Are trump supporters still American citizens, or are they a terrorist organization like ISIS? - The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com - Debate Anything The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is a globally leading online debate platform that is transforming the online debating experience. DebateIsland enables anyone to civilly debate online, casually or formally, with five fun debating formats: Casual, "Persuade Me," Formalish, Traditional Formal, and Lincoln-Douglas. With DebateIsland's beautiful, mobile-friendly, and easy-to-use, online debate website, users can debate politics, debate science, debate technology, debate news, and just about anything else in a large community of debaters. Debate online for free while improving your debating skills with the help of Artifical Intelligence on DebateIsland.

DebateIsland.com is the best online debate website. We're the only online debate website with Casual, "Persuade Me," Formalish, Traditional Formal, and Lincoln-Douglas online debate formats. Using DebateIsland's beautiful, mobile-friendly, and easy-to-use online debate website, you can debate politics, debate popular topics, debate news, or debate anything in a large community of debaters. Debate online for free using DebateIsland, a globally leading online debate website that is utilizing Artificial Intelligence to transform online debating.

Are trump supporters still American citizens, or are they a terrorist organization like ISIS?

Debate Information

The conspiracy theory that the violent terrorists who were trying to kill the vice president were actually ANTIFA has failed (because even I'd it was ANTIFA, trump still said he loved them and they had a special place in his heart, so even if it were ANTIFA, trump was supporting terrorists who were trying to overthrow our government). So now trump supporters have to justify their actions of trying to overthrow our government  which is as much of a threat as ISIS who would like to do the same. Should trump supporters be allowed to remain regular American citizens, or should they be considered enemy combatants?    
  1. Live Poll

Are trump supporters enemy combatants of the US

14 votes
    1. Yes. Calling for the violent overthrow of the government is terrorism.
      42.86%
    2. No.
      57.14%

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
22%
Margin

Details +

Arguments

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• piloteerpiloteer 1145 Pts   -  
    Ignoring fascists equals being a fascist.
    AlofRITreeManCYDdharta
  • anarchist100anarchist100 273 Pts   -  
    @piloteer
    The military are terrorist, I send love to anyone trying to overthrow the government ❤
    PlaffelvohfenAlofRIpiloteerGeorge_HorseTreeManDebater123
  • Happy_KillbotHappy_Killbot 3901 Pts   -  
    @anarchist100 ;
    The military are terrorist, I send love to anyone trying to overthrow the government ❤
    What if they are trying to replace the government with an even more brutal and authoritarian one based on puritan evangelical values?
    AlofRIpiloteerGeorge_HorseTreeManCYDdharta
    At some point in the distant past, the universe went through a phase of cosmic inflation,
    Stars formed, planets coalesced, and on at least one of them life took root.
    Through a long process of evolution this life 
    developed into the human race.
    Humans conquered fire, built complex societies and advanced technology .

All of that so we can argue about nothing.
    @Happy_Killbot
    Actually that's not very good either, although the question was, does wanting a revolution make you a terrorist, to which I respond that the ones preventing a revolution are the terrorist.
    AlofRI
    @anarchist100 ;
    Actually that's not very good either, although the question was, does wanting a revolution make you a terrorist, to which I respond that the ones preventing a revolution are the terrorist.
    So let me get this straight, if a bunch of revolutionaries who's stated goal was to overthrow the government and establish a dictatorship/monarchy stormed the capitol with explosives and incendiary weapons, you would still refer to the government officials who are paid to defend a liberal democracy the terrorists?
    DeePlaffelvohfenAlofRIpiloteerGeorge_Horse
    At some point in the distant past, the universe went through a phase of cosmic inflation,

@Happy_Killbot
    I oppose all forms of government, one can be worse then the other but they're all bad.
    @anarchist100 ;

Could you define the word "Terrorism" for me please?

