Love Thy Neighbor - The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com - Debate Anything The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is a globally leading online debate platform that is transforming the online debating experience. DebateIsland enables anyone to civilly debate online, casually or formally, with five fun debating formats: Casual, "Persuade Me," Formalish, Traditional Formal, and Lincoln-Douglas. With DebateIsland's beautiful, mobile-friendly, and easy-to-use, online debate website, users can debate politics, debate science, debate technology, debate news, and just about anything else in a large community of debaters. Debate online for free while improving your debating skills with the help of Artifical Intelligence on DebateIsland.

DebateIsland.com is the best online debate website. We're the only online debate website with Casual, "Persuade Me," Formalish, Traditional Formal, and Lincoln-Douglas online debate formats. Using DebateIsland's beautiful, mobile-friendly, and easy-to-use online debate website, you can debate politics, debate popular topics, debate news, or debate anything in a large community of debaters. Debate online for free using DebateIsland, a globally leading online debate website that is utilizing Artificial Intelligence to transform online debating.

Love Thy Neighbor

Debate Information

so long as your neighbour is not:
a Jew
a Muslim
a Hindu
an Atheist
a Gay
an unmarried mother
any other Christian group that is not your denomination
and all other minority groups that don't happen to be yours.

In other words, hate everybody else's guts that don't share the same nutty beliefs as you. But of course, you will be so deluded as to think that everybody else thinks you are likeable.
When your colleagues suddenly stop talking as you walk past the water cooler they are simply lost for words in awe at your glowing wholesomeness and likeable nature.

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Arguments

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• AlofRIAlofRI 1111 Pts   -   edited November 19
    Or you can just go your way and let them go theirs. If they'd do the same what a nice world this would be! 

But then, people come along and want us to be .....  _accountable .... to THEIR belief, be .... _accountable to THEIR _entity that exists in their imagination only .... evidencially.  (Not really a word, but, it fits ;-) 

So, we have to love only the neighbors THEY approve of. If I want to love one of my neighbors, I will! ................ god willing.  :yum:  Whether she's Muslim, Jew, Hindu ... I'm an equal opportunity neighbor.
  • SmithSmith 22 Pts   -  
    Hello, AlofRi. If you are on a sinking ship, would you give your neighbour a lifevest? 
  • SmithSmith 22 Pts   -  
    I think you would. I would too! I would give my neighbour a lifevest because I love them! And to see them drown would make me sad. The same concept ultimately applies to those in the world around me. If I see a fellow image of God sinning and about to drown I want to help him/her because I love them. By no means am I saying that some people in "Christianity" don't try to belittle others and break them down and then leave them. Those who do such cruel acts are not, in fact, Christians. They are the filth of the earth and will be judged accordingly. But to save a man who is about to jump off the boat isn't hating him. It's loving him! 
  • SmithSmith 22 Pts   -  
    But by this love, make no mistake. That all gods "Coexist" is both antithetical to reason and to itself. I should say "My God is the only God and yours is too." Would make no sense and cannot be true. There is one truth. As for being an "equal opportunity neighbour", I believe we all have the opportunity to come to the life vest, to come to Christ. And by telling this to your neighbour, I can think of no great love.
  • SwolliwSwolliw 712 Pts   -  
    @Smith
    Hello, AlofRi. If you are on a sinking ship, would you give your neighbour a lifevest? 

Okay then, to be more specific:.....
    You are on a sinking boat and there are two life jackets and two others on board. One of the others is a devout Christian whilst the other is a gay atheist. Who should get the life jackets? 
  • DeeDee 3002 Pts   -  
    @Smith

Hello, AlofRi. If you are on a sinking ship, would you give your neighbour a lifevest

If there were two you most likely would if there was one you would fight tooth and nail to save yourself , if you stood on the deck with a wife and two kids and there were 4 guess who would get the four?

These arm chair philosophical speculations are meaningless when it comes to real world scenarios.

xlJ_dolphin_473
    @Dee
    These arm chair philosophical speculations are meaningless when it comes to real world scenarios.

Well said. It is fine for theists to ramble on about their myths and imaginary friends in the comfort of their electric recliners but when they dare venture out into the real world there ain't no God around to save their buts if they tried. And they still don't get it at work, walking past the water cooler where all their colleagues hang around who then suddenly go quiet and look at the ceiling.
  • SmithSmith 22 Pts   -  
    You are on a sinking boat and there are two life jackets and two others on board. One of the others is a devout Christian whilst the other is a gay atheist. 
    Hello, swolliw. There's an old story of a pastor on a ship. The ship began to sink, he had multiple life vests, and we went around asking those on the ship if there were a Christian. They might respond "no" to which he would reply "Then you need this more then I do!" Furthermore, my friend, being that these are "Armchair philosophical speculations", I find it appropriate to mention that that precisely is the difference between a theist and an atheist. That a theist should "find to tooth and nail" to save himself says quite a bit about his standing with God. My dear friend, if you were drowning I would use myself as a live safer if I must! You would need this old body of mine far more than I do!
  • DeeDee 3002 Pts   -  
    @Smith

You are addressing the wrong person as I made such comments , kindly address your remarks to me if you wish me to engage otherwise I will not respond 
  • DeeDee 3002 Pts   -  
    @Swolliw

Yes indeed they are all ‘perfect examples’ of a ‘true’ Christian when it’s from the warmth of their chair with a cup of coffee in hand and they never stop boasting what they would do which is all hunky dory in theory 
    xlJ_dolphin_473
    @Smith
    My dear friend, if you were drowning I would use myself as a live safer if I must! You would need this old body of mine far more than I do!

Na, I'm too modest, save yourself, my body is probably more worn than yours although it certainly has held out remarkably well considering my personal habits.