Should Trump be Removed from Office or be Allowed to Finish the Last Twelve Days of his Presidency? - The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com - Debate Anything The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is a globally leading online debate platform that is transforming the online debating experience. DebateIsland enables anyone to civilly debate online, casually or formally, with five fun debating formats: Casual, "Persuade Me," Formalish, Traditional Formal, and Lincoln-Douglas. With DebateIsland's beautiful, mobile-friendly, and easy-to-use, online debate website, users can debate politics, debate science, debate technology, debate news, and just about anything else in a large community of debaters. Debate online for free while improving your debating skills with the help of Artifical Intelligence on DebateIsland.

DebateIsland.com is the best online debate website. We're the only online debate website with Casual, "Persuade Me," Formalish, Traditional Formal, and Lincoln-Douglas online debate formats. Using DebateIsland's beautiful, mobile-friendly, and easy-to-use online debate website, you can debate politics, debate popular topics, debate news, or debate anything in a large community of debaters. Debate online for free using DebateIsland, a globally leading online debate website that is utilizing Artificial Intelligence to transform online debating.

Should Trump be Removed from Office or be Allowed to Finish the Last Twelve Days of his Presidency?

Debate Information

After this wild raid that has been hosted by the one and only Donald Trump occurred, what do you think about him staying in office? 

Personally, Donald Trump shouldn't still be in presidency but he only has 12 more days left. However, you can do some pretty bad things in that time range. I think they should just fully cut Donald Trump out, because after all he can still do some pretty bad stuff. Let me know what you all think! 

Sincerely,

uhmsophie
  1. Live Poll

Should Trump be Removed from Office or be Allowed to Finish the Last Twelve Days of his Presidency?

12 votes
    1. He should be removed.
      50.00%
    2. He shouldn't be removed.
      41.67%
    3. He should have some of his days removed.
        0.00%
    4. He should stay, and also have another 4 year term.
        8.33%
    5. Other/Different Answer
        0.00%

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Arguments

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• DeeDee 3307 Pts   -  
    He should be behind bars his actions were criminal 
    uhmsophiePlaffelvohfenTreeManDebater123xlJ_dolphin_473AlofRI
  • PlaffelvohfenPlaffelvohfen 2140 Pts   -  
    Letting him stay in office would be condoning his insurrection calls... If the Republic is to survive, this cannot be...
    DeeTreeManuhmsophieAlofRI
    " Adversus absurdum, contumaciter ac ridens! "
  • Debater123Debater123 272 Pts   -  
    There is no legal reason to ban him, he didn't encourage his supporters to attack the capital, nothing of the sort, in fact, he condemned it during and after
    AlofRIPlaffelvohfenDee
  • Happy_KillbotHappy_Killbot 3849 Pts   -  
    @Debater123 ;
    There is no legal reason to ban him, he didn't encourage his supporters to attack the capital, nothing of the sort, in fact, he condemned it during and after
    His supporters showed up and kind of ruined things, and he did nothing to stop them until after people were dead.

Perhaps you could argue that he is no solely responsible. Perhaps you could argue that it wasn't his idea, or that it wasn't him who did any of the logistics or organization.

But you can't argue that he has no responsibility whatsoever, because he does and that is unacceptable.

PlaffelvohfenDee
    At some point in the distant past, the universe went through a phase of cosmic inflation,
    Stars formed, planets coalesced, and on at least one of them life took root.
    Through a long process of evolution this life 
    developed into the human race.
    Humans conquered fire, built complex societies and advanced technology .

All of that so we can argue about nothing.
  • uhmsophieuhmsophie 18 Pts   -  
    If there is no legal reason to ban him, then how come there is the word "pardoning" being brought up with Donald Trump? Could he feel the need that what he did was a federal crime and he should try to pardon himself? If he truly didn't do anything legally wrong, then why is this word even being brought up around social media. 

Source:
    https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/07/us/politics/trump-self-pardon.html

Sincerely, 

uhmsophie
    Happy_KillbotDebater123AlofRIPlaffelvohfen
  • uhmsophieuhmsophie 18 Pts   -   edited January 12
    Accidentally, duplicated a comment. Oops! 
    Debater123AlofRIPlaffelvohfen
  • Debater123Debater123 272 Pts   -  
    @Debater123 ;
    His supporters showed up and kind of ruined things, and he did nothing to stop them until after people were dead.

Perhaps you could argue that he is no solely responsible. Perhaps you could argue that it wasn't his idea, or that it wasn't him who did any of the logistics or organization.

But you can't argue that he has no responsibility whatsoever, because he does and that is unacceptable.

'and he did nothing to stop them until after people were dead.' He literally sent out a video telling the rioters to stop during the storming.

'But you can't argue that he has no responsibility whatsoever because he does and that is unacceptable.' How much responsibility was there?
    PlaffelvohfenAlofRI
  • Happy_KillbotHappy_Killbot 3849 Pts   -  
    @Debater123 ;
    He literally sent out a video telling the rioters to stop during the storming.
    Note that he insists that the election is fake seconds into that same video. Some of his tweets also justified the mob's behavior, a mob that was there to overthrow the election and probably kill and torture congressmen.
    How much responsibility was there?
    First off, he did plan this protest so at the least that is his doing, and he did encourage as many of his supporters to be there. By this point, they were already wound up by him over the last couple of months by Trump's "The election was fake" rhetoric, various court cases, and other social media conspiracies. 

Trump is not innocent here.
    PlaffelvohfenAlofRI
    At some point in the distant past, the universe went through a phase of cosmic inflation,
    Stars formed, planets coalesced, and on at least one of them life took root.
    Through a long process of evolution this life 
    developed into the human race.
    Humans conquered fire, built complex societies and advanced technology .

All of that so we can argue about nothing.
  • Donald Trump condemned the violence. He never encouraged it either. I find It so weird why people would want him out, he literally has a week left, like guys just calm down.
    AlofRIPlaffelvohfen
  • AlofRIAlofRI 1219 Pts   -  
    Donald Trump condemned the violence. He never encouraged it either. I find It so weird why people would want him out, he literally has a week left, like guys just calm down.
    Hmm. Will you answer this question HONESTLY?? What if it had been Obama or either of the Clintons doing what he did before and after the fact??  What if they had lied to U.S. 26000 times! HONESTLY NOW!

Trump should be eliminated from the political scene AND the country he tried to subvert! I think he'll find little he can do in most countries as far as business in the future. I think the Trump BRAND is heading for elimination, also.
    Plaffelvohfen
  • @AlofRI. It's not about political sides.
    PlaffelvohfenAlofRI
  • PlaffelvohfenPlaffelvohfen 2140 Pts   -  
    @JeffreyBlankenship

You're right, it's treasonous and criminal conduct we're talking about...  Saying there's no need to remove Trump (and others) from their position would be like saying there was no need to prosecute high-ranking Nazi "because" they lost the war and thus should not have been bothered after Germany capitulation... It's asinine...
    AlofRI
  • all4acttall4actt 174 Pts   -  
    Trump 's speach was inflammatory but did not call for violence.  Infact he called for his supporter to "peacefully and patriotically make their voices heard outside the capital building"

His call for a stop to the violence wasn't great either considering he was reiterating the 'fraudulent voter' conspiracy theory without proof of such.

Come on we all know there is some voter fraud going on during elections but Trump's team has yet to show any proof of fraud to the degree that it would have overturned the election results.

So, if you consider Trump responsible for the riot because you feel the inflammatory nature of his speech was the main cause of the riot do you also hold politician responsible for event, such as seen in Portland, where the crimes and continued riotous behavior was seemingly supported by the politicians?  Afterall, it was only allowed to continue because the politicians made comments like "Summer of love" and held law enforcement back from doing what they need to end it.  

I think this impeachment is a completely a political show.  He will be out of office long before they can even complete the process.  People say 'well, it will stop him from running for office again'.  I don't really think anybody should worry about him being reelected to the presidency again.  I think he did enough damage to himself to prevent that ever happening again.  I think the only ones that need fear him are Republicans.  If he was to try and run in 2024 I suspect it would not be as a Republican but as a third party resulting in such a drain from the Republican vote as to virtually assure a Republican loss.

Plaffelvohfen
  • PlaffelvohfenPlaffelvohfen 2140 Pts   -   edited January 12
    @all4actt

You incorrectly assume that Trump actually needed to say Charge, Attack or something similarly direct, for his speech to be considered incitement, it's not...

Inflammatory speech, from a man with the weight of his position, in front of an irrational crowd, which he groomed with lies about election fraud for a year, AND STILL DOES, is without any possible doubt, guilty of incitement... All his discourse implicated the "survival of the country", the "need to show force", always raising the threat of "losing your country forever", then his call to "march to the Capitol"... This is an appeal to a dangerous kind of emotions, and when it's based on demonstrable lies like now, it's absolutely criminal...  

