Should it be illegal to question the Covid vaccine? - The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com - Debate Anything The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate platform globally by activity where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology.

DebateIsland Referral Program: Get a Free Month of DebateIsland Diamond Premium Membership ($4.99 Value) Per Each New User That You Refer!

Should it be illegal to question the Covid vaccine?

Debate Information

Hell no!
UnknownArtist

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Arguments

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• Happy_KillbotHappy_Killbot 4216 Pts   -  
    It should be illegal to dress up like an old person to get the vaccine early. Also disposing of or tampering with them, or replacing them with anything else, or telling people they contain some kind of brain controlling parasite that will turn everyone into a zombie and bring back Jesus and Muhammad so they can star in a reality TV show.
    Starlord616Debater123ZeusAres42AlofRIScienceRules
    At some point in the distant past, the universe went through a phase of cosmic inflation,
    Stars formed, planets coalesced, and on at least one of them life took root.
    Through a long process of evolution this life 
    developed into the human race.
    Humans conquered fire, built complex societies and advanced technology .

All of that so we can argue about nothing.
  • anarchist100anarchist100 332 Pts   -  
    @Happy_Killbot
    So are you saying yes?

• Happy_KillbotHappy_Killbot 4216 Pts   -  
    ZeusAres42ScienceRules
    At some point in the distant past, the universe went through a phase of cosmic inflation,
    Stars formed, planets coalesced, and on at least one of them life took root.
    Through a long process of evolution this life 
    developed into the human race.
    Humans conquered fire, built complex societies and advanced technology .

All of that so we can argue about nothing.
  • @Happy_Killbot

It really is nice when people like you and plaff and others come to this forum. But it appears to be a rare occurrence these days. 

• Starlord616Starlord616 330 Pts   -  
    yes of course you can question it but it should be compulsory to have the vaccine nontheless
    AlofRIUnknownArtistTreeMan
  • xlJ_dolphin_473xlJ_dolphin_473 1224 Pts   -  
    @Starlord616
    I think no one should be forced to have the vaccine, but if you have the vaccine you aren't allowed to go to public places like restaurants, bars, cinemas etc. It is impossible to physically force someone to be vaccinated, but what is possible is to deny them certain privileges if they don't have the vaccine. This is what the UK is doing, with 'vaccine passports'.
    Starlord616Happy_KillbotZeusAres42UnknownArtistTreeManCYDdhartaScienceRules
    @Starlord616
    But I don't want to get vaccinated, My Body My Choice.
    UnknownArtistTreeMan
  • piloteerpiloteer 1222 Pts   -   edited February 21
    yes of course you can question it but it should be compulsory to have the vaccine nontheless
    Because making the vaccine mandatory will convince vaccine skeptics to get vaccinated, right? Because it seems that you think we should just forego any engaging with vaccine skeptics and just go straight to enforcement. Or do you think it may actually be possible to convince the vast majority of the population to willfully get vaccinated and we reach herd protection without any mandate? As of now, there are no plans for any federal government entities to institute a mandate on covid vaccinations, so why do you think we should have one?    
  • piloteer said:
    Because making the vaccine mandatory will convince vaccine skeptics to get vaccinated, right? 

I object your honor. That is a leading question.

piloteer

• piloteerpiloteer 1222 Pts   -  
    @ZeusAres42

Sorry. I shouldn't have lead with a question. It's a little too aggressive.   
    ZeusAres42
    @xlJ_dolphin_473
    They have no right to do this. They don't own us!
  • Starlord616Starlord616 330 Pts   -  
    @xlJ_dolphin_473
    They have no right to do this. They don't own us!
    Representative John Franklin Farnsworth was a soldier in the Union Army, a Republican member of Congress, and a lawyer. In debating the Reconstruction Acts of 1867, readmitting Southern states into the Union, he said: “The first duty of the Government is to afford protection to its citizens.”
    (protection from a pandemic)

• anarchist100anarchist100 332 Pts   -   edited February 22
    @Starlord616
    He can say all he likes, the government doesn't know what's best for me and it doesn't care either way.
  • xlJ_dolphin_473xlJ_dolphin_473 1224 Pts   -  
    @anarchist100
    There has to be a balance between freedom to and freedom from - for example, leaded petrol being banned is probably a good thing, because although corporations said it was safe, the Government later found out this wasn't the case. There is a trade-off between safety and freedom, and a large part of political debate is about how far this trade-off should go. Simply saying 'but they can't do that!' proves nothing, as it is an unsupported assertion.
  • Starlord616

The first duty of the governing is to afford protection of its citizens”

It is a slight misinterpretation of the understandings of the responsibilities that are undertaken by those who legislate the process of regulation as an act to politics. Restriction, constriction, and limitation are a part of governing so the lack of representation in the legal matters created are the constant threat.

