frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

Should we have gun control, and or gun ban?

Debate Information

No, that gives the evil one to much power.

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• anarchist100anarchist100 782 Pts   -   edited February 2021
    @ZeusAres42 ;
    Actually I agree with you, although you misinterpreted my statement, I don't want a world where everyone is running around killing each other, I would not mind a world without guns actually, I just don't trust the government to enforce any sort of gun control.
    ZeusAres42
  • CYDdhartaCYDdharta 1823 Pts   -  

I bet you were also one that fell for Sasha Baran Cohen's stunt here. I would bet my last cent that you would also think it's a good idea to arm 4-year-olds with guns. And don't forget "we can't arm 2-year-olds because they call it the terrible twos for a reason." Lmao.

That's because you don't understand the topic ... at all.  There are already more than enough gun control laws, we don't need any more.  The problem is that the laws on the books aren't being enforced.  Passing more laws that won't be enforced or that don't target criminals, won't do anything to reduce crime.
    ZeusAres42Blastcat
  • CYDdharta said:

I bet you were also one that fell for Sasha Baran Cohen's stunt here. I would bet my last cent that you would also think it's a good idea to arm 4-year-olds with guns. And don't forget "we can't arm 2-year-olds because they call it the terrible twos for a reason." Lmao.

That's because you don't understand the topic ... at all.  There are already more than enough gun control laws, we don't need any more.  The problem is that the laws on the books aren't being enforced.  Passing more laws that won't be enforced or that don't target criminals, won't do anything to reduce crime.

Don't put words into my mouth, please. I didn't say anything about passing more laws. In fact, I have been talking about stuff with which we could otherwise be in agreement. But suit yourself.

CYDdharta said:

Don't put words into my mouth, please. I didn't say anything about passing more laws. In fact, I have been talking about stuff with which we could otherwise be in agreement. But suit yourself.

"Don't put words in my mouth"???  Are you sure that's what you want to put up here after "bet[ting] your last cent" about what I believe???

If I've misrepresented your position, that's because you have clearly stated what you want or what you believe.  Only you can clear that up.
    ZeusAres42Plaffelvohfen
  • @CYDdharta
    I do no longer believe the laws written are gun control. 
    John_C_87 said:
    @CYDdharta
    I do no longer believe the laws written are gun control. 

I beg to differ.  The laws being proposed are nothing but gun control.  They have nothing to do with crime control.
    Blastcat
  • @CYDdharta
    I beg to differ.  The laws being proposed are nothing but gun control.  They have nothing to do with crime control.
    You do not need beg, I understand completely why you believe laws are gun control I'm just not capable to say that as a truth, I am just addressing the basic principle that laws are for control of people, not machines. We do not control crime, we punish criminals as those who orchestrate crime, organized crime is the process of what controls crime.

The laws being proposed are nothing but gun control.

A 2nd Amendment right allows the law to be used in the proving law may become a weapon that can cause death. It is not good faith to propose to take personal property without payment of that property. The American freedom of speech can be placed in context to the constitutional united state need to create a more perfect union. do we or do we not need liberty said as freedom in this regard? 
  • CYDdhartaCYDdharta 1823 Pts   -   edited February 2021
    John_C_87 said:
    @CYDdharta
    You do not need beg, I understand completely why you believe laws are gun control I'm just not capable to say that as a truth, I am just addressing the basic principle that laws are for control of people, not machines. We do not control crime, we punish criminals as those who orchestrate crime, organized crime is the process of what controls crime.
    ...except that we DON'T punish criminals, at least not criminals who lie on their paperwork in an attempt to illegally obtain firearms.
    The laws being proposed are nothing but gun control.
    A 2nd Amendment right allows the law to be used in the proving law may become a weapon that can cause death. It is not good faith to propose to take personal property without payment of that property. The American freedom of speech can be placed in context to the constitutional united state need to create a more perfect union. do we or do we not need liberty said as freedom in this regard?
    I can't divine any meaning from this word salad.  Could you repost in English that makes sense?
    Blastcat
  • PlaffelvohfenPlaffelvohfen 3985 Pts   -   edited February 2021
    @Debater123
    @Plaffelvohfen Therefore anything can be banned that can hurt someone since poses a danger.
    No, anything can be regulated... Stay focused...
    Debater123ZeusAres42
    " Adversus absurdum, contumaciter ac ridens! "
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @CYDdharta

I’m still not English amazing how many yanks assume if one speaks English they’re from England but not surprising seeing as according to you all smokers carry fire extinguishers LOL ......

Incidentally Russia , Belarus , Ukraine , Latvia , Lithuania are more dangerous don’t believe anything you hear on FOX news son 
    Blastcat
  • @CYDdharta
    I can't divine any meaning from this word salad.  Could you repost in English that makes sense?
    Not to you. Not here. This is what I will say
    Anything can be regulated assuming the risk of committing a crime...
    When the risk is not brought to bear anything cannot legally be regulated as it may require a documented perjury.
    Control which describes theft is an influence that directs people's behavior, governing is not just control as a state of the union with regulation nor justice. The compression s groups of people provide in the use of theft is not a bargain made in good faith as an example. The legal precedent itself then becomes theft due to basic principles it is united with.

• @Dee
    You are not acting under the united states of the law there are words added to the dictionary on a yearly basis that are not understood in general. Perjuries added to the law are subject to correction like grammar or spelling may be to writing. Although perjury is a crime and not moral behavior.
  • Debater123Debater123 601 Pts   -  
    @Dee I'm sorry, but I had to say this, this is just contradicting your previous statements about living in the UK.

Just saying...
    ZeusAres42
    Dee said:
    @CYDdharta

I’m still not English amazing how many yanks assume if one speaks English they’re from England but not surprising seeing as according to you all smokers carry fire extinguishers LOL ......

Incidentally Russia , Belarus , Ukraine , Latvia , Lithuania are more dangerous don’t believe anything you hear on FOX news son 

Yes, yes; we've already established you're a proud resident of Imaginationland.  Why you're choosing to bring that up now is as much a mystery as it's actual location.

ZeusAres42Blastcat
  • @Plaffelvohfen
    Right including perjury which causes harm.
  • @Plaffelvohfen

You have many of us at a distinct disadvantage as the human right to freedom of speech is not connected to the legal term of a more perfect union. A more perfect union can be proven as a united state to be one that does not implicate crime by its mere participation.