frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Why do those on the Left create non stop anti Christian debates, but seldom rail against Islam?

Debate Information

Now for those who look at the facts, and actually follow the news, it is obvious that the religion of Islam is the feeding grounds for Terrorism. Yes, we all know that there are some moderate Muslims who denounce terrorism and hate how their religion has been interpreted to justify killing non believers. We also know that few of these so called moderate Muslims took to the streets to denounce the Trade Center attack.

To read the hate on this site from these anti Christian Bigots, you would think that Christians are an evil authoritarian bunch of people, killing and maiming the non believers, hating anyone who does not embrace the Christian faith.

Again, anyone who knows the facts of what Christianity stands for, and knows the facts of what Christian Churhces are involved with, would know that they spend most of their time helping others, feeding starving kids around the world, helping pregnant women with the costs and stress of bringing that new life into the world through Crisis Pregnancy centers, etc.
These things are done through voluntary charity from these supposed evil Christians.

Something does not jibe here. Why is it that the Left gives Islam a free ride, ignoring all the evil perpetrated by terrorists in the name of Islam, etc., and treat Christians like hateful judgmental monsters. The facts just simply do not add up. You will notice that these deceivers will almost always bring up fringe groups like Westboro Baptist Church, to try and paint all Christians in the same light. The Left can not push their bigoted hate against Christians without these  cherry picked distortions of the truth.

So what are we to take from this phenomenon? My take on this seemingly irrational reaction from the Left, is that Christianity is the one true faith, and therefore something for non believing bigots to fear. They do not fear false religions even though they are blowing up women and children.

The goal of people on the Left is transforming America, and have admitted so! To transform America, built on a Christian heritage of religious freedom, they must first demonize that core foundation. They must make you believe that America's greatness was not a result of our Christian heritage, but rather a hindrance to it. They even try to make you believe that there is no such thing as an American Christian heritage. Never mind that we had a Bible in every hotel room, the Ten Commandments on our court room walls, a prayer at the beginning of every Congressional session, etc. etc.
Never mind the facts because bigots do not deal in facts. They are deceivers!

If you look at the volume of anti Christian debates, you will notice they are most times created by those on the Left. Ask yourself why the Left constantly ridicules decent loving compassionate people. Ask yourself why they want to force Companies to hire LGBT people on the Board of directors, but not Christians. Do you see their focus and goals for America. They are lifting up the very groups who hate Christianity the most.
Christians do not hate Gays, and are not Homophobic. Christians want to stop this attack on our religious freedoms by activist LGBT groups. We do not want to be forced into the board rooms. We believe in freedom for all people no matter what you believe.
That's it!
Happy_KillbotAlofRIlatexfeverDebater123JeffreyBlankenshipPlaffelvohfen

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• Happy_KillbotHappy_Killbot 5331 Pts   -  
    @We_are_accountable ;
    I'm sorry, but have you missed all the anti-Muslim rhetoric I spew? I literally told off a Muslim yesterday. At least he got the message, you still seem to be deciphering it.

Evangelical Christians are breeding domestic terrorists, fueled by chauvinism and white supremacy. As far as I am concerned the only difference between the white-trash bigots and the Muslim extremists is that one of these groups didn't have their homes systematically destroyed so that the other could enjoy low oil prices.

Besides, for what it's worth Islam is the superior religion at any rate, no contest.
    Debater123JeffreyBlankenshipPlaffelvohfenWe_are_accountableanarchist100
    At some point in the distant past, the universe went through a phase of cosmic inflation,
    Stars formed, planets coalesced, and on at least one of them life took root.
    Through a long process of evolution this life 
    developed into the human race.
    Humans conquered fire, built complex societies and advanced technology .

All of that so we can argue about nothing.
  • AlofRIAlofRI 1483 Pts   -  
    I haven't created ONE anti-Christian debate, and I'm on "the left". I don't "rail against Christianity", I don't "rail against Islam" either, but, I don't think one is more dangerous than the other. They are EQUALLY dangerous. I'm an equal-opportunity-atheist! 

The only time I object to religion is when somebody objectionable becomes objectionable ABOUT religion! I would object if you waved ANYTHING objectionable around in public .... ya know what I mean?? Religion IS like a penis. Keep it where it belongs and there's no problem.  :blush:
    Debater123PlaffelvohfenWe_are_accountable
    I haven't created ONE anti-Christian debate, and I'm on "the left". I don't "rail against Christianity", I don't "rail against Islam" either, but, I don't think one is more dangerous than the other. They are EQUALLY dangerous. I'm an equal-opportunity-atheist! 

The only time I object to religion is when somebody objectionable becomes objectionable ABOUT religion! I would object if you waved ANYTHING objectionable around in public .... ya know what I mean?? Religion IS like a penis. Keep it where it belongs and there's no problem.  :blush:
    We_are_accountable

The only time I object to religion is when somebody objectionable becomes objectionable ABOUT religion! I would object if you waved ANYTHING objectionable around in public .... ya know what I mean?? Religion IS like a p***s. Keep it where it belongs and there's no problem.  :blush:
    We_are_accountable
  • Debater123Debater123 591 Pts   -  
    AlofRI said:

The only time I object to religion is when somebody objectionable becomes objectionable ABOUT religion! I would object if you waved ANYTHING objectionable around in public .... ya know what I mean?? Religion IS like a p***s. Keep it where it belongs and there's no problem.  :blush:
    Although your argument is rather strong, don't spam chat, please.
    @We_are_accountable ;
    I'm sorry, but have you missed all the anti-Muslim rhetoric I spew? I literally told off a Muslim yesterday. At least he got the message, you still seem to be deciphering it.

Evangelical Christians are breeding domestic terrorists, fueled by chauvinism and white supremacy. As far as I am concerned the only difference between the white-trash bigots and the Muslim extremists is that one of these groups didn't have their homes systematically destroyed so that the other could enjoy low oil prices.

Besides, for what it's worth Islam is the superior religion at any rate, no contest.
    'Evangelical Christians are breeding domestic terrorists' According to what.
    'fueled by chauvinism' What's wrong with that.
    'As far as I am concerned the only difference between the white-trash bigots and the Muslim extremists is that one of these groups didn't have their homes systematically destroyed so that the other could enjoy low oil prices.' You use the word 'bigot' and the racist term 'white trash' far too much Killbot, but back to the point, the fact that some Christians attacked Muslims for oil doesn't represent the religion, for example, you drink water, and Hitler drinks water, does that mean you are responsible for the holocaust and WW2? No of course not.
    'Besides, for what it's worth Islam is the superior religion, at any rate, no contest.' Why?
    We_are_accountable
  • Happy_KillbotHappy_Killbot 5331 Pts   -   edited December 2020
    @Debater123 ;
    According to what.
    According to this \/ \/ \/ \/ \/
    'fueled by chauvinism' What's wrong with that.
     You use the word 'bigot' and the racist term 'white trash' far too much Killbot, but back to the point, the fact that some Christians attacked Muslims for oil doesn't represent the religion, for example, you drink water, and Hitler drinks water, does that mean you are responsible for the holocaust and WW2? No of course not.
    In this case, the term "white-trash" is just an accurate description.

Also, thx for yet another straw man. What I am saying is that there is no fundamental difference between evangelicals and Muslims fundamentalists. They are the same type of people who think in exactly the same way about more or less the exact same thing. It is the environment that makes the difference.
     Why?
    Because I shot them in the face.
    PlaffelvohfenWe_are_accountableDebater123
    At some point in the distant past, the universe went through a phase of cosmic inflation,

• Debater123Debater123 591 Pts   -   edited December 2020
    @Debater123 ;
     You use the word 'bigot' and the racist term 'white trash' far too much Killbot, but back to the point, the fact that some Christians attacked Muslims for oil doesn't represent the religion, for example, you drink water, and Hitler drinks water, does that mean you are responsible for the holocaust and WW2? No of course not.
    In this case, the term "white-trash" is just an accurate description.

Also, thx for yet another straw man. What I am saying is that there is no fundamental difference between evangelicals and Muslims fundamentalists. They are the same type of people who think in exactly the same way about more or less the exact same thing. It is the environment that makes the difference.
    The reason I am not responding to the other stuff since it was not serious, I am just saying.
    'In this case, the term "white-trash" is just an accurate description.' How?
    'Also, thx for yet another straw man.' I didn't straw man anything, I quoted you!
    'What I am saying is that there is no fundamental difference between evangelicals and Muslim fundamentalists. They are the same type of people who think in the same way about more or less the same thing.' False
    'It is the environment that makes the difference.' It is the teachings, principles, and beliefs that make the difference.
    Happy_KillbotPlaffelvohfenWe_are_accountable
    @Debater123 ;
    I didn't straw man anything, I quoted you!
    You don't know what a straw man is do you?
    False
    You don't know what these people want do you?
    It is the teachings, principles, and beliefs that make the difference.
    Name one. Seriously. Just one.
    PlaffelvohfenWe_are_accountable

@Debater123 ;
    I didn't straw man anything, I quoted you!
    You don't know what a straw man is do you?
    False
    You don't know what these people want do you?
    It is the teachings, principles, and beliefs that make the difference.
    Name one. Seriously. Just one.
    'Name one. Seriously. Just one.' If you die a martyr you get over 70 virgins.
    'You don't know what these people want do you?' They want to believe what they believe, many religious groups don't have an end goal.
    'You don't know what a straw man is do you?' A quote maliciously twisted, and/or perhaps taken out of context
    We_are_accountable
    @Debater123 ;
    If you die a martyr you get over 70 virgins.
    If you die a martyr according to the Catholics, you get special treatment in heaven as well.

Revelation 2:10 Do not fear what you are about to suffer. Behold, the devil is about to cast some of you into prison, so that you will be tested, and you will have tribulation for ten days. Be faithful until death, and I will give you the crown of life.

Matthew 16:24-25 Then Jesus said to His disciples, “If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross and follow Me. For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it; but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it.

Keep in mind, that the entire Jesus narrative is one of martyrdom. 
    They want to believe what they believe, many religious groups don't have an end goal.
    Name one religion that doesn't have an end goal.
    A quote maliciously twisted, and/or perhaps taken out of context
    NO! 

You actually don't know what a straw man is!

Wow! Should I be surprised?
    (that's rhetorical, not at all)

A straw-man is when you make a caricature of someone's argument, which is a weakened version which you then argue against. Basically instead of dealing with the actual argument, you set up their argument as being a lesser easier to argue about version then you argue against that.

For example: 

Alice: "We believe that an asteroid from outer space collided with the earth, and this lead to the extinction of the dinosaurs and the subsequent evolution of Mammals including humans"

Bob: "Alice thinks that humans were created by an asteroid from space, but she has no evidence to suggest this is true"
    We_are_accountable

• @Happy_Killbot. Special treatment and having sex with 70 virgins is different. Thanks for the STRAW MAN argument buddy. 
    Happy_KillbotPlaffelvohfenWe_are_accountable
    @JeffreyBlankenship ;
    Special treatment and having sex with 70 virgins is different. Thanks for the STRAW MAN argument buddy. 
    If you want to get technical, then you should know that it is 72 Houri with no explicit guarantee of sex smart A$$.

Tell me, have you ever fantasized about dying for Jesus?
    Have you ever envisioned yourself in a situation where you must renounce your faith in order to save your life, then refused to do so?
    Do you sometimes think about what you would do if you had to give up your life so that Christianity can continue?

If you have done any of these, then I need not make a further argument.

