What is the biggest threat to Europe right now (Besides Covid)? - The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com - Debate Anything The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally by activity where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

What is the biggest threat to Europe right now (Besides Covid)?

Debate Information

Some people may say Brexit but is that really a threat? Other's may say Russia. What do you guys think and why?

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• anarchist100anarchist100 556 Pts   -   edited March 13
    @ZeusAres42
    The government using Covid-19 as an excuse to violate people's freedoms.

• @ZeusAres42
    The government using Covid-19 as an excuse to violate people's freedoms.

Are you for real?

• And how does that equate to the EU using covid to violate people's freedoms? And why would they want to do this?

• KhasimAmeduKhasimAmedu 127 Pts   -  
  • anarchist100anarchist100 556 Pts   -  
    @ZeusAres42
    Lockdowns are a violation of freedoms.
  • ZeusAres42ZeusAres42 Emerald Premium Member 2028 Pts   -   edited March 13

Actually, lockdowns are just temporary control measures whereby certain liberties are temporarily revoked. This isn't a violation.

@ZeusAres42
    The government doesn't care about your health.

• @ZeusAres42
    The government doesn't care about your health.

What is that they care about then?

@ZeusAres42
    They intend to gain more control over our lives, Covid will come an go, but the government will never forget how easy it was to control us.

• So, why is it that they want more control over us; what exactly is their motive, means, and opportunity? and how does this relate to covid? Can you at least elaborate?

• KhasimAmeduKhasimAmedu 127 Pts   -   edited March 14
    Whether the government control our lives or not, we were never free in the first place. Free will is not absolute, the principles and laws of the world still restrict our free will so why is it even relevant if governments control us or not. I'm playing devil's advocate here.

@anarchist100

• ZeusAres42ZeusAres42 Emerald Premium Member 2028 Pts   -   edited March 14
    Whether the government control our lives or not, we were never free in the first place. Free will is not absolute, the principles and laws of the world still restrict our free will so why is it even relevant if governments control us or not. I'm playing devil's advocate here.
    Edit: Sorry, didn't realize you were talking to Anarchist.

@ZeusAres42

There are theories suggesting that the Government used COVID-19 merely to distract and avert us from something bigger that needed to be inconspicuous in order to to maintain the secret agenda. I didn't believe this until I remembered the report from the Wuhan scientist that this virus was created in a Wuhan lab. The theory then assumes that governments around the world were working together in order to create a sufficient distraction in which they succeeded.  What do you think of this theory?
  • DeeDee 4301 Pts   -   edited March 14
    @anarchist100

I’m from the Republic of Ireland and the reason we are and remain this strict is because at Christmas i-d-i-o-t-s ran amok with parties and meet ups , people over here are very social and when restrictions are even lifted slightly they go nuts.

This isn’t about “government control “ it’s about saving lives.You know what happened after the Christmas partying people died and others got very ill the long term effects of Covid can be devastating, I cannot comprehend how you and others are so utterly self centered and believe your “rights “ to damage society should be given respect and honoured 

I predicted that Christmas partying would cause havoc over here and it did I also correctly said families and friends would be ripped apart in families that lost loved ones as the blame game started 

My wife and have kept to ourselves and met no one at Christmas or anytime during Covid yet completely selfish b-a-s-t-a-r-d-s ignore the rules for their fleeting pleasures and people like you think it “wonderful “ as it is them excercising their “rights” 
    ZeusAres42
  • DeeDee 4301 Pts   -   edited March 14
    @KhasimAmedu

There are theories suggesting that the Government used COVID-19 merely to distract and avert us from something bigger that needed to be inconspicuous in order to to maintain the secret agenda.

That theory is utterly ridiculous, really ? Governments of the world all jointly set about destroying their economies for some unnamed goal

The theory then assumes that governments around the world were working together in order to create a sufficient distraction in which they succeeded.  What do you think of this theory?

“The theory” LOL ..... so what does the “theory” say this sufficient distraction was for whats the goal?

Its utter nonsense 
    ZeusAres42KhasimAmedu
  • DeeDee 4301 Pts   -  
    @anarchist100

The government using Covid-19 as an excuse to violate people's freedoms

Why would they want to violate “rights” for what purpose? It’s ruining their economies so why would they do it? 

Do you seriously give topics any thought before posting? 
    ZeusAres42
  • Debater123Debater123 576 Pts   -  
    @ZeusAres42 Perhaps the mass influx of migrants from the Middle East.
    @Dee

Yeah it's only a theory and nothing more. Theories of a secret agenda have been around for a while now, I wonder why?
  • LiamThePersonLiamThePerson 630 Pts   -  
    @KhasimAmedu It's less than a theory. Theories need to have even a bit of evidence, while it does not.
  • DeeDee 4301 Pts   -  
    @KhasimAmedu

Yeah it's only a theory and nothing more.

You need to look up the definition of the term theory

Theories of a secret agenda have been around for a while now, I wonder why?

If an “agenda” is secret how can it be around? I don’t wonder as You Tube is full of this nonsense 
    Disregarding something as a theory just because it's ridiculous is not logical.

Theories are ideas or speculation of a certain thing. 

I agree that this theory is somewhat ridiculous but I don't disregard it in anyway.

Are you saying that if something is secret it cannot exist? I don't know much about this theory so I couldn't tell you what it's based on. Probably "leaks" of the secret agenda or something.

@Dee
  • DeeDee 4301 Pts   -  
    @KhasimAmedu

Disregarding something as a theory just because it's ridiculous is not logical.

It’s ridiculous because there is no evidence for it 

Theories are ideas or speculation of a certain thing

Look up the term “theory “ and tell me how your piece is one 

I agree that this theory is somewhat ridiculous but I don't disregard it in anyway.

Good for you , I do because you’ve presented no evidence for it 

Are you saying that if something is secret it cannot exist?

Show me where I said that ?

I don't know much about this theory so I couldn't tell you what it's based on. 

I know 

Probably "leaks" of the secret agenda or something.

Whats the “secret agenda” ?
    LiamThePersonZeusAres42
    @Dee

This is not my theory, but a theory that has been around for a while. If you want evidence as just as to how these theories are in any way credible then do your own research. Oh wait, I forgot to mention that this is a conspiracy theory.

Conspiracy theory - a belief that some covert but influential organization is responsible for a circumstance or event.

• DeeDee 4301 Pts   -  
    @KhasimAmedu

And  the appeal to a conspiracy is based on prejudice or insufficient evidence
    @Dee
    Conspiracy theories are based on actual events and are mainly attempts to explain those events in a way that rejects the accepted narrative surrounding that event. So conspiracy theories are not baseless nor are they based on prejudice. As for the insufficient evidence I can agree that a lot of conspiracy theories are based on insufficient explanations of a certain event.

• DeeDee 4301 Pts   -  
     @KhasimAmedu

As for the insufficient evidence I can agree that a lot of conspiracy theories are based on insufficient explanations of a certain event.

Yes that’s the point the one you put forward fits in this category 
    Yeah, I never said that this conspiracy theory did not fit this category.

@Dee
    @Dee
    Ok than, why else would they do it? It kills old and sick people who cost the state money, and as you said the response ruins the economy, so do explain to me why they do it if it is not for the reason I believe it to be for.
  • anarchist100anarchist100 556 Pts   -   edited March 15
    @ZeusAres42
    I suppose it's a bit of a social experiment, see how people will react to these restrictions for future purposes, such as micro-chipping and forced sterilization.
  • DeeDee 4301 Pts   -  
    @anarchist100

Ok than, why else would they do it?

Do you actually read what people say ? I told you in my post why we have restrictions where I am did you even read it ?

It kills old and sick people who cost the state money,

You truly are mentally unwell , you’re saying old people deserve no protection because they are old seriously?

How are they costing the state money in retirement if they paid for a pension ?

What is wrong with selfish people like you?  I never get how you’re so uncaring regards others 

and as you said the response ruins the economy, so do explain to me why they do it if it is not for the reason I believe it to be 

The response is to stop the entire population from being sick and the health service being overrun so your solution is open everything and let chaos reign 

Also you never gave a reason 
    @Dee
    1: I read it, you think they do things to be nice.
    2: I don't think old and sick people should die, but the state does, because old and sick people cost them money, why would they keep them around?
    3: Why do they care about people getting sick? What good does other people's health do the government?