IF GOD PROMISED TO DO SOMETHING CAN ANYTHING STOP IT? - The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com - Debate Anything The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is a globally leading online debate platform that is transforming the online debating experience. DebateIsland enables anyone to civilly debate online, casually or formally, with five fun debating formats: Casual, "Persuade Me," Formalish, Traditional Formal, and Lincoln-Douglas. With DebateIsland's beautiful, mobile-friendly, and easy-to-use, online debate website, users can debate politics, debate science, debate technology, debate news, and just about anything else in a large community of debaters. Debate online for free while improving your debating skills with the help of Artifical Intelligence on DebateIsland.

Communities

DebateIsland.com is the best online debate website. We're the only online debate website with Casual, "Persuade Me," Formalish, Traditional Formal, and Lincoln-Douglas online debate formats. Using DebateIsland's beautiful, mobile-friendly, and easy-to-use online debate website, you can debate politics, debate popular topics, debate news, or debate anything in a large community of debaters. Debate online for free using DebateIsland, a globally leading online debate website that is utilizing Artificial Intelligence to transform online debating.

IF GOD PROMISED TO DO SOMETHING CAN ANYTHING STOP IT?

Debate Information

MISTER SAND IS AN EXHIBITION OF COGNITIVE DISSONANCE.
LETS see if he dares respond.
Plaffelvohfen

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Arguments

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• AlofRIAlofRI 1111 Pts   -  
    I'm quite certain nothing could START it.
    mickygPlaffelvohfenxlJ_dolphin_473
  • mickygmickyg 141 Pts   -  
    yes just trying to get @Sand ; TO stop running@AlofRI
  • DeeDee 3002 Pts   -   edited November 20
    Ahh poor @sand every post he makes he contradicts his previous posts. One would have a better chance of explaining the intricacies of  trigonometry to an Octupus than basic reasoning to sand .....He’s still posting daily the self same arguments regards objective morality that he admitted months ago were deeply flawed and he went away for a month to come up with a ‘new’ argument yet is repeating the self same BS again 
    Plaffelvohfen
  • SandSand 271 Pts   -  
    Thank you, I love all of you too!

>>>>>IF GOD PROMISED TO DO SOMETHING CAN ANYTHING STOP IT?<<<<<
    Yes.
    so your god is not all powerful all knowing
    OK..WHAT CHURCH DO YOU BELONG TO?@Sand
  • SandSand 271 Pts   -  

The Bible doesn't teach God is all-powerful, all-knowing, and present everywhere.

I am a Unitarian.
    YOUR GOD IS LESS useful then google. @Sand
    SandPlaffelvohfen
  • SandSand 271 Pts   -  
    The Bible paints a realistic viewpoint of God than some people think.
    Unstudied concepts or ideas about God are what Atheists fight.
    They stab an empty box.
    Constantly religious people are trying to explain that Atheist attacks are not addressing the issues, but they do not listen.
    So we let them rant, and see if they listen to logic.
    Plaffelvohfen
    LOGIC???
    YOU?
    DO?
    LOGIC?

LETS TRY THIS OUT
    IS JESUS GOD?@Sand
    Plaffelvohfen
  • SandSand 271 Pts   -  
    Nope.
    WHEN YOU GET TO HEAVEN WILL YOU SEE JESUS?
  • SandSand 271 Pts   -   edited November 22

The goal is not heaven.
    SO THE GOAL IS BEING A KING ON EARTH? @Sand
  • SandSand 271 Pts   -  

The goal is the Earth.

Isaiah 45:18 - "For thus says the LORD, who created the heavens (He is the God who formed the earth and made it, He established it and did not create it a waste place, but formed it to be inhabited), "I am the LORD, and there is none else."

Plaffelvohfen
    isaiah1 Thus saith the LORD to his CHRIST... Cyrus, whose right hand I have holden, to subdue nations before him; and I will loose the loins of kings, to open before him the two leaved gates; and the gates shall not be shut; ..... @Sand
  • SandSand 271 Pts   -  

As mentioned the goal is earth.
    JESUS SAID EARTH WILL NOT LAST FOREVER.....@Sand
  • SandSand 271 Pts   -  

The world and the earth are two different things.

Ecclesiastes 1:4 - "Generations come and generations go, but the earth remains forever."
    Pslams 78:69 "He built his sanctuary like the high heavens, like the earth, which he has founded forever."

Plaffelvohfen
  • AlofRIAlofRI 1111 Pts   -  
    I really don't know of a thing "God" has promised to do that isn't hearsay. You can't stop what doesn't start.
  • SandSand 271 Pts   -  
    >>>>>I really don't know of a thing "God" has promised to do that isn't hearsay. You can't stop what doesn't start.<<<<<

Hearsay is every history book known to man.
    The earth and the heavens are the work of thy hands. They shall perish. Psalm 102:25-26

For, behold, I create a new heavens and a new earth. Isaiah 65:17

Heaven and earth shall pass away; but my words shall not pass away. Matthew 24:35, Mark 13:31, Luke 21:33

Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands. They shall perish. Hebrews 1:10-11

The heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. 2 Peter 3:10

Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth. 2 Peter 3:13

And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away. Revelation 21:1

@Sand
    GOD PROMISED MOSES THAT HE WOULD HARDEN PHAROAHS HEART to not let the jews go BEFORE MOSES even asked PHARAOH to do so.
    A CLEAR indication that bible god does not support free will.
  • SandSand 271 Pts   -  

>>>>>>The earth and the heavens are the work of thy hands. They shall perish. Psalm 102:25-26
    For, behold, I create a new heavens and a new earth. Isaiah 65:17
    Heaven and earth shall pass away; but my words shall not pass away. Matthew 24:35, Mark 13:31, Luke 21:33
    Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands. They shall perish. Hebrews 1:10-11
    The heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. 2 Peter 3:10
    Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth. 2 Peter 3:13
    And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away. Revelation 21:1<<<<<

Excellent scriptures.
    Peter explains:
    2 Peter 3:5-7,13
    "For they deliberately overlook this fact, that the heavens existed long ago, and the earth was formed out of water and through water by the word of God, and that by means of these the world that then existed was deluged with water and perished. But by the same word the heavens and earth that now exist are stored up for fire, being kept until the day of judgment and destruction of the ungodly. But according to his promise we are waiting for new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells."

When the Bible says the earth shall pass away, burned up, they shall perish, or simular. Peter explains the earth perished before by water. But the physical ground remained, so it was the wicked people destroyed by the flood. This will happen again by fire.
    So the literal phyical earth will be here forever.
    But the earth (wicked people) will be removed.
    We live in the second earth (people) , the third and final version of earth will come, only righteousness will dwell.

Your scriptures speak about this same information.
    Revelation 21:1 - "first heaven and first earth"

>>>>>>GOD PROMISED MOSES THAT HE WOULD HARDEN PHAROAHS HEART to not let the jews go BEFORE MOSES even asked PHARAOH to do so.A CLEAR indication that bible god does not support free will.<<<<<<

God explains to Jeremiah:
    Jeremiah 18:7-10
    "At one moment I may speak about a nation or a kingdom to uproot it, pull it down, or destroy it. But if that nation about which I spoke turns from its evil way, I’ll change my mind about the disaster that I had planned for it. At another moment I may speak about a nation or kingdom to build it or plant it. But if that nation does evil in my eyes by not obeying me, I’ll change my mind about the good that I said I would bring on it."

God says he may say something will happen, like "harden pharoah's heart".
    But if that person(s) "turns" God will change his mind.
    So if Pharoah did (of his own free will) change, God would have changed.
    So it depends on the person decisions (free will), not just the words of God.
    We see this in many of the Israelite experiences.

Deuteronomy 30:19 - "I call heaven and earth as witnesses against you today that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing. Therefore choose life, so that you and your descendants may live,"

You have the free will to make your own choices.
    I LAUGH WHEN YOU SPEAK FOR GOD....WHERE DOES GOD SAY HE WILL CHANGE HIS MIND......
    IF GOD "CHANGED" HIS mind he is not all knowing..@Sand
  • SandSand 271 Pts   -  
    @mickyg

I do not speak for God, I just reference his words. 

Jeremiah 18:7-10
    "At one moment I may speak about a nation or a kingdom to uproot it, pull it down, or destroy it. But if that nation about which I spoke turns from its evil way, I’ll change my mind about the disaster that I had planned for it. At another moment I may speak about a nation or kingdom to build it or plant it. But if that nation does evil in my eyes by not obeying me, I’ll change my mind about the good that I said I would bring on it."

Of course he is not all knowing. The Bible doesn't say he knows everything.
    it sure does not say he is all knowing
    in fact he admitted that satan outsmarted him @Sand
  • SandSand 271 Pts   -  

Satan only prolonged the inevitable.
    Satan just slowing the process down.
    God is playing chess not checkers.

Plaffelvohfen