Would You Turn Gay For Jesus? - The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com - Debate Anything The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is a globally leading online debate platform that is transforming the online debating experience. DebateIsland enables anyone to civilly debate online, casually or formally, with five fun debating formats: Casual, "Persuade Me," Formalish, Traditional Formal, and Lincoln-Douglas. With DebateIsland's beautiful, mobile-friendly, and easy-to-use, online debate website, users can debate politics, debate science, debate technology, debate news, and just about anything else in a large community of debaters. Debate online for free while improving your debating skills with the help of Artifical Intelligence on DebateIsland.

DebateIsland.com is the best online debate website. We're the only online debate website with Casual, "Persuade Me," Formalish, Traditional Formal, and Lincoln-Douglas online debate formats. Using DebateIsland's beautiful, mobile-friendly, and easy-to-use online debate website, you can debate politics, debate popular topics, debate news, or debate anything in a large community of debaters. Debate online for free using DebateIsland, a globally leading online debate website that is utilizing Artificial Intelligence to transform online debating.

Would You Turn Gay For Jesus?

Debate Information

It's a sign of the times I suppose, but the uber trendy fun thing to ask your mates at the local cafe or while supping the latest and greatest organic chardonnay is "Who would you turn gay for? "
Even TV chat shows seem to be jumping on the bandwagon where straight celebrities are always asked who they would turn gay for.
So, here's an interesting twist on the question for theists and atheists alike.

Would you turn gay for Jesus?
And, why?

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Arguments

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• AlofRIAlofRI 1111 Pts   -  
    If he was an actual "god" I might have to do what he "requested", but ................. he's dead. That means I get to stay straight.  o:)
    PlaffelvohfenRandomxlJ_dolphin_473JeffreyBlankenship
  • George_HorseGeorge_Horse 447 Pts   -  
    why tf is this EVEN a debate topic?????
    "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? " ~Epicurus

"A communist is like a crocodile" ~Winston Churchill

We're born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we're not alone.~Orson Welles
  • SmithSmith 22 Pts   -  
    Hello, AlofRi. I would not turn gay for Jesus because Jesus openly condemns homosexuality. Therefore, should Jesus tell be to be gay He would contradict himself and thereby no longer be Jesus and unworthy of any type of submission. 

• MonketrunkMonketrunk 72 Pts   -  
    Hell yeah I would
  • Starlord616Starlord616 209 Pts   -  
    Smith said:
    Hello, AlofRi. I would not turn gay for Jesus because Jesus openly condemns homosexuality. Therefore, should Jesus tell be to be gay He would contradict himself and thereby no longer be Jesus and unworthy of any type of submission. 
    Jesus himself did not directly address the specific question of homosexual acts. Rarely does Christ address particular moral issues but focuses instead on the broader goals of the love of God and love of neighbour.
    ZeusAres42
  • RandomRandom 23 Pts   -  
    Christ our savoir would not want us to turn gay, so no.
    Christ our savior would not want us to turn homosexual, so no.
    Christ our savior would not want us to turn homosexual, so no.
  • SwolliwSwolliw 712 Pts   -  
    @George_Horse
    why tf is this EVEN a debate topic?????

Because I made it so.
    Ask an absurd question and you get an absurd (blunt) answer.
    @Random

Never mind what Jesus wants. I think that the premise is that, do you find Jesus attractive enough to want to bonk him?
    @Monketrunk
    Hell yeah I would

That's the spirit. I mean, looking at all the pictures of him, Jesus looks like quite a hunk. If it turns out that he's not gay though, I reckon you would have to nail him to the bed first. He would probably enjoy that.
  • SmithSmith 22 Pts   -  
    @Starlord616
    Ignoring the blatant irrationality that breeds itself in the next few statements, I will say this. That though through the lips of Christ Jesus Incarnate didn't say anything about homosexuality, He is God. And just as Jesus is God so too is the Holy Spirit. And though Christ never spoke of homosexuality, you can bet your tuchus that Paul did! And every word written by Paul was inspired purely by the Holy Spirit. 

JeffreyBlankenship
  • @Smith Amen! Thats so true man. Moral topics like that were addressed multiple times in the bible. Some people are just too ignorant to realize that.

• @AlofRI Hey you have a typo, it's God with an uppercase G. That's because he is the one and only God and he rose from the grave.
  • @AlofRI Hey you have a typo, it's God with an uppercase G. That's because he is the one and only God and he rose from the grave.

@JeffreyBlankenship ; fun fact: God would also be an Atheist if he existed too.

"Tip: Once you aknowledge that you're wrong about somthing and can admit it you're a step closer to actually being right!"  - Bo Bennett, Logically Fallacious: The ultimate collection of over 300 logical fallacies
  • AlofRIAlofRI 1111 Pts   -  
    @AlofRI Hey you have a typo, it's God with an uppercase G. That's because he is the one and only God and he rose from the grave.

No. That was NOT a typo. I said: "a" god. That would not be uppercase and anyway, if "god" must be uppercase Superman must be also .... Oh, my mistake, he IS. ;-)

@Smith
    And every word written by Paul was inspired purely by the Holy Spirit. 

Every word I write here was also inspired by the Holy Spirit.
    @JeffreyBlankenship
    Moral topics like that were addressed multiple times in the bible. Some people are just too ignorant to realize that.

Some people are just too ignorant and arrogant to realise that many of the morals and dictums that were written many centuries ago when society was primitive and barbaric have no place in modern, decent, civilised society. To the extent that we now have laws in place to protect normal decent citizens belonging to minority groups from being vilified by bigoted nitwits who think their insidious beliefs somehow reign supreme.