Should we have a white history month? - The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com - Debate Anything The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally by activity where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

DebateIsland Referral Program: Get a Free Month of DebateIsland Diamond Premium Membership ($4.99 Value) Per Each New User That You Refer!

Should we have a white history month?

Debate Information

We have Black history month, Asian history month, why not White history month? White people have contributed quite a lot to history just like Black people, and Asian people, so why not a White history month? (I'm not racist).

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Arguments

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• Keal192NXQ2Keal192NXQ2 240 Pts   -  
    @anarchist100 Black history month was well-received because it was trying to negate the horrible things that happened to black people. White people never experienced such discrimination, retched actions, or intentional unfairness on the same level as black people. 
    ZeusAres42TreeManGeorge_Horse
  • xlJ_dolphin_473xlJ_dolphin_473 1385 Pts   -  
    @anarchist100
    I don't think we should have Black History Month, because it gives an excuse for people to forget about black history for the rest of the year. In fact, I think black history should just be a normal part of history, rather than partitioned into one segment of the year. Same goes for all heritages.
    ZeusAres42anarchist100TreeManJeffreyBlankenshipDebater123smoothie
  • DeeDee 3865 Pts   -   edited March 29

Should we have a white history month?

Where I live schools just teach History what is the point of all these divisive debate topics ?

Kids just want to learn History without all this constant categorizing things by race 
    NomenclatureZeusAres42anarchist100TreeMan
  • @anarchist100 Black history month was well-received because it was trying to negate the horrible things that happened to black people. White people never experienced such discrimination, retched actions, or intentional unfairness on the same level as black people. 

What Life Was Like For POWs In Europe During The Second World War | Imperial War Museums (iwm.org.uk)
    BRUTAL TREATMENT OF POWS BY THE JAPANESE AND ATROCITIES BY U.S. SOLDIERS | Facts and Details
    Forced labor of Hungarians in the Soviet Union - Wikipedia
    ZeusAres42TreeMan
  • @anarchist100

Do you want a white history month? I personally would love to see the contributions made by the color white or how about the color pink they are the minority in the realm of the colored grade of people. Just how many colors of people are there, White, Black, Yellow, Red, Pink, and blue? The blue might be rarer than the pink.
    ZeusAres42TreeManDebater123
  • LiamThePersonLiamThePerson 572 Pts   -  
    Most of the history we teach is about white people, so every month is effectively white history month. 
    ZeusAres42PlaffelvohfenOakTownA
  • Debater123Debater123 500 Pts   -  
    @anarchist100 I strongly believe that there should be no history month dedicated to a single race, there should be no such thing as White history, or Black history, or Asian history, or any other race-based history, there is only American history, end of the story.
    xlJ_dolphin_473ZeusAres42LiamThePersonanarchist100TreeMansmoothie
  • NomenclatureNomenclature 569 Pts   -   edited March 29
    I strongly believe that there should be no history month dedicated to a single race, there should be no such thing as White history, or Black history, or Asian history, or any other race-based history, there is only American history, end of the story.

I don't see how nationalism is any less harmful than racism. 
    Debater123

• I agree. The US appears to be getting even more and more divisive by the day.
    PlaffelvohfenTreeMansmoothie

• @anarchist100 I strongly believe that there should be no history month dedicated to a single race, there should be no such thing as White history, or Black history, or Asian history, or any other race-based history, there is only American history, end of the story.
    Color is a basic principle and is not unconstitutional as a category in the open expression of history the concern would be in relationship to voicing grievances without governing for tranquility, as people we tend to coach witnessing in our education process of history no matter the color. Where it is not always intentional it creates harm never less about the only thing we know as historical correct is White&yellow people are the race who have raged world war on each other. While all colors of people have raged territorial wars against each other.