@Happy_Killbot
    Killing an innocent person is the definition of terrorism.
    PlaffelvohfenCYDdhartaTreeManStarlord616
  • anarchist100anarchist100 273 Pts   -   edited January 10
    @piloteer
    The military is fascist mate.
    Plaffelvohfen
    @anarchist100 ;
    Killing an innocent person is the definition of terrorism.
    In what way is an insurrectionist innocent?
    piloteerTreeMan

@Happy_Killbot
    The tree of liberty must from time to time be watered with the blood of patriots.
    piloteerPlaffelvohfenTreeMan
  • anarchist100anarchist100 273 Pts   -   edited January 10
    @Happy_Killbot ;
    Also what did the people in other countries that the US invaded do to deserve to be raped and murdered? That was terrorism at it's worst! Have you ever heard of Vietnam?
    piloteerGeorge_HorsePlaffelvohfenTreeMan
  • AlofRIAlofRI 1233 Pts   -  
    Anarchy is terrorism 101. There is NO freedom in anarchy .... except for the anarchists.

By the way. Any American caught raping and "murdering" in Viet Nam was punished! There was MORE raping and murdering on the side of the anarchists in Viet Nam than the American side, and THEY weren't punished to my knowledge .... unless it was in a free world court! The bloviating putridness that is backing anarchy is .... just that!  :-1:
    PlaffelvohfenDeepiloteeranarchist100George_HorseTreeMan
    @anarchist100 ;
    The tree of liberty must from time to time be watered with the blood of patriots.
    In what way are people looking to establish an actual dictatorship "patriots"?
    Also what did the people in other countries that the US invaded do to deserve to be raped and murdered? That was terrorism at it's worst! Have you ever heard of Vietnam?
    We aren't talking about Vietnam here, we are talking about cult 45' storming the capitol with plans to overthrow the government.
    PlaffelvohfenDeeAlofRITreeMan

• piloteerpiloteer 1145 Pts   -   edited January 10
    @Happy_Killbot ;
    The Vietnamese people most certainly did not deserve to be turned into a slaughter house by Americans, just as the Vietnamese were equally guilty for raping the woman of Cambodia when they invaded in 1979 (literally not figuratively). That is why I am now drawing a line in the sand. It is our duty as American citizens to eliminate the terrorist factions that have infiltrated our democratically elected government and either make them condemn their actions, or be labeled enemy combatants of our country. 

Our military is in no way fascist. Our military is made of American citizens who have their own individual political points of view, or no political affiliation. But our US military is only supposed to be used for defense and have absolutely no political affiliation as an organization. If trump fascists are among the ranks of the military, they are free to condemn their actions, or be labeled enemy combatants of our country. 

You have no real bearing on what anarchy is. We are ALL already in an anarchy because nobody is stopping trump supporters to individually choose to be enemy combatants, just like nobody is forcing me to claim that those who do not oppose trump and his supporters are enemy combatants of our country. Nobody forced the individuals who initially instated our constitution, just like nobody was ever forced to ever do anything. We always have a choice, even when there is a gun pointed at our head. We have the choice to follow, or the choice to die. This is ALL anarchy at work now.

If you support the fascist trump supporters like hitler overthrew the German government, you can drop the whole "mate" act, because we are certainly not that. UNDERSTAND?????               
  • PlaffelvohfenPlaffelvohfen 2163 Pts   -  
    "trump supporters" refers to 75 million Americans... They are not all terrorists, most of them are clearly delusional about the election but that does not make them terrorists...

Those who advocate for violent revolution based on these election results are traitors, plain and simple...

Those who act on it are terrorists...
    piloteerAlofRICYDdharta
    " Adversus absurdum, contumaciter ac ridens! "
    @Plaffelvohfen

