Armageddon. Does it make Jesus rather evil? - The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com - Debate Anything The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally by activity where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

DebateIsland Referral Program: Get a Free Month of DebateIsland Diamond Premium Membership ($4.99 Value) Per Each New User That You Refer!

Armageddon. Does it make Jesus rather evil?

Debate Information

Armageddon. Does it make Jesus rather evil?

I know that Jesus is thought to be the epitome of good morals, ethics and judgements.

Armageddon, to this Christian, is not a Christian ideal. It is in fact, evil.

When I look at Yahweh and the days of mythical Noah, and think of the streams of hell bound souls, as compared to the trickle for heaven, I do not look forward to that Jesus showing up.

I much prefer the moral Gnostic Christian Jesus.

All good Christians do. He is not evil.

Regards

DL

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Arguments

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• AlofRIAlofRI 1361 Pts   -  
    Who knows. All we know is what is written ... as with the Old Testament. THAT is more evil than good. In the New Testament, Christians tried to clean up their act a bit. I think they were losing "customers" so they made up a new product. One that wasn't sooo evil. It was like Coke. Pepsi came along and was sweeter, the young preferred it more. So coke came out with a "new and better" (sweeter) product. It kind of flopped. They weren't as lucky as Christians with THEIR sweeter version. Ah, capitalism.  :smirk:
    GnosticChristianZeusAres42
  • GnosticChristianGnosticChristian 189 Pts   -  
    AlofRI said:
    Who knows. All we know is what is written ... as with the Old Testament. THAT is more evil than good. In the New Testament, Christians tried to clean up their act a bit. I think they were losing "customers" so they made up a new product. One that wasn't sooo evil. It was like Coke. Pepsi came along and was sweeter, the young preferred it more. So coke came out with a "new and better" (sweeter) product. It kind of flopped. They weren't as lucky as Christians with THEIR sweeter version. Ah, capitalism.  :smirk:
    I agree and think Christianity failed by having Jesus do as bad a job as Yahweh via Armageddon.

Christians seem to agree as they are staying away from the question.

Regards
    DL
    AlofRI
  • JohnBarut1JohnBarut1 31 Pts   -  
    AlofRI said:
    Well from what I think, the New Testament is a record of Jesus' life here on earth, because the books of Mathew, Mark and John share a very similar account, since they are Apostle of Christ and experienced the same things. I don't think these things were just "made up". Now a case a more reliable with more eyewitnesses.

"If the early followers had made up the stories, they had little to gain but outward persecution and a lifelong battle with guilt. It seems more reasonable to believe, rather, that hypocrites do not become good martyrs and that the resurrection happened." - Dr Yandall Woodfin

What the quote is saying here basically is that why would the disciples lie and what gain would they receive from it? And die for it?

What is evil in your definition? 

Anyways that's my view.
  • mickygmickyg 335 Pts   -  
    jesus said revelations was heresy
    GnosticChristian
    @JohnBarut1 ;

"Well, what I think ..."  Followed by: "I don't think these things were just "made up." Is my problem, exactly. The whole book is translated, copied, interpreted, and spread by a million "thinkers". Ask a hundred readers what a passage means, you'll likely get 60 or more different explanations ... especially if they are from different Christian religions. Now, if I could just speak to the author .........

Anyway, I THINK it's plain fiction. Bad fiction at that.
    GnosticChristian
  • mickygmickyg 335 Pts   -  

When you read the bible ..did you notice ..as i did...that the gospels are anonymous??.....and why do they not appear in history until 160ad?? @JohnBarut1

GnosticChristian
  • TrueLoveTrueLove 135 Pts   -  
    It is not evil to get rid of evil.
    GnosticChristian
    Oh how I love the Word of God!
    mickyg said:

When you read the bible ..did you notice ..as i did...that the gospels are anonymous??.....and why do they not appear in history until 160ad?? @JohnBarut1

The New Testament books and letters were written in the first century.  
    AlofRI said:
    @JohnBarut1 ;

"Well, what I think ..."  Followed by: "I don't think these things were just "made up." Is my problem, exactly. The whole book is translated, copied, interpreted, and spread by a million "thinkers". Ask a hundred readers what a passage means, you'll likely get 60 or more different explanations ... especially if they are from different Christian religions. Now, if I could just speak to the author .........

Anyway, I THINK it's plain fiction. Bad fiction at that.
    You can find out what the truth is by getting the teachings from Jesus in the New Testament and doing what he says to do.  You don't need to join one of the many Christian denominations, for they all teach some falseness here and there and some more than others.  
    GnosticChristian
    TrueLove said:
    Armageddon would kill millions of babies. That's EVIL. 
    GnosticChristian
    mickyg said:
    jesus said revelations was heresy
    I take everything the scribes and other liars said about a guy that likely never existed as written up.

I do agree that one of the Jesus' was shown as disliking organized religion and the superstitious, which would include revelation.

Regards
    DL

TrueLove said:
    Your god created evil and sin for a reason.

That is why you sing of Adam's sin being a happy fault and necessary to god's plan.

Why would you destroy what is necessary to our moral development, according to your bible?

Regards
    DL 
    AlofRI said:
    TrueLove said:
    Not to immoral people, like Christians, who adore their genocidal satanic garbage god.

Regards
    DL
    AlofRI said:
    TrueLove said:
    It had to happen that way back then.  God gives life and can take it and give it again.  
    AlofRIGnosticChristian
    TrueLove said:

That is why you sing of Adam's sin being a happy fault and necessary to god's plan.

Why would you destroy what is necessary to our moral development, according to your bible?

Regards
    DL 
    We were given the ability to know right from wrong, and to love God of our own free will.  
    GnosticChristian
    TrueLove said:
    AlofRI said:
    TrueLove said:
    It had to happen that way back then.  God gives life and can take it and give it again.  

I gave life to my children. Do I have the right to take it?

You do recognize that Yahweh is infanticidal. Right?

That is quite evil. Just as evil hearted as those who would praise such a satanic god. 

Christians have to choose which Jesus they follow.

The genocidal Armageddon Jesus, or the Jesus who said he came to cure and not kill.

Christians seem to like the genocidal Jesus instead of the do unto others Jesus.

Gnostic were correct to name Yahweh a demiurge and condemn him, while Christians took the moral low grond and honored evil, while calling it good. 

Regards
    DL
  • GnosticChristianGnosticChristian 189 Pts   -   edited April 14
    TrueLove said:
    TrueLove said:

Regards
    DL 
    We were given the ability to know right from wrong, and to love God of our own free will.  
    Deflection and another lie.

Only immoral people will put words or ideas into an imaginary god with a satanic attitude.

Free will is another issue that the bible is quite clear on.

We do not have any. You should read some of it.

------------

Are non-believers doomed by Divine Design?

Scriptures say that God decides if a person will be a believer or non-believer. Those scriptures are shown in this link.

Those quotes seems to really screw up the free will notion that Christians say God gives us.

The free will that God offers is kind of a joke anyway given the number of people whose free will to live is ignored in the billions of adults, children and babies that God is shown to torture and murder in scriptures.

If the bible and Yahweh are to be believed, and as a non-believer, I, of course, cannot believe it, thanks to God, by God’s design and will against me, then why did God deny me belief or faith?

Even more important to believers, might be to answer the question of; did God make you a believer in things that you can only hope exists and can never confirm?

Are you happy with God ignoring or negating your free will to think as you please?

I have assumed that God’s work of creating both believers and non-believers is working. If that is so, and you believers must think it so, just as I as a non-believer cannot think it is working, --- and Jesus said that those with faith could do all he did and more, --- then there is not even one believer or person of faith that has ever existed.

Either the bible and Christianity is all a lie, or there must be some who can do what Jesus did.

What is your choice of those two options?

Is the bible and Christianity a lie, or is God just not creating any people with faith, --- which would make all Christians who say they have faith, --- liars.

I mean no insult here but someone is definitely lying, if we read what is written and look at reality and listen to Christians.

What do you think is the truth?

Is it just for God to create people doomed to hell even if they wanted to believe?

--------

You might try answering my original question instead of deflecting.

You, I hope, can do better apologetics in the future. Losers deflect.

Regards

DL

• TrueLoveTrueLove 135 Pts   -   edited April 14
    TrueLove said:
    AlofRI said:
    TrueLove said:

That is quite evil. Just as evil hearted as those who would praise such a satanic god. 

The genocidal Armageddon Jesus, or the Jesus who said he came to cure and not kill.

Christians seem to like the genocidal Jesus instead of the do unto others Jesus.

Gnostic were correct to name Yahweh a demiurge and condemn him, while Christians took the moral low grond and honored evil, while calling it good. 