• AlofRIAlofRI 1287 Pts   -  
    I understand, back in the time of Jesus, they put lepers on an island or some other place no one would go. I think those who don't give a damn if they infect others "because they have rights" should be handled the same way. We put dangerous criminals in prison so they don't harm the rest of us and they no longer have "certain rights". They are a danger to the majority and should be treated as such. People who insist they have a right to ignore a life-saving vaccine IGNORE the rights of others to be protected from THEM! 

Back to one of my favorite quotes: "A people who values its privileges above its principles soon loses both." D. D. Eisenhower.  A PERSON who holds his/her privileges (rights) above the lives of others should live on an island somewhere and be kept away from the general population .... so they can enjoy their "rights"! (And WE can enjoy ours). :unamused:
  • anarchist100anarchist100 332 Pts   -   edited February 22
    @AlofRI
    So you're for the idea of putting anti-vaxxers in prison I suppose? And if so do you admit to the fact that you oppose freedom of speech?
  • AlofRIAlofRI 1287 Pts   -   edited February 23
    No. anarchist100 said:
    @AlofRI
    So you're for the idea of putting anti-vaxxers in prison I suppose? And if so do you admit to the fact that you oppose freedom of speech?
     No. "Anti-vaxxers" are people who believe the dumb stories from dumb people, and some, I admit, KNOW the stories of ill-advised government experiments of long ago. It's a shame because they destroyed trust. However, that was then, this is now. People are dying by a half-million IN THIS COUNTRY ALONE!. We have someone we can believe in now. We have to put our trust in SOMEONE, SOMETHING, and science is IT! We HAVE to stop believing dumb stories or people who have proven that they only think of themselves, like Moscow Mitch, or Cancun Cruz, or Gulag Graham, etc. The vaccines are coming out, they've proven themselves around the world (unlike those mentioned before :-), and we have to think of those AROUND us ... or not, if you happen to be a Trumper and/or anarchist. When "Operation Warp Speed got some "management", it started to bring the bad numbers DOWN. Anti-vaxxers (and anarchists) should look at REALITY! They should consider those AROUND THEM! Principle before privileges! Americans for Americans! As YOU said, for the common good! Isn't it time you practiced what you preach, and did what is best "for the common good"!?
    ZeusAres42
  • anarchist100anarchist100 332 Pts   -   edited February 23
    @AlofRI
    Rulers don't care about the common good, "The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule" -H.L. Mencken
  • UnknownArtistUnknownArtist 83 Pts   -  
    I'm sorry, but why should I be exempt from school because I don't want to have unknown chemicals ejected into my body? Why should I not be allowed to go places because I disagree with something? I should be able to live my life how I want to without being affected by people who are afraid to live. You don't see people who disagree with vaccines/masking saying "hey you're not allowed in here because you're vaccinated/wearing a mask". I don't make you comply with my beliefs, you shouldn't make me comply with yours. 
    ZeusAres42anarchist100Dee
  • DeeDee 3442 Pts   -   edited February 25
    @UnknownArtist

I'm sorry, but why should I be exempt from school because I don't want to have unknown chemicals ejected into my body?

Because you might infect someone 

Why should I not be allowed to go places because I disagree with something? 

Because you might infect someone

I should be able to live my life how I want to without being affected by people who are afraid to live. 

You should once you’re not a threat to others. People aren’t afraid to live you i-d-i -o-t they’re afraid to die 

You don't see people who disagree with vaccines/masking saying "hey you're not allowed in here because you're vaccinated/wearing a mask". 

I don’t think people would want to mix with unvaccinated i-d-i-o-t-s like you so you’re pretty safe there

I don't make you comply with my beliefs, you shouldn't make me comply with yours. 

Because you’re putting others lives at risk you i-d-I-o-t , it takes a special kind of f-o-o-l to attack those trying to save lives , bet you will whistle a different tune if your family end up dying from it or will you just say “ hey well I showed them I didn’t get vaccinated” 
    ZeusAres42anarchist100TreeManScienceRulesCYDdharta
  • ScienceRulesScienceRules 927 Pts   -  
    Shouldn't be illegal of course. You've got a mouth, you've got a brain therefore you can question it. But that must be logical enough and not be something based upon Bible.
    Your love became a chorus played only by my memory.