You should read about Germany's history, specifically the 6-7 years before the morning of November 10th 1938... If, after reading about this period, you still don't understand how Trumpism is fundamentally dangerous, then I pity you...
  • @uhmsophie

It's truly sick we have so many people brainwashed by all the Leftwing biased news and the obstructionist Democrat Party.

What has Trump done to deserve being impeached? NOTHING!

He along with millions of voters believe ths election was stolen from him, not because of enough fraudulent votes to make a difference, but because of the biased Media's coup against him. Other than Fox news, they all conspired to censor any news stories that would have hurt Joe Biden. Twitter deliberately blockedthe account of New York Post's story on Hunter Biden's laptop and the information tying Joe Biden to Chinese business interests. Interests that Joe Biden totally denied having anything to do with. Tony Bobulinski was a first hand partner and witness in these Chinese business dealings, and testified on national TV to the truth of the scandal.

Twitter told the world that this story was Russia disinformation, and rumors, etc. with no bases in fact. THE FACTS ARE that the FBI had been investigating this very story for TWO YEARS, and there is truth to it!

Election officials in many States changed their election laws concerning flooding cities with mail in ballots that were not requested by the voter,  and without the Legislature's approval which by law they had to do.

These are the two reasons this election was stolen from him but the courts refused to address these issues. No Judge wanted to open this can of worms and over throw an election. Why would Trump be impeached for telling the truth of so many corrupt election issues? It is unbelievable when 99% of our free press is in bed with the Democrat Party. Every American should be screaming.

HE NEVER TOLD PEOPLE TO STORM THE WHITE HOUSE! That is yet one of a million lies by fake news and Democrats. Do you know who incited people to storm the White House? Fake news, biased Social media, corrupt election officials, and the very Democrats now trying to impeach Trump yet ANOTHER time to prevent him from running again. 70 million voters are watching a corrupt Democrat Party over throwing their President and not allowing them to vote for him in four years. THIS IS WHAT  IS CAUSING RIOTS! It is the Left incitiing these riots AS ALWAYS!

Democrats have been trying to impeach Trump since before he was elected. The FBI with the Steel Dossier planted false information to get a judge to allow them to do survielance on Trump!

Here we have the same corrupt obstructioniists trying to impeach Trump again so he can not run for President four years from now. What kind of people believe this sick corruption in our Government? Do you ever watch Fox news and get the real story or do you always watch fake news?
    Plaffelvohfen
  • anarchist100anarchist100 215 Pts   -  
    @We_are_accountable
    What evidence is there of voter fraud?
  • @anarchist100

I just answered you on your debate.
    @We_are_accountable
    I think it's interesting how you say FOX news likes it's somehow trustworthy, I don't trust CNN either but Fox is still backing up a politician and a party so they need to lie, plus if this evil left wing media is so smart why don't they buyout FOX news and feed you fake news while you think you're getting the "real story"? If I where you I'd watch some independent news source with no ties to any party or politician, that's not afraid to criticize everything the government does. That's why I don't watch mainstream news.
    @We_are_accountable
    Ok thanks.
  • @anarchist100

You find me some independent news not in bed with the Left. I will watch them.
  • all4acttall4actt 174 Pts   -  
    @Plaffelvohfen

Sadly, I don't know that much about German history to either agree or disagree with your conclusion of similarities.  Nor do I have time for the sake of this discussion to either agree or disagree with you on that subject. 

Until the politicians who openly supported the riots and stood down or took away the police"s ability to stop them are taken to the matt for their part in encouragig the continued riots I fail to see how they can turn around and prosecute  the President for being less complicit then they were. Afterall, he did not stand down the Nattonal Guard, which he could have.  Infact, he probably had approve the use of them.  

Don"t get me wrong.  I was not happy with the speech when I first heard it.  I thought that it might cause problems and it didn't help.  Who is to say thay the plans weren't already in place  and wouldb't of happened anyways if he had not held the rally?

The decisiveness, anger and resent that impeachment could cause among the die hard Trumpers is it really worth it?

The politicians need to realize you can not penalize one side for their bad behavior without also penalizing the other side. 

If the country is to heal everyone needs to be equally treated.  I am not saying that we will all ever agree on everything and that nobodys feeling will get hurt but if politixs are taken out of the equation and the moral outrage is evenly placed the emotional controversy would be tampered down leaving room for more rational debate.
    Plaffelvohfen