• DeeDee 4788 Pts   -   edited December 2020
    Show me the anti Christian debates I keep posting up? Oh wait .....you can’t can you?

The two “patriotic Americans” @We_are_accountable and @Debater123 detest Islam but yet clap like demented seals when the US signs an arms deal with the the country that supplied the 9/11 bombers , you two guys are d-u-m-b beyond belief 

Saudi Arabia has a brutal system of Sharia law and has one of the worst human rights records on the globe any person interested in human rights would shun this regressive brutal Islamic state yet Americans like you applaud and celebrate the fact that the US has a very special relationship with the US and does business with the country that supplied those responsible for 9/11 

So when you condemn Islam you’re condemning friends of the US as the “land of the free” happily props up and supports a country that makes North Korea look like Disneyland .....You’re a two f-a-c-e-d hypocrite ......

Trump the clown said ....

"Without looking at the various polling data, it is obvious to anybody the hatred is beyond comprehension. Where this hatred comes from and why we will have to determine. Until we are able to determine and understand this problem and the dangerous threat it poses, our country cannot be the victims of horrendous attacks by people that believe only in Jihad, and have no sense of reason or respect for human life."

Trump says Muslims only believe in Jihad and what does he do ? Sign a 350 billion arms deal with them Bwaaaaaaahahahahahaha 

Wiki 

2017 United States–Saudi Arabia arms deal

Add article description

On May 20, 2017, U.S. President Trump and Saudi Arabia's Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud signed a series of letters of intent for the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to purchase arms from the United States totaling US$110 billion immediately, and $350 billion over 10 years. The intended purchases include tanks, combat ships, missile defense systems, as well as radarcommunications and cybersecurity technology. The transfer was widely seen as a counterbalance against the influence of Iran in the region and a "significant" and "historic" expansion of United States relations with Saudi Arabia.

We_are_accountable
    @Debater123 ;
    If you die a martyr you get over 70 virgins.
    If you die a martyr according to the Catholics, you get special treatment in heaven as well.

Revelation 2:10 Do not fear what you are about to suffer. Behold, the devil is about to cast some of you into prison, so that you will be tested, and you will have tribulation for ten days. Be faithful until death, and I will give you the crown of life.

Matthew 16:24-25 Then Jesus said to His disciples, “If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross and follow Me. For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it; but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it.

Keep in mind, that the entire Jesus narrative is one of martyrdom. 
    They want to believe what they believe, many religious groups don't have an end goal.
    Name one religion that doesn't have an end goal.
    A quote maliciously twisted, and/or perhaps taken out of context
    NO! 

You actually don't know what a straw man is!

Wow! Should I be surprised?
    (that's rhetorical, not at all)

A straw-man is when you make a caricature of someone's argument, which is a weakened version which you then argue against. Basically instead of dealing with the actual argument, you set up their argument as being a lesser easier to argue about version then you argue against that.

For example: 

Alice: "We believe that an asteroid from outer space collided with the earth, and this lead to the extinction of the dinosaurs and the subsequent evolution of Mammals including humans"

Bob: "Alice thinks that humans were created by an asteroid from space, but she has no evidence to suggest this is true"
    'A straw-man is when you make a caricature of someone's argument, which is a weakened version which you then argue against.' Yes, another def, I didn't do that, I didn't take any quote out of context, and in the end, I was fighting your entire argument in that post, no quotes taken out of context, I did in no way a strawman.
    'If you die a martyr according to the Catholics, you get special treatment in heaven as well.' If you die a martyr while killing innocent people, do you get over 70 virgins, in Christianity?
    'Name one religion that doesn't have an end goal.' Buddhism and perhaps Hinduism.

Dee said:
    Show me the anti Christian debates I keep posting up? Oh wait .....you can’t can you?

The two “patriotic Americans” @We_are_accountable and @Debater123 detest Islam but yet clap like demented seals when the US signs an arms deal with the the country that supplied the 9/11 bombers , you two guys are d-u-m-b beyond belief 

Saudi Arabia has a brutal system of Sharia law and has one of the worst human rights records on the globe any person interested in human rights would shun this regressive brutal Islamic state yet Americans like you applaud and celebrate the fact that the US has a very special relationship with the US and does business with the country that supplied those responsible for 9/11 

So when you condemn Islam you’re condemning friends of the US as the “land of the free” happily props up and supports a country that makes North Korea look like Disneyland .....You’re a two f-a-c-e-d hypocrite ......

Trump the clown said ....

"Without looking at the various polling data, it is obvious to anybody the hatred is beyond comprehension. Where this hatred comes from and why we will have to determine. Until we are able to determine and understand this problem and the dangerous threat it poses, our country cannot be the victims of horrendous attacks by people that believe only in Jihad, and have no sense of reason or respect for human life."

Trump says Muslims only believe in Jihad and what does he do ? Sign a 350 billion arms deal with them Bwaaaaaaahahahahahaha 

Wiki 

2017 United States–Saudi Arabia arms deal

Add article description

On May 20, 2017, U.S. President Trump and Saudi Arabia's Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud signed a series of letters of intent for the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to purchase arms from the United States totaling US$110 billion immediately, and $350 billion over 10 years. The intended purchases include tanks, combat ships, missile defense systems, as well as radarcommunications and cybersecurity technology. The transfer was widely seen as a counterbalance against the influence of Iran in the region and a "significant" and "historic" expansion of United States relations with Saudi Arabia.