With a part of the negative out of the way, all colors of people have contributed to many of the great things the world has to offer, design, food, fashion, art, medicine, farming, and culture in general. To specifical identify contributions to humanity by color may be awkward it is not the same level of grievance stated by ideas like white power. Here again, we are going over the understanding of basic principles and the Consitutional amendment defining a united state within at least liberty and freedom as the 1st Amendment to American Consitution. Civil rights through valuable are not anywhere near the expression of consitutional right bound by united state in unions made with law.

The idea o civil right has much to do with intolerance for the narrow idea of obstacles people help create by injustice, what should be noted however is the American Declaration of Independence and United State Consitutional was designed to work against Monarchies of all kinds and this would include those type giving process found popular in Africa.
    LiamThePerson
  • DeeDee 3865 Pts   -  
    @Debater123 ;

there is only American history, end of the story.

A truly ignorant remark only a certain type of American would make 
    Debater123
  • Debater123Debater123 500 Pts   -  
    @Dee You didn't really get what I meant, right?
  • DeeDee 3865 Pts   -  
    @ZeusAres42

I agree. The US appears to be getting even more and more divisive by the day. 

I’ve never seen a nation like them so determined to tear each other apart.

I watched in astonishment last night a 15 minute speech from Trump when he and Hillary were running for president , Trump spent 15 minutes attacking her viciously as the audience watched on , I never liked Hillary but having said that I found it unbelievable that Trump would stoop this low and yet they loved him for it 

How can you expect anymore from a country with two parties that detest each other and are poles apart in every way 
    PlaffelvohfenZeusAres42LiamThePerson
  • DeeDee 3865 Pts   -  
    @Debater123

You didn't really get what I meant, right?

Oh here we go your usual dance where you say one thing but meant something completely different , why don’t you learn to communicate what you wish to say instead of constantly amending your statements?
    Debater123
  • @Dee
    How can you expect anymore from a country with two parties that detest each other and are poles apart in every way 
    But they are both from the same party....
  • DeeDee 3865 Pts   -  
    @John_C_87

What are you on about man?
  • Starlord616Starlord616 358 Pts   -  
    We have Black history month, Asian history month, why not White history month? White people have contributed quite a lot to history just like Black people, and Asian people, so why not a White history month? (I'm not racist).
    white history has always been taught and celebrated because of racism and the idea that history is written by the victors. this is why we have no need to single out a specific time to further celebrate or recognise white history. On the other hand something like black history has been and still is highly underrepresented and unfortunately many people have to go out of their way to learn about the amazing contributions of many non-white indiviudals.
  • MichaelElpersMichaelElpers 791 Pts   -   edited March 29
    My question is if we really don't think race matters why are we considering the race of people being taught in history?  Has anyone considered that people just teach history based on how large they think their contribution to society was?  Depending on the country you live in that is going to include different people.
    I personally remember people based on what they did, and I don't stop to think what race they belong to.

Stop pointing out people's race...they are individuals period.
    xlJ_dolphin_473
  • anarchist100anarchist100 447 Pts   -   edited March 29
    @xlJ_dolphin_473 @Dee @Debater123 @MichaelElpers
    I agree, this is just my response to the whole black history month idea.
    Debater123
  • @Starlord616
    white history has always been taught and celebrated because of racism and the idea that history is written by the victors. 
    No, history is not written by the victors...
    LiamThePerson
  • TreeManTreeMan 172 Pts   -  
    Dee said:
    @ZeusAres42

I agree. The US appears to be getting even more and more divisive by the day. 

I’ve never seen a nation like them so determined to tear each other apart.

I watched in astonishment last night a 15 minute speech from Trump when he and Hillary were running for president , Trump spent 15 minutes attacking her viciously as the audience watched on , I never liked Hillary but having said that I found it unbelievable that Trump would stoop this low and yet they loved him for it 

The 2016 election was filled with media bias an foreign intervention. The Kremlin waged a massive disinformation scheme against Hilary, and the media covered her unimportant emails that were perfectly legal 3 times more than any other political issue, like racism, sexism, foreign policy and the environment. Jim Comey, the corrupt FBI leader, helped spread rumours about the emails. He didn’t even do any investigation into Kremlin interference, even after a mountain of proof. An investigation only started 11 days before Election Day, and Trump fired him afterwards for ‘unfair bias against him’. Joke of the century.
    @Dee
    DeeCYDdhartaDebater123
  • DeeDee 3865 Pts   -  
    @TreeMan

Trump fired him afterwards for ‘unfair bias against him’. Joke of the century.

That is a joke indeed and coming from Trump more so.

Thanks for your piece very informative indeed 
  • Starlord616Starlord616 358 Pts   -  
    John_C_87 said:
    @Starlord616
    white history has always been taught and celebrated because of racism and the idea that history is written by the victors. 
    sure not 100% of the time but the majority of lasting mainstream media is. 
  • George_HorseGeorge_Horse 496 Pts   -   edited March 30
    Would be nice, but considering the amount of things we've done, can such a month be devoted to massive achievements/celebration of successes? That being said, I wouldn't oppose the creation of this lol.
    "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? " ~Epicurus

"A communist is like a crocodile" ~Winston Churchill

We're born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we're not alone.~Orson Welles
  • CYDdhartaCYDdharta 1495 Pts   -  
    TreeMan said:

The 2016 election was filled with media bias an foreign intervention. The Kremlin waged a massive disinformation scheme against Hilary, and the media covered her unimportant emails that were perfectly legal 3 times more than any other political issue, like racism, sexism, foreign policy and the environment. Jim Comey, the corrupt FBI leader, helped spread rumours about the emails. He didn’t even do any investigation into Kremlin interference, even after a mountain of proof. An investigation only started 11 days before Election Day, and Trump fired him afterwards for ‘unfair bias against him’. Joke of the century.
    @Dee

The only significant foreign intervention was Hillary buying disinformation from the Russian and peddling it to both the media to try to help her flailing campaign and the FBI to undermine Trump's campaign.  Anyone else would have gone to jail for intentionally mishandling classified materials the way she did.
    Debater123
  • John_C_87 said:
    @Starlord616
    sure not 100% of the time but the majority of lasting mainstream media is. 
    No, it is not the very idea is a figure of speech to give credit to witness accounts of history that occurs.
  • Dee said:
    @John_C_87

What are you on about man?

Trump was a registered Democrat, Mrs. Clinton, and Exsecutive officer Trump had been rivals in the same democratic party any animosity was created while they had been themselves held in a pretentious united state. Exsecutive officer Trump changed parties and it may have more to do with a personal issue with democracy itself than having a conviction for the republic as a united state, What I am talking about is when addressing America the nation only has one political party and that is Republican political party.

• Contribution to White history month.
    A piece of White History.
    How historically black colleges helped rescue Jewish refugees
    How historically black colleges helped rescue Jewish refugees - The Washington Post
  • smoothiesmoothie 418 Pts   -  
    Every other month is white history month so no lol

But yeah having a month dedicated to some history specifically for a certain race is pretty weird to me
    xlJ_dolphin_473
    why so serious?
  • ProlifeInformerProlifeInformer 19 Pts   -  
    @anarchist100 How about we stop the racism, and stop having special history based on skin color?
    anarchist100
  • Cringe_TrainCringe_Train 210 Pts   -  
    @anarchist100

I think creating a white history month right now would just be seen as racist with everything going on in the media. Also, white people haven't had to face the same issues that colored people did. Furthermore, the schoolbooks rarely mention black people, there are plenty of influential people of color throughout history but we just don't learn about them that much. What i'm getting at is a white history month seems unnecessary ad it would just cause drama.
  • Exploitation is always a fine line no matter the color of the person who is exploited.
  • SonofasonSonofason 303 Pts   -  
    What the Jews experienced was far worse than what blacks ever experienced.  So, to hell with BHM and BLM.  All human beings matter, and those who try to set themselves on a pedestal, as if they somehow matter more, matter the least IMO.
    Debater123