It is not my intention to label every single person who voted for trump as a terrorist. It is my intention to label every single person who still supports trump now as an enemy combatant, and give all the other trump supporters the chance to condemn the actions of the trump terrorists and trump himself. The capital building of my country was breached by an enemy combatant organization who were trying to find the vice president of my country and tighten plastic zip ties around his neck so he would suffocate because he refused to throw out the results of the election. Either they are still supporters of a fascist enemy combatant, or they are no longer supporters of the terrorist organization known as trumpism. There is no longer any room for middle ground.  But I will not call someone a terrorist simply because at one time they supported and voted for trump. They didn't know he would call for the violent overthrow of the government when they voted for him. Just keep in mind that they do know now that he did.   
    PlaffelvohfenAlofRICYDdhartaFalcoX
    @AlofRI
    How are anarchist any more violent then any other political group? Anarchy is the abolition of one person dominating another so your claim that anarchism is anti freedom is not true, there where no anarchist in Vietnam to my knowledge, if you believe that the Vietnamese where somehow worse to the Americas I doubt you have ever read a book other then American propaganda.
    AlofRI
  • anarchist100anarchist100 273 Pts   -   edited January 11
    @piloteer
    Wars are started by the people in power to gain control and money, the solders are just pawns. You are somewhat right that there is nothing making us obey we have a choice, unfortunately the survival of the state depends on the enslavement of the mind, we outnumber them 1000 to 1 the only way a government last is to make people think that they are free, or that revolution would fail, or whatever, as for calling you mate I call everyone that, I picked it up from some Australian I meet on another debate site, sorry if it offends you.
    @AlofRI @piloteer
    I wish you folks would respond to the stuff I post to you.
  • Starlord616Starlord616 267 Pts   -  
    You can be both American citizens and a member of a terrorist organization. These things are not exclusive to one another
    @Starlord616
    Depends on what you mean by citizen, some people say it means a law abiding good patriot. Do you know of Debate.Org? I remember seeing you there. I can see why you left, it's become a S**thole.
  • @piloteer

Are trump supporters enemy combatants of the US.

Combatants, more like insurrectionists. What united States? The idea of proving a republic by use of judicial prudence has all but ended. F.Y.I it was dissolved by the American state's independent use of pregnancy abortion in legislation. It is literally written documentation of an act of the United States Constitutional treason a foreign nation's legal precedent followed by American states involving criminal admissions as they may relate to the loss of Female privacy by state-licensed medical practice.

What is so ironic is how simple much of the intersection might have been better dismissed as a constitutional response like female-specific amputation American sediment might have been made a simply nullification of the admission after the Supreme Court ruling found it to be illegally intrusive.
  • Starlord616Starlord616 267 Pts   -  
    I mean I think the term 'law-abiding citizen' refers to a subset of citizens right otherwise saying citizen is just redundant. yeah, I was on debate.org for ages but then the whole Jamal thing took over briefly after the David Nicholas thing so I just avoid it. not to mention the site it selfs needs a ton of patches @anarchist100
    @AlofRI @piloteer
    Post something besides bull stuff and we likely will.
    @AlofRI
    what did I post that wasn't true?
    @AlofRI @piloteer
    My apologies. I didn't get a notice of any posts by you. I wasn't trying to ignore you though.
    I mean I think the term 'law-abiding citizen' refers to a subset of citizens right otherwise saying citizen is just redundant. yeah, I was on debate.org for ages but then the whole Jamal thing took over briefly after the David Nicholas thing so I just avoid it. not to mention the site it selfs needs a ton of patches @anarchist100
    I was on debate.org also. It was purposely spam bombed by other competing debate sites. Most of the Debate.org people are at debateart now. I have a profile there also, but I think I prefer a forum where everybody engages in the debate. That's when I get to post  inflammatory rhetoric to purposely anger people and watch a discussion turn into a dumpster fire. I'm still waiting for that perfect disaster of a debate. 
    Plaffelvohfen
    @AlofRI
    what did I post that wasn't true?
    The bull stuff.
    @AlofRI
    You're discrediting your argument by failing to provide something I said that was not true. If you can't do that then just don't bother.
  • all4acttall4actt 183 Pts   -  
    Of course Trump supporters remain citizens just as citizen who are part of ISS retain citizeship.

Although,  I do not agree that the rhetoric from the rally is enough to meet the criminal charge of insurrection.  I do believe that it was inflammatory and did not help.  I also believe that both Jr's  speeches were just as bad.

What happened at the capital is not supported by most Americans including previous or continuous supporterof  Trump. Those who continue to want him as President after his behavior since the election still have a right to their opinion.  I personally don't understand it, but I don't agree every opinion any of you have.  All I can do is read your responses and and state mine and hope somewhere along the way I develope a deeper understanding of the oppositions view and possibly see where there is common ground.  If I am proven wrong I will admit it and voting for him was a mistake but I do not believe Biden to be the great uniter that some of you hoped he would be.  So far he has been just as devisive as the party he represents but that is another debate.

This hating people or cancelling of people because their opinion differs from yours I don't understand.  This bully culture has really gotten out of hand.  In life we are probably going to disagree with even the closest of allies on certain subjects.  Do you turn around and shout that person down or do you try to come to an understanding that you can both live with.  Anyone who is married can tell you that you do the later or you won't be married for long because the spouse that gives in all the time will build up resentments that will eventually tear apart the relationship just as this country is being torn apart.
  • all4acttall4actt 183 Pts   -  
    By the way the charges of attempted kidnapping and assasanation have been dropped by the DOJ because the elements of the crime din't exist.
    @AlofRI
    You're discrediting your argument by failing to provide something I said that was not true. If you can't do that then just don't bother.
    You're right. I am discrediting myself by arguing with somebody that says little that is true. So, I'll not bother.  :unamused:
  • anarchist100anarchist100 273 Pts   -   edited January 16
    @AlofRI ;
    This is either a joke or you have a profoundly low IQ, I have better things to do, thank you and goodbye.
  • piloteerpiloteer 1145 Pts   -   edited January 16
    NEWSMAX AND AMERICAN THINKERS HAVE BOTH ISSUED CORRECTIONS ABOUT ALL THE ARTICLES THEY RELEASED THAT CLAIMED VOTER FRAUD TOOK PLACE IN THE 2020 ELECTION FOR PRESIDENT!!!  

American thinkers statements regarding their "coverage" of the 2020 presidential election.

"""""""American Thinker and contributors Andrea Widburg, R.D. Wedge, Brian Tomlinson, and Peggy Ryan have published pieces on www.AmericanThinker.com that falsely accuse US Dominion Inc., Dominion Voting Systems, Inc., and Dominion Voting Systems Corporation (collectively “Dominion”) of conspiring to steal the November 2020 election from Donald Trump. These pieces rely on discredited sources who have peddled debunked theories about Dominion’s supposed ties to Venezuela, fraud on Dominion’s machines that resulted in massive vote switching or weighted votes, and other claims falsely stating that there is credible evidence that Dominion acted fraudulently.

These statements are completely false and have no basis in fact. Industry experts and public officials alike have confirmed that Dominion conducted itself appropriately and that there is simply no evidence to support these claims.

It was wrong for us to publish these false statements. We apologize to Dominion for all of the harm this caused them and their employees. We also apologize to our readers for abandoning 9 journalistic principles and misrepresenting Dominion’s track record and its limited role in tabulating votes for the November 2020 election. We regret this grave error."

Newsmax statement regarding their "coverage" of the 2020 presidential election.  

""""""""There are several facts our viewers and readers should be aware. Newsmax has found no evidence either Dominion or Smartmatic owns the other, or has any business association with each other.

We have no evidence Dominion uses Smartmatic’s software or vice versa.

No evidence has been offered that Dominion or Smartmatic used software or reprogrammed software that manipulated votes in the 2020 election.

Smartmatic has stated its software was only used in the 2020 election in Los Angeles, and was not used in any battleground state contested by the Trump campaign and Newsmax has no evidence to the contrary.

Dominion has stated its company has no ownership relationship with the House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s family, Sen. Dianne Feinstein’s family, the Clinton family, Hugo Chavez, or the government of Venezuela.

Neither Dominion nor Smartmatic has any relationship with George Soros."

WHO ELSE WILL COME FORWARD WITH APOLOGIES FOR PUBLISHING LIES??

