frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Lets stop identity politics

Debate Information

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character."

"when we allow freedom ring, when we let it ring from every village and every hamlet, from every state and every city, we will be able to speed up that day when all of God's children, black men and white men, Jews and Gentiles, Protestants and Catholics, will be able to join hands and sing in the words of the old Negro spiritual: Free at last. Free at last. Thank God almighty, we are free at last."

Quote from Martin Luther King Jr's iconic 'I had a dream speech'

I pulled these lines from his speech because they are the ones that are being ignored the most.  With this popularity of identity politics.

What I guess I am trying to say is fight non violently (I really hate the fact that I have to primace that but these days it has to be) as MLJ also so pointed out in his speech and let your voices be heard but not because a blakman was unjustly killed by a cop but because a man was unjustly killed by a bad cop. 

Let your voices be heard that racist officers and racisim against any color, religion or creed will no longer be tolerated. 

Let it be heard that all men and women have  this right the right to life, liberty and the prusuit of happiness. 
As the founders so elequently stated “We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.”  

Let this be heard that we have protections under the first admendment that should never be impeaded on.  These rights are what keep us a free society and why I beliveve were placed as the 1st admendment.  This means

Let it be heard that everyone one has these rights.  Especially the right to speech. Whether you agree what that person has to say or not.  We only errorde this freedom by trying to block them from saying it.

Lets get rid of identity politics and be heard on the subjects the majority can get on board with and come together on movements that need change

We all realize and majority agree that there were many wrongs and atrosities that happened throughout history.  I challenge you you find a society that doesn't have it's dark history.

So that being addressed and accepted lets focus on what is important.  What is happening now.  The changes that still need to be made.
xlJ_dolphin_473thegodemperor

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
Tie
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments