are_accountable
    @Plaffelvohfen

Can I use your property as a podium to spread my political agenda in your neighborhood?? 

...so you're saying Twitter and Facebook maintain editorial control over the content posted there.  Great, then they can be held liable for that content.
  • PlaffelvohfenPlaffelvohfen 2025 Pts   -   edited November 19
    @We_are_accountable

I wanted to offer you the chance to show us (and @aarong ) that you're more than a internet pigeon that come here to strut and leave too much droppings behind...

We could have a fun place to debate issues, but you're polluting it and make the place stink... A good business principle is to keep your business clean, a dirty and smelling place is not very attractive... I'm giving a chance to both you and the moderator to see if my money is worth giving it to @aarong...

So, I'll ask again one last time... Can I use your property as a podium to spread my political agenda in your neighborhood?? 
    RandomxlJ_dolphin_473We_are_accountableAlofRI
    @CYDdharta

CYDdharta said:
    @We_are_accountable
    @Plaffelvohfen

...so you're saying Twitter and Facebook maintain editorial control over the content posted there.  Great, then they can be held liable for that content.
    It's fallacious thinking...

Editorial processes occur before publication, not after publication (as is the case with Twitter and such).
    xlJ_dolphin_473We_are_accountableCYDdharta
    @We_are_accountable ;

Ok, We_are _accountable, first of all your the one insulting everyone.

Second of all I'm expanding on what @Plaffelvohfen said, would you want me to use your backyard as a place to spread my ideas?
    What if you don't accept, understand or believe in those ideas? What if those ideas put you on the bad list of another person. You wouldn't want me to spread those ideas in your backyard. What Plaffelvohfen is trying to say is the CEO does not want to share this information in order to not be disliked by either party. 

By the way, sorry if I insulted you, but I tend to retaliate to fire with fire. Have a good day.

-Random
    PlaffelvohfenxlJ_dolphin_473We_are_accountableAlofRI
  • We_are_accountableWe_are_accountable 753 Pts   -   edited November 19
    @Random

Try being honest if you are going to apologise. You say "IF" you insulted me? LOL
    I have never insulted you since this is the first time I can remember seeing your name. So you retaliate against me when I never said a word to you? GET REAL!

I insult the baffoons who have proven time and again that they are the most arrogant fake news insulters on this site, and I will ignore their rants most times.

You don't like what I say to baffoons? I could not care less what you think because I also retaliate with fire against fire.

Now that you FINALLY tried to address a post by the baffoon, how about addressing my debate? You are completely wrong about these Social media companies. They are not fair minded or impartial. They outright censor speech from the Right about 99% more often then they do the Left.

If you don't know this obvious fact, then why are you on debate sites?

My debate is about the one way censorship. If you have nothing else to disprove this fact, then please run along now. Ted Cruz asked Twitter to show Congress the data of how many times they have censored the Left and how many times they have censored the Right.
    TWITTER CEO  REFUSED TO GIVE CONGRESS THAT INFORMATION!

I know first hand that most internet sites including Google, Yahoo, Facebook, Twitter, etc. etc. are biased against the Right. It's truly sickening since they pretend to be non biased. If they are going to destroy our elections with fake news and censorship, then they better let us all know so we can boycott their worthless sites.
    PlaffelvohfenAlofRI
    @We_are_accountable

You do not "debate", you rant...  What are your arguments here? 

I'll ask again.... Do I have a right to use your property as a podium to spread my political agenda in your neighborhood?? 
    RandomCYDdhartaAlofRI

It's fallacious thinking...

Editorial processes occur before publication, not after publication (as is the case with Twitter and such).

Whether the editing takes place before or after publishing is completely irrelevant.
    @We_are_accountable

You do not "debate", you rant...  What are your arguments here? 

I'll ask again.... Do I have a right to use your property as a podium to spread my political agenda in your neighborhood?? 

I can clear this up for both of you quite simply.

@We_are_accountable, are you granted special liability protection by the government for people spreading their messages, whatever they may be, on your property?
    Plaffelvohfen
  • PlaffelvohfenPlaffelvohfen 2025 Pts   -   edited November 20
    @CYDdharta
    CYDdharta said:
    Whether the editing takes place before or after publishing is completely irrelevant.
    That's the only moment where you can begin to infer some form of liability, knowledge beforehand... Publishers are expected to have awareness of the material they publish and thus can be held liable for any illegal content they published...

If all those platforms are to be expected to have awareness of the material they publish, it follows that

1: They would be assumed to have reviewed the content they publish like all other publishers, and
    2: Anonymity will be a thing of the past because in order to protect themselves from lawsuits from both the right and left (as frivolous as they may be), site owners like Aarong here, would minimally have to require proof of identification of users for any possible legal procedures...

