are the sayings "White Pride" or "White Power" racist? - The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com - Debate Anything The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally by activity where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

DebateIsland Referral Program: Get a Free Month of DebateIsland Diamond Premium Membership ($4.99 Value) Per Each New User That You Refer!

are the sayings "White Pride" or "White Power" racist?

Debate Information

I don't think so, let me clarify I do not agree with "White Power" or "White Pride", I really don't think race is relevant, but I don't don't think it's racist for a white person to be proud of their race. No one says it is racist to say "Black Power" or "Black Pride" so why is it racist feel the same way about your whiteness? Are black people great and white people are demons now? That's VERY racist! And the people who advocate for this "White Shamming" (The deeply racist folks) should consider that black people would have done the same thing (slavery, apartheid, ect) roles had been reversed, so there is nothing wrong with being white, if you want to shame someone shame humans, because it's human nature that's to blame, not "White Nature" If I see someone saying "White Pride" I don't agree with them but it really doesn't seem racist to me. in short the reason you can say "Black Pride" but not "White Pride" is because of these deeply racist "White Shamers" who claim that whiteness itself is the very essence of the oppression of black people.
George_Horse

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Arguments

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• Happy_KillbotHappy_Killbot 4759 Pts   -  
    This is one of those touchy subjects where you almost have to know the intention of the person who is making the statement. You could be a legitimate racist and then try to claim plausible deniability in an attempt to dodge discovery. Or, you could just be oblivious.

Typically when someone says "black pride" they do not mean to imply that black people are superior in some way to the other races, although I will have to concede that it could be used that way.

Pillsbury DoughBoy  Memes and Funnies  Pinterest  Pillsbury
    jeleysePlaffelvohfenAlofRIZeusAres42
    At some point in the distant past, the universe went through a phase of cosmic inflation,
    Stars formed, planets coalesced, and on at least one of them life took root.
    Through a long process of evolution this life 
    developed into the human race.
    Humans conquered fire, built complex societies and advanced technology .

All of that so we can argue about nothing.
  • DeeDee 3865 Pts   -   edited March 30
    If I see someone saying "White Pride" I don't agree with them but it really doesn't seem racist to me. in short the reason you can say "Black Pride" but not "White Pride" is because of these deeply racist "White Shamers" who claim that whiteness itself is the very essence of the oppression of black people.

Why wouldn’t you agree with them if it’s a harmless logo ?

The problem here is America treated blacks historically like dirt and unfortunately if I see an American rally and a load of people wearing “white pride “ T shirts I don’t not get the impression they are friends of blacks or black rights , are my impressions flawed ? 

White pride is a white supermacist slogan used by extremist groups in the US if you claim otherwise I would like to hear why 

• @Dee
    The problem here is America treated blacks historically like dirt and unfortunately if I see an American rally and a load of people wearing “white pride “ T shirts I don’t not get the impression they are friends of blacks or black rights , are my impressions flawed ? 

Your impressions are flawed Dee most countries treat POWs poorly and white supremacy is not an honest description of a united state shared by the identification of white power groups. The basic principle of being colored white is not enough, nor is it the basic principle behind grievance as a group accurate, it is a sales pitch. When looking at the overall issue of identifying various problems correctly the overall instruction given to people who would be, or will become a witness to violations of the American Consitution can have a negative impact on what is the whole truth. The 1st Amendment is taken out of its legal context to the United state of Consitutional principle of republic by democracy.

White power has the same basic flaw that Black power had as we learn that some colors of white are not white enough, and some colors of black are not black enough, and why is this? It is because the basic grievance stated by the groups is not the truth, the ideas of segregation by principle are from people as a whole and the union of consitution and not the separation of people by color. The accountability is on the state of the more perfect union in the holding of tranquility for the better course of justice and liberty during the inquiries to find justice.

We are talking about the difference between a filed grievance about harasment as either threat or warning and the acts of criminal perjury. Civil restitution is not equated to justice as years later the ruling can be overturned and any compensation in the forms of credit or money can be lost with little to no warning.
  • AlofRIAlofRI 1361 Pts   -   edited March 30
    The sayings may not be, but, the intention is. NO DOUBT.

Also, The phrase "Black Power" WAS intended to be a defensive phrase, at least in the beginning. The phrase "White Power" was/is, has always been, offensive. Had we never heard the offensive one it's likely we never would have heard the defensive one.
    ZeusAres42Happy_Killbot
  • @AlofRI
    The terms are races but racism is not legally legislated as a legitimate crime. The legislation is an attack on the credibility of the American United States Constitution. The other connection that is not represented by education instruction is specifically in relationship to Africa and England is the shared idea of the Monarchy form of governing.
    AlofRI
  • AlofRI said:
    The sayings may not be, but, the intention is. NO DOUBT.

Also, The phrase "Black Power" WAS intended to be a defensive phrase, at least in the beginning. The phrase "White Power" was/is, has always been, offensive. Had we never heard the offensive one it's likely we never would have heard the defensive one.
    My thoughts exactly. I would say the intention behind them especially with respect to the US is racism. Personally, I don't see the need for these divisive statements. They only breed more racism without ever actually solving the race war. @AlofRI

Happy_KillbotAlofRI

• George_HorseGeorge_Horse 496 Pts   -  
    Its okay to be proud of one's skin. For the actions of many, should not discourage a fellow from taking pride in himself or his people, as long as he does not carry on the same dreadful ideologies/feelings. :)
    "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? " ~Epicurus

"A communist is like a crocodile" ~Winston Churchill

We're born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we're not alone.~Orson Welles
  • NomenclatureNomenclature 569 Pts   -  
    @anarchist100

No one says it is racist to say "Black Power" or "Black Pride" so why is it racist feel the same way about your whiteness? 

Well, in fairness many people do say that. The American right has made "reverse racism" into an issue.

That said, power is not distributed evenly in the United States and I'm pretty confident whites still have the majority of it. I don't think it's really about whether you are chanting "white power" or "black power". It is more about whether you are trying to fight oppression or create it.

• @Nomenclature That said, power is not distributed evenly in the United States and I'm pretty confident whites still have the majority of it. The idea of power distribution and democracy is contradictory to governing and oppression is a part of governing, where the power can be the cause of the oppression as a republic is a certain equality between members. Well, in fairness many people do say that. The American right has made "reverse racism" into an issue. Reverse racism is mixed-race love, couples building relationship it is the opposite of racism and not racism on a different race.
  • @ZeusAres42

Racism as an issue is a scientific observation that is in use as a public notion and is not being disclosed as part of the truth of when and how the shared traits of color have been added to the expression of grievance in the search for that state of the union that could provide a balance of consitutional right publicly. The important consitutional debate to remember is racism is not illegal it is the harassment, taunting, and threats that are illegal and can be punished in a legal way.

So, what does this mean when preserving a united state by holding it in the union of constitution? Freedom of speech can require proof by those who are saying words to form a peaceful assembly. It means to preserve the united state a new number 1 Amendment my need to take be placed above the existing 1st Amendment. As we the people must ratify a state of the union between freedom and liberty as human experience has proven itself not to be explicit enough to be governed properly.
  • smoothiesmoothie 418 Pts   -  
    The context matters.

With these sayings....If you are proud of being white just because you are white (kinda weird but okay) then its not racist.

If you are proud of being white because you believe you are superior to other races then its racist.
    why so serious?
  • piloteerpiloteer 1274 Pts   -  
    @anarchist100

If you so much as believe that there are different human races, then you are a racist. Race cannot be deciphered through DNA. There is no scientific basis for the concept of race. It is only a social construction. If you believe that there's a white race, or a black race, then you are a racist. Yes, when someone says "black power", they are indeed racist. But since our entire education system was created and applied by people with light colored skin, and it was tailored so those light colored skinned people can be taught that they are superior, then how much of an issue is it that people with dark colored skin can assert that they are not inferior to people with light colored skin? "Black Power" is an assertion that people with dark colored skin are equal to people with light colored skin. "White Power" is an assertion that people with light colored skin are superior. Black Power is freedom. White Power is oppression by means of a superfluous education system.   
  • ProlifeInformerProlifeInformer 19 Pts   -  
    @Happy_Killbot I don't care about skin color, I care about souls.
    anarchist100
  • Happy_KillbotHappy_Killbot 4759 Pts   -  
    @ProlifeInformer ;

Well, I don't believe in souls, nor do I put emphasis on skin color. I guess there is nothing to contend with.
    At some point in the distant past, the universe went through a phase of cosmic inflation,
    Stars formed, planets coalesced, and on at least one of them life took root.
    Through a long process of evolution this life 
    developed into the human race.
    Humans conquered fire, built complex societies and advanced technology .

All of that so we can argue about nothing.