frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Intelligent Design, Evolution, and the Origin of Life

Debate Information

I believe the best explanation to describe the origin of life is intelligent design. There are no current theories without holes, major unanswered questions, or big leaps of faith. That's not to say intelligent has a mountain of scientific evidence behind it. It doesn't. But the more I study the more I find intelligent design seems far more likely than any theories of abiogenesis. 

Furthermore, the theory of evolution is not compelling given the holes, contradictions, and more convincing theories in development. A growing consensus among credentialed scientists across a range of relevant disciplines and beyond. 

I have a background in physics and mathematics formally. I've been studying these and other topics for years as a hobby. Just to set the stage of my background a little. 

I'm not looking for a formal debate but rather a rational discussion about either of these topics. I find other views and critiques to my views to be valuable in the search to understand these things. And these conversations when rational and about the topics, can be quite enjoyable. 

While a Christian, I dont see the need to invoke the Bible for this discussion. I'd prefer to keep the discussion scientific, but am happy to discuss theological topics. 
Happy_KillbotSwolliwStarlord616DeexlJ_dolphin_473SandThor

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
Tie
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments