frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Is the internet good or bad?

Debate Information

I say bad.

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• JulesKorngoldJulesKorngold 809 Pts   -  
    Like most tools, the Internet can be used for good or evil.
  • FactfinderFactfinder 612 Pts   -  
    @anarchist100

It is what people make of it. 
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 5965 Pts   -   edited March 8
    I have no idea where I would be in live without the Internet. In the past, when I suffered from debilitating social anxiety, the Internet was the only way for me to get consistent socialization experience in comfortable setting - which, in combination with all the self-help material, eventually allowed me to break out of my shell and become the social butterfly and the leader that I am now. In addition, I do not learn well in the classroom setting: I need a lot of materials in front of me and a quiet room to really get something - and the Internet with gazillions of materials on any topic and countless discussions on Quora, StackExchange, reddit, StackOverflow, et cetera, is a perfect manifestation of that. Heck, even leaving Russia was only possible because I could connect with the people interested in working with me here in the US through the Internet; I would have had no idea how to even start approaching immigration otherwise.

The Internet allows you to connect with people you otherwise would never meet, find knowledge that otherwise you would not even know to look for, and get tons of practice questions, Youtube videos and even courses absolutely for free. The Internet is the modern mega-university, mega-therapy center, mega-playground, mega-laboratory, mega-job market, mega-mall, mega-everything.

And all of that is supposed to be outweighed by some trolls and propagandists? Come on. ;)
  • GiantManGiantMan 40 Pts   -  
    The internet is a tool.  It can be used beneficially or harmfully.