Regards
    DL
    You are not God, so no, you can't take your child's life.  You cannot take life then give it back.
    GnosticChristian
  • TrueLoveTrueLove 135 Pts   -   edited April 14
    @GnosticChristian

Every time you gave me an X, I thought it was a cross laying a little off center.  lol
    @GnosticChristian

Only immoral people will put words or ideas into an imaginary god with a satanic attitude.

There are a lot of Buddhists and Hindus and Pagans that do that.

Free will is another issue that the bible is quite clear on.

We do not have any. You should read some of it.

That is a false Calvinistic teaching.

Are non-believers doomed by Divine Design?

Scriptures say that God decides if a person will be a believer or non-believer. Those scriptures are shown in this link.

Those quotes seems to really screw up the free will notion that Christians say God gives us.

The free will that God offers is kind of a joke anyway given the number of people whose free will to live is ignored in the billions of adults, children and babies that God is shown to torture and murder in scriptures.

If the bible and Yahweh are to be believed, and as a non-believer, I, of course, cannot believe it, thanks to God, by God’s design and will against me, then why did God deny me belief or faith?

Even more important to believers, might be to answer the question of; did God make you a believer in things that you can only hope exists and can never confirm?

Are you happy with God ignoring or negating your free will to think as you please?

Again, it is false Calvinistic teaching you are talking about.  The Bible says no such thing.

I have assumed that God’s work of creating both believers and non-believers is working. If that is so, and you believers must think it so, just as I as a non-believer cannot think it is working, --- and Jesus said that those with faith could do all he did and more, --- then there is not even one believer or person of faith that has ever existed.

Either the bible and Christianity is all a lie, or there must be some who can do what Jesus did.

Jesus told his apostles that they would be able to do what he did and more.  There are no more apostles .

What is your choice of those two options?

I love teaching people the truth.  The Calvinistic teachings are false, and so are the teachings that all Christians can do what Jesus did and more.

I mean no insult here but someone is definitely lying, if we read what is written and look at reality and listen to Christians.

What do you think is the truth?

Is it just for God to create people doomed to hell even if they wanted to believe?

Many people, “Christians” teach wrong, and are taught the wrong things to believe about God, and they hinder others from getting saved.

You might try answering my original question instead of deflecting.

You, I hope, can do better apologetics in the future. Losers deflect.

Can you explain better to me on what you wanted answered? 

TrueLove said:
    TrueLove said:
    AlofRI said:
    TrueLove said:

Regards
    DL
    You are not God, so no, you can't take your child's life.  You cannot take life then give it back.
    Neither can your fictional god.

You hide behind such fantasies to ignore the immoral double moral standard that you show here, where you forgive your god for doing exactly what you would condemn in a man.

That double and hypocritical moral standard is why Christians always run from moral discussions.

Nice that you cannot just call in your inquisitors these days. That is all you have, as Yahweh is of no moral worth.

No genocidal god is worthy, unless like Christians, one calls evil good.

Regards
    DL 

TrueLove said:
    @GnosticChristian

Not if you are just going to ignore where you are refuted by the scriptures you say you follow.

You say that Jesus is your savior.

What did you do, that you are willing to abdicate your responsibilities for, a grave sin, and put your cross onto another man?

You would certainly not teach that to any child. Neither does the bible that you ignore.

Ezekiel 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Deuteronomy 24:16 (ESV) "Fathers shall not be put to death because of their children, nor shall children be put to death because of their fathers. Each one shall be put to death for his own sin.

The declaration which says that God visits the sins of the fathers upon the children is contrary to every principle of moral justice. [Thomas Paine, The Age of Reason]

You do need a savior. I agree with you. Do try to find one that is not so immoral and vile.

If you are with the Armageddon Jesus, you are akin to a member of Hitler's S.S.

Heil TrueLove.

Regards

DL

TrueLove said:
    TrueLove said:
    AlofRI said:
    TrueLove said:

Regards
    DL

You hide behind such fantasies to ignore the immoral double moral standard that you show here, where you forgive your god for doing exactly what you would condemn in a man.

That double and hypocritical moral standard is why Christians always run from moral discussions.

Nice that you cannot just call in your inquisitors these days. That is all you have, as Yahweh is of no moral worth.

Regards
    DL 

God gives life and can take it and give it again.
    Can you imagine how barbaric the people were back then when God wanted His children to destroy them?
    GnosticChristian
    TrueLove said:
    @GnosticChristian

Not if you are just going to ignore where you are refuted by the scriptures you say you follow.

