frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

Face Masks and Vaccinations: If you're exempt from masks then you should be shielding anyway

Debate Information

Hi, 

I have recently just spent the last forty-five minutes sending an email to my local member of parliament for stricter measures to be put in place. I am going to copy and paste what I wrote with some stuff edited out for privacy reasons. And I would also like feedback on the argument I presented as well as your own thoughts on this topic. Thanks.

I am writing to ask if we can have stricter mitigations in place so as to reduce the risks of people getting infected by those that either refuse a vaccine and/or refuse to wear a face covering. I will be going back to work soon and I am concerned that some colleagues will refuse a vaccine for wild reasons that lack any evidential basis. What I propose in this situation is that it become mandatory that they provide a regular negative lateral flow test.

As for face coverings, our new company policy states that if you are exempt, you can wear a face visor. However, as several scientists have pointed out during this pandemic face visors do absolutely nothing to reduce the spread of covid. And I fear that some of my colleagues may use this new policy to only wear a face visor despite the fact that they managed to wear face masks with no trouble throughout last year. If they do this, they are significantly putting people at risk like myself who has a long-term health condition as well as the people I live with who also have long-term health conditions.

Furthermore, we are based in a fairly small working environment making social distancing difficult. It is, therefore, even more, imperative that face coverings are worn.

Moreover, if a person is so vulnerable that they cannot wear a face mask then it stands to reason that they should be shielding as much as reasonably possible anyway. The exemption of face coverings acts as a loophole that has and will continue to be abused by those that simply just don't want to wear one. If we want covid reduced as much as and as quickly as possible, and the avoidance of another lockdown, etc then this is where strict mitigation is needed.

To conclude, I propose making it mandatory that those that refuse vaccinations provide regular negative lateral flow tests, face visors being deemed unsuitable for reduction of covid risk, and that face masks continue to be worn at all times in working environments where social distancing is proving difficult.

Starlord616

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
Tie
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments