Why is the US government allowing immigration during a pandemic? - The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com - Debate Anything The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate platform globally by activity where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology.

DebateIsland Referral Program: Get a Free Month of DebateIsland Diamond Premium Membership ($4.99 Value) Per Each New User That You Refer!

Why is the US government allowing immigration during a pandemic?

Debate Information

I'm reposting for @jamiebaker53 ;

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Arguments

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• MayCaesarMayCaesar 3702 Pts   -  
    Why should it not? Is there some inherent trait in Americans that make it less likely for them to spread the disease to others than for people living outside the US? 

Your question would, perhaps, be of relevance if the pandemic was contained to outside the US - but if the pandemic is a global phenomenon, then there is little gain to be had from closing the borders.
    xlJ_dolphin_473CYDdhartapiloteerUnknownArtist
  • piloteerpiloteer 1222 Pts   -  
    @UnknownArtist

If we all get a covid vaccine, then we'll not have anything to worry about. Problem solved. You're welcome.   
    ZeusAres42UnknownArtistAlofRI

• I've got my vaccine for next week. It's come round very quick for me; I thought I would have to wait for ages. But a vaccine is the only way of this mess and those that don't get it are just part of the problem; not the solution.
    UnknownArtistAlofRI

• UnknownArtistUnknownArtist 83 Pts   -  
    Well if one country is doing better or worse, wouldn't the smarter thing to do be keeping everything contained instead of spreading it around? Also I've personally heard of more people falling ill due to the vaccine then anything. 
  • AlofRIAlofRI 1287 Pts   -  
    Thanks to Rump's "handling" of his pandemic (he EARNED it), we have 5% of the worlds population and 20% of its deaths. It is essential that everyone gets vaccinated asap, no matter which country they are from. Third-world countries have fewer vaccinations per capita for the most part. If immigrants come here they'll likely get vaccinated faster, making the world a safer place for all of us. It should be a team effort, just like the many medical corporations that are working on those vaccines. I remember reading, (maybe Popular Science or Scientific American) back in the 50s/60s that the thing most likely to wipe out civilization was a virus, not a nuclear bomb. We should fight the virus any way we can, and worry about immigration later.
  • Why did a nation not explain the safety threat made by immigration the legal precedent of the more perfect union was set by guns was it not?