What did you do, that you are willing to abdicate your responsibilities for, a grave sin, and put your cross onto another man?

You would certainly not teach that to any child. Neither does the bible that you ignore.

Ezekiel 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Deuteronomy 24:16 (ESV) "Fathers shall not be put to death because of their children, nor shall children be put to death because of their fathers. Each one shall be put to death for his own sin.

The declaration which says that God visits the sins of the fathers upon the children is contrary to every principle of moral justice. [Thomas Paine, The Age of Reason]

You do need a savior. I agree with you. Do try to find one that is not so immoral and vile.

Heil TrueLove.

Regards

DL

Jesus is God the Father come to earth as a man. 
    GnosticChristian
    TrueLove said:
    TrueLove said:
    TrueLove said:
    AlofRI said:
    TrueLove said:

Regards
    DL

Regards
    DL 

Can you imagine how barbaric the people were back then when God wanted His children to destroy them?
    It is demonstrable that you are a liar.

Whatever the people were, they, to you, should be god's creations and were created as he wanted them to be.

Oh ye of little faith.

Stop lying about god.

Regards
    DL
    TrueLove said:
    TrueLove said:
    @GnosticChristian

Heil TrueLove.

Regards

DL

Can't address the moral question and deflect to myth based garbage.

If Jesus is god, who did the choosing in 1Peter 1:20 0 ?

" He was chosen before the creation of the world, but was revealed in these last times for your sake."

You really should look at the vile morals you preach for.

Regards
    DL
    TrueLove said:
    TrueLove said:
    TrueLove said:
    AlofRI said:
    TrueLove said:

Regards
    DL

Regards
    DL 

Whatever the people were, they, to you, should be god's creations and were created as he wanted them to be.

Oh ye of little faith.

Stop lying about god.

Regards
    DL
    You believe in false Calvinistic teachings.  There is no such thing as God creating people to do bad.

TrueLove said:
    TrueLove said:
    @GnosticChristian

Heil TrueLove.

Regards

DL

" He was chosen before the creation of the world, but was revealed in these last times for your sake."

Regards
    DL
    What exactly are you talking about?
    TrueLove said:
    TrueLove said:
    TrueLove said:
    @GnosticChristian

Heil TrueLove.

Regards

DL

Regards
    DL
    Many moral things you see as good, and I see as evil.

You thinking that Jesus would ask you to sin against him and Jewish law, so that you might abdicate your own guilt, --- and put it onto another, --- even onto Jesus, is a vile and immoral position, that you advocate for.

Do you teach your children to blame another person for what they have done?

Of course not.

So why do you do it? 

Regards
    DL

TrueLove said:
    TrueLove said:
    TrueLove said:
    TrueLove said:
    AlofRI said:
    TrueLove said:

Regards
    DL

Regards
    DL 

Oh ye of little faith.

Stop lying about god.

Regards
    DL
    You believe in false Calvinistic teachings.  There is no such thing as God creating people to do bad.

Interesting.

Who creates bad people if not Yahweh?

What entity is his co-creator?

Do you see Yahweh's plan as on track or have we derailed it?

Regards
    DL

TrueLove said:
    TrueLove said:
    TrueLove said:
    @GnosticChristian

Heil TrueLove.

Regards

DL

Regards
    DL
    Many moral things you see as good, and I see as evil.

You thinking that Jesus would ask you to sin against him and Jewish law, so that you might abdicate your own guilt, --- and put it onto another, --- even onto Jesus, is a vile and immoral position, that you advocate for.

Do you teach your children to blame another person for what they have done?

Of course not.

So why do you do it? 

Regards
    DL

Jesus is God the Father come as a man.
    He came as a Son because He loved His creation.
    TrueLove said:
    TrueLove said:
    TrueLove said:
    TrueLove said:
    AlofRI said:
    TrueLove said:

Regards
    DL

Regards
    DL 

Oh ye of little faith.

Stop lying about god.

Regards
    DL

Interesting.

Who creates bad people if not Yahweh?

What entity is his co-creator?

Do you see Yahweh's plan as on track or have we derailed it?

Regards
    DL

No one derailed God's plan.

People chose to do bad.

People follow their god, or likely nature, given natures.

If you screw up it is your creators fault for giving you your sinners nature, --- that you cannot help but follow.

That is likely why you are too evil to recognize that you should condemn genocidal gods like your fictional piece of garbage.

I think we are done. Pearls before swine and all that.

Regards
    DL