frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

In this Debate

Are conservative political figures such as Ben Shapiro good people?

Debate Information

I myself personally believe that they are in the wrong. Most disagree with real things such as LGBTQ rights and BLM equality and that is a major thing to say no thanks to. 
Another Point of mine is defending republicans, now before I see responses such as ¨Oh well you just hate republicans so that's biased!¨ and no I don't HATE them I just don't AGREE with them. Now that I have finished conservatives in my experience have almost always defended figure such as donald trump for his actions. When you defend someone who has called a pandemic a hoax and said sexual comments about his daughter don't you think that's kind of an issue?
Debater123CYDdharta

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
67%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• DevonDevon 41 Pts   -  
    Side stepping the specific anecdotal issues you mentioned, conservative minds are just as necessary are liberal minds. We need people willing to brave the frontier and make the unknown known (liberals) and we need people who are willing to establish and maintain order in the newly established society (conservatives). It is a balance. Like pinocchio, we have to confront "chaos" (the frontier) to rescue our "father" (conservative values). It's a life journey conservatives and liberals have to walk together.
  • DevonDevon 41 Pts   -  
    One thing I have noticed though is people defend everything their "side" does out of fear that a concession will undermine everything their worldview represents. In defense of that, it is easy to do because the opposing side will make it seem like a simple error in one area means the whole worldview is useless. We have to get past simplistic my team/your team thinking and be willing to talk as our team.
    PlaffelvohfenZeusAres42