Some kind of unique and instantly verifiable digital signature might become mandatory to use online social services, not talking IP addresses here, something incontrovertibly linking you to your legal identity and insuring liability, might well become a thing... Not that I mind that much mind you, I could live with that, heck I'd live in a microchipped society, I'd grumble of course but eh, I'm an old fart and that's what we do...  

Section 230 is what defines a Free Internet in the US, it's the only thing keeping the FCC out... 

Elements on both the right and the left do want to treat online platforms as publishers, both for very different and opposite reasons, and both are wrong... Be really careful what you wish for...
    CYDdhartalatexfever
  • @CYDdharta

Why thank you for clearing up that illiterate question. Yes, I would gladly answer your well thought out and precise question.

If I created a business in my back yard, under the pretense of fair and equal treatment to all those utilizing my business, and then censoring people who held opposing political views to my own, I should be sued by those being treated unfairly. The problem being that these Social media companies are protected from such liability based on the assumption they would be fair to all their members.

Our Government is finally seeing the bias and censorship from these Left wing companies, and will soon take away their protection from liability.
    PlaffelvohfenCYDdhartalatexfever
  • xlJ_dolphin_473xlJ_dolphin_473 960 Pts   -   edited November 20
    @We_are_accountable
    Basically, what @Plaffelvohfen is saying is don't assume that you are entitled to post whatever you want on social media. Social media is not a right, it's a privilege. If someone painted far-left propaganda on the front of your house, you would get rid of it, wouldn't you? That's what social media platforms like Twitter and Facebook are doing: removing misinformative and extreme political views.
  • We_are_accountableWe_are_accountable 753 Pts   -   edited November 20
    @xlJ_dolphin_473

HOGWASH FAKE NEWS!

Do you actually believe the Leftwing rhtoric that you repeat?

These Social media companies for some reason never find any far Left misinformation and propaganda from those who share their same political views. It is only Conservatives that are singled out for censorship! THAT'S THE ENTIRE POINT! Try sticking to the point of the concerns from Congress and people such as myself!

We just had a coup on our Presidency in the United States! Other than Fox news, the entire TV news media joined forces in ousting a duly elected President. They spread disinformation, censoring news stories from reputive news organizations such as with the New York Post's Hunter Biden laptop scandal tieing Joe Biden to Chinese shady business connections. They blocked New York Post's accounts for daring to report this huge story! They blocked accounts of border patrol officials, and thousands of other Conservatives and Republicans. They blocked the accounts of these reputive people purely to protect Joe Biden from any bad press.

Why is it that Twitter and others never seem to find Leftwing news stories, rumors, etc. to block? If you refuse to acknowledge the biased Leftwing media in this world, then you are not worth my time. 
    xlJ_dolphin_473Plaffelvohfen
  • xlJ_dolphin_473xlJ_dolphin_473 960 Pts   -   edited November 20
    @We_are_accountable
    Maybe Twitter is leftwing-biased, but that's not the point. Twitter can block whatever they want, because they are an independent entity that may have its own political views.
    Twitter can block conservatives if it wants to. Like I said, social media is not a right, but a privilege. Understand that you don't have the right to post up your conservative views wherever you want, if the website disagrees with it.
    Plaffelvohfen
  • xlJ_dolphin_473xlJ_dolphin_473 960 Pts   -  
    Twitter used to be a free speech platform, but it isn't any more. If you want to go to a completely free-speech platform, try Parler.
  • PlaffelvohfenPlaffelvohfen 2025 Pts   -   edited November 20
    @xlJ_dolphin_473

In order for him to understand, he would need to possess the ability to think critically... A skill he obviously lacks... 

All he cares about is making noise, and parroting talking points of which he doesn't grasp the underlying principles... He would tear his shirt over principles of "free market"  and "freedom of speech" but would deny the same to anyone else if it interferes with his own interests or views...

He (and other snowflakes like him) are just bitter that their opinions are not as popular as other opinions... 
    We_are_accountable
  • We_are_accountableWe_are_accountable 753 Pts   -   edited November 20
    @xlJ_dolphin_473

Funny how you only mentioned Twitter. I said that almost ALL OF OUR TV NEWS is biased against Republicans. That is paramount to a dictatorship led State run press.

If they come out and admit that they are in bed with Democrats, and will openly support only Democrats, and always find fault with Republicans, then I can live with that.

These news outlets refuse to admit their bias. They pretend to be non partisan. THEIR LIES THE PROBLEM!
    Plaffelvohfen