Firstly we created Bin laden and gave him a lot of guns, so we are actually more responsible than the Saudis for 9/11.
    'supports a country that makes North Korea look like Disneyland' What do you mean?? North Korea makes it look like Disneyland.
    'On May 20, 2017, U.S. President Trump and Saudi Arabia's Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud signed a series of letters of intent for the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to purchase arms from the United States totaling US$110 billion immediately and $350 billion over 10 years. The intended purchases include tanks, combat ships, missile defense systems, as well as radarcommunications, and cybersecurity technology. The transfer was widely seen as a counterbalance against the influence of Iran in the region and a "significant" and "historic" expansion of United States relations with Saudi Arabia.' So what.
    'So when you condemn Islam you’re condemning friends of the US as the “land of the free”' I don't want Saudi Arabia as my friends, I don't like trump giving them guns, I can say that much, it gives us money, so it's a win-win.
    Trump is a businessman and a politician, and every US president would do the same, if a nation we don't like offers to pay us a lot of money, especially when we have a debt crisis, there isn't a problem with us selling guns to get money.

• DeeDee 4788 Pts   -  
    @Debater123

Off course that’s it wail about Islam and how brutal and primitive it is that is unless it’s giving you money then it’s perfectly fine so using your “logic” it’s doesn’t matter how bad a countries human rights record is once the US is getting money and business from the country.....that’s the American way is it? 
    Plaffelvohfen
    @Debater123 ;
    Yes, another def, I didn't do that, I didn't take any quote out of context, and in the end, I was fighting your entire argument in that post, no quotes taken out of context, I did in no way a strawman.
    Um, yes you did. You posed my argument as one I did not make. see?

You said: "for example, you drink water, and Hitler drinks water, does that mean you are responsible for the holocaust and WW2?"

in response to my argument: "As far as I am concerned the only difference between the white-trash bigots and the Muslim extremists is that one of these groups didn't have their homes systematically destroyed so that the other could enjoy low oil prices"

Straw man.
     If you die a martyr while killing innocent people, do you get over 70 virgins, in Christianity?
    You don't get 70 virgins' in Islam if you want to get technical, it is 72 Houri, and there is no explicit guarantee of sex. That is a myth.

Also, you seem to be missing the point. Sure there are semantic differences in the faiths, but there is no mechanical difference, if you know what I mean by that. The whole "72 virgins" thing is about martyrdom, which happens to also be an aspect of Christian religion.
    Buddhism and perhaps Hinduism.
    That's very ignorant of you. Why do I have to keep educating you on basics like this?

The goal of Buddhism is to fee yourself from suffering by experiencing only what is, and in doing so rejecting all bodily desires and wants. Only by freeing yourself from Dharma can you experience nirvana.

The Goal of Hinduism is similar. Hindus seek to enrich their lives in order to enter the next life in a better position IAW their karma (action), Dharma (duty), kama (desire), and artha (effort).

These religions very much have a goal.

Dee said:
    @Debater123

Off course that’s it wail about Islam and how brutal and primitive it is that is unless it’s giving you money then it’s perfectly fine so using your “logic” it’s doesn’t matter how bad a countries human rights record is once the US is getting money and business from the country.....that’s the American way is it? 
    No, but, we as the US should be opportunistic, we should not wave up an opportunity of profit simply because we do not like the people buying it.
    @Debater123 ;
    Yes, another def, I didn't do that, I didn't take any quote out of context, and in the end, I was fighting your entire argument in that post, no quotes taken out of context, I did in no way a strawman.
    Um, yes you did. You posed my argument as one I did not make. see?

You said: "for example, you drink water, and Hitler drinks water, does that mean you are responsible for the holocaust and WW2?"

in response to my argument: "As far as I am concerned the only difference between the white-trash bigots and the Muslim extremists is that one of these groups didn't have their homes systematically destroyed so that the other could enjoy low oil prices"

Straw man.
     If you die a martyr while killing innocent people, do you get over 70 virgins, in Christianity?
    You don't get 70 virgins' in Islam if you want to get technical, it is 72 Houri, and there is no explicit guarantee of sex. That is a myth.

Also, you seem to be missing the point. Sure there are semantic differences in the faiths, but there is no mechanical difference, if you know what I mean by that. The whole "72 virgins" thing is about martyrdom, which happens to also be an aspect of Christian religion.
    Buddhism and perhaps Hinduism.
    That's very ignorant of you. Why do I have to keep educating you on basics like this?

The goal of Buddhism is to fee yourself from suffering by experiencing only what is, and in doing so rejecting all bodily desires and wants. Only by freeing yourself from Dharma can you experience nirvana.

The Goal of Hinduism is similar. Hindus seek to enrich their lives in order to enter the next life in a better position IAW their karma (action), Dharma (duty), kama (desire), and artha (effort).

These religions very much have a goal.
    'The goal of Buddhism is to free yourself from suffering by experiencing only what is, and in doing so rejecting all bodily desires and wants. Only by freeing yourself from Dharma can you experience nirvana.' That is an end goal for you, not the religion, the religion isn't meant to end.
    'Um, yes you did. You posed my argument as one I did not make. see?' I didn't, I literally copied and pasted your sentence, no strawmanning.
    'Also, you seem to be missing the point. Sure there are semantic differences in the faiths, but there is no mechanical difference if you know what I mean by that. The whole "72 virgins" thing is about martyrdom, which happens to also be an aspect of the Christian religion.' So you at least agree, there are differences between the 2 religions?
    We_are_accountableHappy_Killbot
  • DeeDee 4788 Pts   -  
    @Debater123

No, but, we as the US should be opportunistic

Are you r-e-t-a-r -d- e-d you’re denying it’s not perfectly fine  and then saying it is by using the term “opportunistic “ every post you make you contradict yourself 

, we should not wave up an opportunity of profit simply because we do not like the people buying it.

Yes indeed that’s the American way moan and wail about countries with dreadful human rights records but do business with them what a shower of hypocrites 

Debater123
  • @AlofRI

As always, you are one of the biggest fake news debaters on this site. You think Christianity is equally dangerous to Islam? ROFLOL, are you playing games? No one could possibly that mindless.

As always, you spew your anti Christian Leftwing rhetoric with NO FACTS to back it up. Tell me about women and children being killed in the name of Christianity.
    I must have missed where the terrorists are screaming Jesus Christi just before they kill someone. I do remember hearing Allahu Akbar being screamed most times.

Don't bother responding to me because this is the only response you will get. It's impossible to debate anti Christian haters. It would be like debating KKK members.

IGNORE
    AlofRIHappy_Killbot
    @Debater123 ;
    That is an end goal for you, not the religion, the religion isn't meant to end.
    No, that is the end goal for people in the religion, the same way heaven is an end goal for Christians and Muslims. You need a better example.
     I didn't, I literally copied and pasted your sentence, no strawmanning.
    The copy/paste isn't the strawman, we just talked about this. Your response is.
    So you at least agree, there are differences between the 2 religions?
    There are none that matter. They are the same in every mechanical regard.
    We_are_accountableDebater123

@Debater123 ;
    That is an end goal for you, not the religion, the religion isn't meant to end.
    No, that is the end goal for people in the religion, the same way heaven is an end goal for Christians and Muslims. You need a better example.
     I didn't, I literally copied and pasted your sentence, no strawmanning.
    The copy/paste isn't the strawman, we just talked about this. Your response is.
    So you at least agree, there are differences between the 2 religions?
    There are none that matter. They are the same in every mechanical regard.
    'No, that is the end goal for people in the religion, the same way heaven is an end goal for Christians and Muslims. You need a better example.' Then we were talking about different things.

'The copy/paste isn't the strawman, we just talked about this. Your response is.' My response was not twisting your words.

'There are none that matter. They are the same in every mechanical regard.' Nah.
    @Debater123 ;
    Then we were talking about different things.
    Then you failed to follow, and my point still stands. All religions have an end goal.
    My response was not twisting your words.
    Twisting words =/= straw man. I litterally just explained to you why you are wrong.
    Nah.
    Yet you fail to provide a single example!

I'm getting tired of your DENY-DENY-DENY debate style. You have nothing, you provide nothing, and you constantly obfuscate. You are incredibly disingenuous, nothing has made me more sure of my positions than dealing with you.
    We_are_accountableDebater123

@Debater123 ;
    Then we were talking about different things.
    Then you failed to follow, and my point still stands. All religions have an end goal.
    My response was not twisting your words.
    Twisting words =/= straw man. I litterally just explained to you why you are wrong.
    Nah.
    Yet you fail to provide a single example!

I'm getting tired of your DENY-DENY-DENY debate style. You have nothing, you provide nothing, and you constantly obfuscate. You are incredibly disingenuous, nothing has made me more sure of my positions than dealing with you.
    'Then you failed to follow, and my point still stands. All religions have an end goal.' The same for me.

'Twisting words =/= straw man. I literally just explained to you why you are wrong.' No, you didn't, I didn't twist your words or make a strawman, I attacked your argument for what it is.

'Yet you fail to provide a single example!' You didn't ask for one, but now I will give one since you asked:
    Islam denies incarnation (i.e., Jesus Christ was God in human flesh: a single person with both a divine and human nature). In contrast, Muslims assert that Jesus was a mere human being.
    Is that good enough for you?
    'I'm getting tired of your DENY-DENY-DENY debate style.' When the person is making a claim, they have to prove it, until they do, I shall deny it. 'nothing has made me more sure of my positions than dealing with you.' It just proves your mind can't be changed, facts and reasons against your viewpoints just make a deeper and deeper hole for you, that is the sad truth for someone who is stuck in a hole, and in that hole, their mind cannot be changed.
    Happy_Killbot
    @Debater123 ;
    No, you didn't, I didn't twist your words or make a strawman, I attacked your argument for what it is.
    Then let's revisit what actually happened, shall we?

I said: "As far as I am concerned the only difference between the white-trash bigots and the Muslim extremists is that one of these groups didn't have their homes systematically destroyed so that the other could enjoy low oil prices"

You responded: " the fact that some Christians attacked Muslims for oil doesn't represent the religion, for example, you drink water, and Hitler drinks water, does that mean you are responsible for the holocaust and WW2? No of course not."

That's a straw man, because you are misrepresenting my argument by arguing against one that I didn't make.
    You didn't ask for one, but now I will give one since you asked:
    Umm, yeah, I did. From above:

You said: "It is the teachings, principles, and beliefs that make the difference."

And I said: "Name one. Seriously. Just one."

Islam denies incarnation (i.e., Jesus Christ was God in human flesh: a single person with both a divine and human nature). In contrast, Muslims assert that Jesus was a mere human being.
    But, Islam has Muhammad, who serves the same purpose as Jesus. So, this is not a difference in teaching and belief, just a replacement of one man for another.
    When the person is making a claim, they have to prove it, until they do, I shall deny it.
    Like your god-beliefs? LOL!
    It just proves your mind can't be changed, facts and reasons against your viewpoints just make a deeper and deeper hole for you, that is the sad truth for someone who is stuck in a shell, and in that shell, their mind cannot be changed.
    You don't provide facts though, you just deny, and when confronted with facts that do contradict your opinion, you just deny harder.

You constantly obfuscate and reject facts and evidence, and thus far you have only admitted you were wrong once.

In this thread, you don't know what a straw-man argument is. In another thread, you reject that fascism is far-right. In yet another thread, you fail to accept that sea-lions rape penguins, and in that same thread you said wrongly that lesbians have the highest rate of domestic violence when the evidence shows the opposite to be true, the single time you admitted you were wrong.

If you want to know who is in a shell, look in a mirror. I used to be a libertarian, but I can't hold that position anymore. In fact, I find it increasingly less possible to accept conservatism as a whole, and can even make a strong argument that this will be the downfall of our (any really) technological society.

@Debater123 ;
    No, you didn't, I didn't twist your words or make a strawman, I attacked your argument for what it is.
    Then let's revisit what actually happened, shall we?

I said: "As far as I am concerned the only difference between the white-trash bigots and the Muslim extremists is that one of these groups didn't have their homes systematically destroyed so that the other could enjoy low oil prices"

You responded: " the fact that some Christians attacked Muslims for oil doesn't represent the religion, for example, you drink water, and Hitler drinks water, does that mean you are responsible for the holocaust and WW2? No of course not."

That's a straw man, because you are misrepresenting my argument by arguing against one that I didn't make.
    You didn't ask for one, but now I will give one since you asked:
    Umm, yeah, I did. From above:

You said: "It is the teachings, principles, and beliefs that make the difference."

And I said: "Name one. Seriously. Just one."

But, Islam has Muhammad, who serves the same purpose as Jesus. So, this is not a difference in teaching and belief, just a replacement of one man for another.
    When the person is making a claim, they have to prove it, until they do, I shall deny it.
    Like your god-beliefs? LOL!
    It just proves your mind can't be changed, facts and reasons against your viewpoints just make a deeper and deeper hole for you, that is the sad truth for someone who is stuck in a shell, and in that shell, their mind cannot be changed.
    You don't provide facts though, you just deny, and when confronted with facts that do contradict your opinion, you just deny harder.

You constantly obfuscate and reject facts and evidence, and thus far you have only admitted you were wrong once.

In this thread, you don't know what a straw-man argument is. In another thread, you reject that fascism is far-right. In yet another thread, you fail to accept that sea-lions rape penguins, and in that same thread you said wrongly that lesbians have the highest rate of domestic violence when the evidence shows the opposite to be true, the single time you admitted you were wrong.

If you want to know who is in a shell, look in a mirror. I used to be a libertarian, but I can't hold that position anymore. In fact, I find it increasingly less possible to accept conservatism as a whole, and can even make a strong argument that this will be the downfall of our (any really) technological society.
    'because you are misrepresenting my argument by arguing against one that I didn't make.' Then reclarify your argument.

'But, Islam has Muhammad, who serves the same purpose as Jesus.' He is not considered the son of God, also, if you want a difference in teaching, I shall give you one, Muslims pray 5 times a day, Christians do not.

'Like your god-beliefs? LOL!' There is much evidence for the existence of God.

'You don't provide facts though, you just deny' I have before, in fact, one time I provided two sources on police brutality and you XD.

'and thus far you have only admitted you were wrong once.' Because I was objectively wrong only once.

'In this thread, you don't know what a straw-man argument is.' I didn't strawman anything, I'm open to you clarifying your argument and from there was can discuss, if I was really straw-manning I wouldn't be doing this, now would I?
    'conservatism' Conservatism isn't unique to libertarianism... everyone is conservative in one way or another...

'In another thread, you reject that fascism is far-right.' Because the evidence suggests otherwise, I used to hold a similar opinion.

'you fail to accept that sea-lions rape penguins.' Yes, I can.

'and in that same thread, you said wrongly that lesbians have the highest rate of domestic violence when the evidence shows the opposite to be true, the single time you admitted you were wrong.' Because there I was wrong, I can admit to being wrong.
    @Debater123 ;
    Then reclarify your argument.
    Why should I do that? Clearly if you didn't care about it the first time, why should I trust you to care about it the 2nd time?

I'm more or less at the point where I'm just going to start making fun of you since I don't think I can take you seriously anymore.
    He is not considered the son of God, also, if you want a difference in teaching, I shall give you one, Muslims pray 5 times a day, Christians do not.
    Again, this is simply a cultural difference. Christians are told they should pray constantly and for everything, but this doesn't produce any difference in fundamentalism.
    There is much evidence for the existence of God.
    There is much any evidence for the existence of God.
    I have before, in fact, one time I provided two sources on police brutality and you XD.
    Where? You don't tag people in debates (the @ at the top by your username) So most likely I never saw your response.

BTW, not tagging is rude.
    Because I was objectively wrong only once.
    Sealions & penguins, Fascism, what a straw-man is. You are still objectively wrong about all of these things.
    I didn't strawman anything, I'm open to you clarifying your argument and from there was can discuss, if I was really straw-manning I wouldn't be doing this, now would I?
    If you didn't straw man my argument, you wouldn't need to ask for clarification, now would you?
    Conservatism isn't unique to libertarianism... everyone is conservative in one way or another...
    I disagree. Political conservatism is becoming increasingly more unthinkable as our society changes. Also, there are lots of people who aren't conservatives. You might say there is an entire party focused around that fact.
    Because the evidence suggests otherwise, I used to hold a similar opinion.
    Yet you must reject all the evidence which proves you wrong.
    Yes, I can.
    But you didn't, you said: "They ain't going at it bud"
    Because there I was wrong, I can admit to being wrong.
    Then admit you are wrong about all the other things that you are wrong about.  :/  

@Debater123 ;
    Then reclarify your argument.
    Why should I do that? Clearly if you didn't care about it the first time, why should I trust you to care about it the 2nd time?

I'm more or less at the point where I'm just going to start making fun of you since I don't think I can take you seriously anymore.
    He is not considered the son of God, also, if you want a difference in teaching, I shall give you one, Muslims pray 5 times a day, Christians do not.
    Again, this is simply a cultural difference. Christians are told they should pray constantly and for everything, but this doesn't produce any difference in fundamentalism.
    There is much evidence for the existence of God.
    There is much any evidence for the existence of God.
    I have before, in fact, one time I provided two sources on police brutality and you XD.
    Where? You don't tag people in debates (the @ at the top by your username) So most likely I never saw your response.

BTW, not tagging is rude.
    Because I was objectively wrong only once.
    Sealions & penguins, Fascism, what a straw-man is. You are still objectively wrong about all of these things.
    I didn't strawman anything, I'm open to you clarifying your argument and from there was can discuss, if I was really straw-manning I wouldn't be doing this, now would I?
    If you didn't straw man my argument, you wouldn't need to ask for clarification, now would you?
    Conservatism isn't unique to libertarianism... everyone is conservative in one way or another...
    I disagree. Political conservatism is becoming increasingly more unthinkable as our society changes. Also, there are lots of people who aren't conservatives. You might say there is an entire party focused around that fact.
    Because the evidence suggests otherwise, I used to hold a similar opinion.
    Yet you must reject all the evidence which proves you wrong.
    Yes, I can.
    But you didn't, you said: "They ain't going at it bud"
    Because there I was wrong, I can admit to being wrong.
    Then admit you are wrong about all the other things that you are wrong about.  :/  
    'Why should I do that? Clearly, if you didn't care about it the first time, why should I trust you to care about it the 2nd time?' Because I vocally expressed so.

'Again, this is simply a cultural difference. Christians are told they should pray constantly and for everything, but this doesn't produce any difference in fundamentalism.'
    Here are their practices:
    Christianity:
    Prayer, sacraments (some branches), worship in church, reading of the Bible, acts of charity, communion.
    Islam:
    Five pillars: Testament that there is one God and Muhammad is his messenger (shahadah); prayer five times daily; fast during Ramadan; charity to the poor (zakat); pilgrimage (Hajj).

'I disagree. Political conservatism is becoming increasingly more unthinkable as our society changes. Also, there are lots of people who aren't conservatives. You might say there is an entire party focused around that fact.' You have no idea what conservatism in politics is then! sighs this hurts my brain you know, conservatism as an ideology is the belief of enforcing your values through laws, therefore everyone is conservative, it just matters how much, conservatism in-laws are simply not changing your laws or changing them not very much since if you have something that works, don't change it.

'Where? You don't tag people in debates (the @ at the top by your username) So most likely I never saw your response.

BTW, not tagging is rude.' I tagged you! What do you mean!

'Sealions & penguins, Fascism, what a straw-man is. You are still objectively wrong about all of these things.' The facts on fascism are still on my side, in the end, you just resorted to insults so it showed your argument was straining.

'If you didn't straw man my argument, you wouldn't need to ask for clarification, now would you?' I believe I didn't straw man, but I am hoping in avenging my wrongdoings in your eyes by asking you this.

'Yet you must reject all the evidence which proves you wrong.' I believe the same goes for you KillBot, not me, if you try to continue this little bicker I'm not going to respond since we are both essentially doing ad hominem attacks, you saying I know nothing essentially, and me saying that the something goes for you, essentially.

'But you didn't, you said: "They ain't going at it bud"' I said they ain't doing the deed bud since all I saw was a sea lion on a penguin, nothing sexual, it seems we have different mindsets in this regard.

'Then admit you are wrong about all the other things that you are wrong about.  :/  ' I am wrong in all things I think I am wrong in, and objectively wrong in, there, are you happy?
    @Debater123 ;
     Because I vocally expressed so.
    And what makes you so special?

You are so full of yourself.

F*** off.

Also, you really need to learn how to tag people, you didn't even do it in this post. Literally, all you need to do is hit the "reply" button. That's it. Hitting "quote" doesn't tag the other user.
    Debater123

• Happy_KillbotHappy_Killbot 5331 Pts   -   edited December 2020
    [duplicate]

@Debater123 ;
     Because I vocally expressed so.
    And what makes you so special?

You are so full of yourself.

F*** off.

Also, you really need to learn how to tag people, you didn't even do it in this post. Literally, all you need to do is hit the "reply" button. That's it. Hitting "quote" doesn't tag the other user.
    'Also, you really need to learn how to tag people, you didn't even do it in this post. Literally, all you need to do is hit the "reply" button. That's it. Hitting "quote" doesn't tag the other user.' Ah, that's how the system works? Okay, thank you for teaching me something today.

'And what makes you so special?' All individuals are special

'F*** off.' Laughs you should put that at the bottom as one of your quotes, along with 'F*** you sir.'! :joy:

Happy_Killbot
  • Cringe_TrainCringe_Train 251 Pts   -  
    @We_are_accountable

Because Muslims know when to shut the feck up and be polite
    We_are_accountable
  • @Cringe_Train

Yeh, they know when to as their radical Islam supporters are bombing innocent women and children. There were no marches and outrage from Muslims in New York city when Trade Centers were destroyed.
  • anarchist100anarchist100 680 Pts   -  
    Now for those who look at the facts, and actually follow the news, it is obvious that the religion of Islam is the feeding grounds for Terrorism. Yes, we all know that there are some moderate Muslims who denounce terrorism and hate how their religion has been interpreted to justify killing non believers. We also know that few of these so called moderate Muslims took to the streets to denounce the Trade Center attack.

To read the hate on this site from these anti Christian Bigots, you would think that Christians are an evil authoritarian bunch of people, killing and maiming the non believers, hating anyone who does not embrace the Christian faith.

Again, anyone who knows the facts of what Christianity stands for, and knows the facts of what Christian Churhces are involved with, would know that they spend most of their time helping others, feeding starving kids around the world, helping pregnant women with the costs and stress of bringing that new life into the world through Crisis Pregnancy centers, etc.
    These things are done through voluntary charity from these supposed evil Christians.

Something does not jibe here. Why is it that the Left gives Islam a free ride, ignoring all the evil perpetrated by terrorists in the name of Islam, etc., and treat Christians like hateful judgmental monsters. The facts just simply do not add up. You will notice that these deceivers will almost always bring up fringe groups like Westboro Baptist Church, to try and paint all Christians in the same light. The Left can not push their bigoted hate against Christians without these  cherry picked distortions of the truth.

So what are we to take from this phenomenon? My take on this seemingly irrational reaction from the Left, is that Christianity is the one true faith, and therefore something for non believing bigots to fear. They do not fear false religions even though they are blowing up women and children.

The goal of people on the Left is transforming America, and have admitted so! To transform America, built on a Christian heritage of religious freedom, they must first demonize that core foundation. They must make you believe that America's greatness was not a result of our Christian heritage, but rather a hindrance to it. They even try to make you believe that there is no such thing as an American Christian heritage. Never mind that we had a Bible in every hotel room, the Ten Commandments on our court room walls, a prayer at the beginning of every Congressional session, etc. etc.
    Never mind the facts because bigots do not deal in facts. They are deceivers!

If you look at the volume of anti Christian debates, you will notice they are most times created by those on the Left. Ask yourself why the Left constantly ridicules decent loving compassionate people. Ask yourself why they want to force Companies to hire LGBT people on the Board of directors, but not Christians. Do you see their focus and goals for America. They are lifting up the very groups who hate Christianity the most.
    Christians do not hate Gays, and are not Homophobic. Christians want to stop this attack on our religious freedoms by activist LGBT groups. We do not want to be forced into the board rooms. We believe in freedom for all people no matter what you believe.
    That's it!
    Because Islam is a tiny powerless religion in America, it's followers making up a mere 1.1% of the population, while over half the population (65%) and nearly all the politicians are Christians.
    OakTownA
  • JoeKerrJoeKerr 286 Pts   -  
    @Debater123 said, "There is much evidence for the existence of God."
    OK then, give it your best shot.  I'm sure I'm not the only one who would like to hear this evidence.

• MayCaesarMayCaesar 4713 Pts   -   edited September 15
    The OP's interpretation is strange indeed (as always): the fact that a certain subset of people is biased against a particular ideology, coupled with the poor qualitative assessment of those people, does not make that ideology "true". The fact that Nazis hated communists, coupled with the assertion that communists are largely despicable people (and they absolutely are), does not make National-Socialism the most true of all ideologies.

Christianity and Islam are both childish fantasies that adults created and end embedded in totalitarian frameworks. Islam may be a little worse at its foundation than Christianity, but Christianity is ridiculous and malicious enough nonetheless. It is fair to ask while Muslims get preferential treatment from the "left"-leaning people (my own explanation of it is that "left"-leaning people tend to have a bias towards underdogs and against the powerful and successful, and the Islamic world certainly lost the competition - horribly so - to the Christian world centuries ago and never recovered from the resulting disparity), but to conclude based on that that there is something inherently true and good about Christianity is illogical.

I think that, at this point of civilizational evolution, saying "I am religious" should be taken by people with as much salt as saying "I am a heroin addict", or "I am an alcoholic", or "I am ignorant", or "I am brainwashed". At best, the reaction should be that of compassion: "I am truly sorry, it must be hard for you to live with such a handicap". At worst, it should be that of contempt.
    Same goes for people saying "I am a nationalist", or "I am a socialist", or "I am a postmodernist". When you follow a ridiculous ideology and epistemology, then it should be called out; the reaction should not just be, "Oh, well, let us agree to disagree". We can agree to disagree on whether oatmeal makes for a better breakfast than cereal; one does not agree to disagree on whether belief in angels flying around and worrying about humans' well-being is valid or not.
  • jackjack 45 Pts   -   edited September 15

Hello W:

I didn't know religiosity had a political preference..

But, assuming it does, it's because left wing people tend to be educated.. Ergo, educated people tend to see the world as it IS, whereas uneducated people tend to believe what they're TOLD..

excon
  • BoganBogan 195 Pts   -  
    I think that the reason why the Left hate christianity is for two reasons.    first, leftism has all the hallmarks of a religion itself, and we all know how religions despise each other, as they all compete for followes from peoplem with identical mindsets.     Second, there is no doubt in my mind that modern protestant Christianity with it's tolerance and emphasis upon sublimating self interest for the common good, is the reason why so many protestant christian countries are the least corrupt and the best places to live in the world.     The Left wants it's devotees to think that the virtues of western civilisation were ll the inventions of the Left, not Christianity.
  • OakTownAOakTownA 366 Pts   -  
    "Second, there is no doubt in my mind that modern protestant Christianity with it's tolerance and emphasis upon sublimating self interest for the common good"
    You do realize that what you just wrote here is a progressive ideal, and the foundation of socialism, right?

I think Jesus, if he existed, preached good ideas, like helping your fellow persons, and treating them as equals. It would be nice to see Conservative Christians to get out of the Old Testament, and start actually following Jesus. However, Christianity did not create all of the freedoms we experience today, like the freedom of religion.
  • BoganBogan 195 Pts   -  
     @OakTownA

I could reply that "progressive socialism" (a contradiction in terms) is a product of Christianity, not the other way around.

I am not comfortable espousing theology because I am an atheist and do not follow any scriptures.     But as a kid I had it rammed down my throat, so I think I have a bit of an idea of Christian theology.   
     I think that the concept of equality came from the Christian ideal that everyone was one of God's creatures.    As for the concept of freedom of religion, I think it was based upon the parable of the Good Samaritan.     The prophet Jesus used this parable to explain that just because somebody is of a different faith, they could still be good people.      Christian churches can be very intolerant of other faiths anyway, but the underlying concept of religious equality is still present, because of the sayings of the man Jesus Christ.    Protestant ministers got into a lot of trouble with their own churches in the 19th century when they began to claim that individual Christians should search for the Truth in their own way in the Bible, not just be content to mirror what their church leaders "interpretations" of the scriptures meant.     The man Jesus Christ was a Jewish pacifist even though the Christian world is not pacific.     Christians can be just as violent as anyone.       But the idea that ideally people should not be violent (blessed are the peacemakers) is, as Winston Churchill explained, a significant reason why Christian societies are internally at least, very peaceful and law abiding. 
  • jackjack 45 Pts   -  

Hello W:

Yes..  Jesus speaks:

excon