@all4actt

The people of Germany democratically elected adolf hitler. Do we actually believe it is impossible to have a dictatorship overcome the US by way of a democratic election?

The nazis lit the Reichstag on fire and blamed it on communist conspirators so the nazis could declare a national emergency and consolidate their power and rule Germany unabated. Are we actually supposed to believe it is impossible for our democracy to fall into an authoritarian rule if we do not resist authoritarian insurrection? 

The Jewish people of Europe walked themselves into gas chambers at death camps. Do you think they would have done things differently and resisted the nazis immediately if they had a second chance?

There was an attempted coup on the US capitol. Do you think we should just accept an attempted coup on our American democracy and allow people who support the people responsible to live freely among us?

CYDdharta
  • CYDdhartaCYDdharta 1385 Pts   -   edited January 17
    piloteer said:
    NEWSMAX AND AMERICAN THINKERS HAVE BOTH ISSUED CORRECTIONS ABOUT ALL THE ARTICLES THEY RELEASED THAT CLAIMED VOTER FRAUD TOOK PLACE IN THE 2020 ELECTION FOR PRESIDENT!!!  

American thinkers statements regarding their "coverage" of the 2020 presidential election.

"""""""American Thinker and contributors Andrea Widburg, R.D. Wedge, Brian Tomlinson, and Peggy Ryan have published pieces on www.AmericanThinker.com that falsely accuse US Dominion Inc., Dominion Voting Systems, Inc., and Dominion Voting Systems Corporation (collectively “Dominion”) of conspiring to steal the November 2020 election from Donald Trump. These pieces rely on discredited sources who have peddled debunked theories about Dominion’s supposed ties to Venezuela, fraud on Dominion’s machines that resulted in massive vote switching or weighted votes, and other claims falsely stating that there is credible evidence that Dominion acted fraudulently.

These statements are completely false and have no basis in fact. Industry experts and public officials alike have confirmed that Dominion conducted itself appropriately and that there is simply no evidence to support these claims.

It was wrong for us to publish these false statements. We apologize to Dominion for all of the harm this caused them and their employees. We also apologize to our readers for abandoning 9 journalistic principles and misrepresenting Dominion’s track record and its limited role in tabulating votes for the November 2020 election. We regret this grave error."

Newsmax statement regarding their "coverage" of the 2020 presidential election.  

""""""""There are several facts our viewers and readers should be aware. Newsmax has found no evidence either Dominion or Smartmatic owns the other, or has any business association with each other.

We have no evidence Dominion uses Smartmatic’s software or vice versa.

No evidence has been offered that Dominion or Smartmatic used software or reprogrammed software that manipulated votes in the 2020 election.

Smartmatic has stated its software was only used in the 2020 election in Los Angeles, and was not used in any battleground state contested by the Trump campaign and Newsmax has no evidence to the contrary.

Dominion has stated its company has no ownership relationship with the House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s family, Sen. Dianne Feinstein’s family, the Clinton family, Hugo Chavez, or the government of Venezuela.

Neither Dominion nor Smartmatic has any relationship with George Soros."

WHO ELSE WILL COME FORWARD WITH APOLOGIES FOR PUBLISHING LIES??

If you post the entire statement, it doesn't seem as though they believe their statement at all.  More like they're another victim of lawfare.

We received a lengthy letter from Dominion's defamation lawyers explaining why they believe that their client has been the victim of defamatory statements.  Having considered the full import of the letter, we have agreed to their request that we publish the following statement:

• CYDdhartaCYDdharta 1385 Pts   -  
    piloteer said:
    @all4actt

The people of Germany democratically elected adolf hitler. Do we actually believe it is impossible to have a dictatorship overcome the US by way of a democratic election?

The nazis lit the Reichstag on fire and blamed it on communist conspirators so the nazis could declare a national emergency and consolidate their power and rule Germany unabated. Are we actually supposed to believe it is impossible for our democracy to fall into an authoritarian rule if we do not resist authoritarian insurrection? 

The Jewish people of Europe walked themselves into gas chambers at death camps. Do you think they would have done things differently and resisted the nazis immediately if they had a second chance?

There was an attempted coup on the US capitol. Do you think we should just accept an attempted coup on our American democracy and allow people who support the people responsible to live freely among us?

Pearl-clutching.

Where was your outrage in 2017 when demonstrators were questioning the legitimacy of Pres. Trump's win?  There have been riots from coast to coast all year long.  What, other than politics, sets this one apart from the rest that you failed to protest?
    CYDdharta said:

If you post the entire statement, it doesn't seem as though they believe their statement at all.  More like they're another victim of lawfare.

Since when does your opinion on what you believe these news organizations "seem" to believe about what they themselves published discredit the entire article? It doesn't. I'm sure you have objective proof that proves these organizations were forced to say these things. You know, so we don't have to only go on what you believe it "seems" like what is going on. 
    CYDdharta said:
    piloteer said:
    @all4actt

Pearl-clutching.

Where was your outrage in 2017 when demonstrators were questioning the legitimacy of Pres. Trump's win?  There have been riots from coast to coast all year long.  What, other than politics, sets this one apart from the rest that you failed to protest?
    I wasn't even on this site in 2017, so if you didn't see my outrage about rioters back then, it doesn't mean I didn't condemn them. And how many of those non-stop riots stormed the capitol building with the intention of hanging our vice president? I don't have a crystal clear memory, but I'm very sure non of those protesters were trying to kill any members of Congress with the hopes of starting a civil war and causing our society to collapse so they can implement a new fascist regime.  
    AARONG HAS ALERTED ME TO THE FACT THAT 3 OF THE VOTES ON THE POLL UP TOP WERE DUPLICATES. APPARENTLY THERE IS SOMEBODY WHO IS AN INTELLIGENCE WORKER FOR THE MILITARY ON THIS SITE WITH THE KNOWHOW TO CREATE DUPLICATE PROFILES, BUT AARONG WON'T TELL ME WHO IT IS. THE POLL IS BEING STOLEN BY ENEMY COMBATANTS OF OUR COUNTRY.      
    all4actt
  • JGXdebatePROJGXdebatePRO 335 Pts   -  
    Well, it is unfair to judge the whole group of society that support trump and call them terrorists based upon a minority of trump supporters rioting in the capital.
    xlJ_dolphin_473
    "A defense with no holes doesn't exist" - Wakatoshi Ushijima
    Well, it is unfair to judge the whole group of society that support trump and call them terrorists based upon a minority of trump supporters rioting in the capital.
    Is it "unfair" to judge ISIS combatants? People who support someone who called on rioters to overthrow our government are unquestionably enemy combatants of the state.   
  • xlJ_dolphin_473xlJ_dolphin_473 1143 Pts   -  
    @piloteer
    piloteer said:
    Is it "unfair" to judge ISIS combatants? People who support someone who called on rioters to overthrow our government are unquestionably enemy combatants of the state.   
    Not all Trump supporters would have supported that specific statement he made.
    @xlJ_dolphin_473

He did make that decision to call on rioters to overthrow our government, therefore he is an enemy combatant of our nation. Those who support him, support an enemy combatant of our country, whether they agree with that decision or not.  
    CYDdhartaall4actt
    @piloteer
    piloteer said:
    Those who support him, support an enemy combatant of our country, whether they agree with that decision or not.
    But they may not be supporting him for that - there could be many other reasons. 
  • piloteerpiloteer 1145 Pts   -   edited January 17
    @xlJ_dolphin_473

Whatever reason it is that they support an enemy combatant for, they are still supporting an enemy combatant. Just like people who support ISIS are enemy combatants, so are trump supporters.  
    @piloteer
    But that doesn't make them enemy combatants or terrorists as you seem to be suggesting.
    @piloteer
    But that doesn't make them enemy combatants or terrorists as you seem to be suggesting.
    Supporters of terrorist enemy combatants are indeed terrorist enemy combatants themselves. Those who support the violent overthrow of our government, and the cancellation of the constitution are indeed enemy combatants.