frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

A Professional Golfer was recently Black listed for making a derogatory comment under his breath.

Debate Information

A few months ago, a professional Golfer was overheard on a field mike, calling himself a "Faggot", under his breath, after making what he considered a bad putt. The outrage from the PC thought police was, as always, self righteous, judgmental, and far overblown.

He lost sponserships and had to apologize numerous times, intervue after intervue.

I'm not here to justify any derogatory remarks made towards any group of people. I myself have never felt the need to use derogatory names towards groups of people. It is childish and immature, but in the heat of anger, still happens.
I'm creating this debate to show the unbelievable hypocrisy from this Political correct Cancel Culture.

I want you to honestly admit how many times you have heard millions of Americans taking the Lord's name in vain, with absolutely no condemnation for doing so. Why is it ok to offend millions of Christians by using their Lord Jesus Christ as a swear word? I have heard many Golfers caught on the mike, taking the Lord's name in vain, and not a word mentioned.

Why the hypocritical double standards? Why no outrage from these Leftwing thought police? Why no lost sponserships when it is Christians being insulted? Do you see how cancel culture only works for groups in bed with the Left?

Why is it that LGBT groups, Black groups, Feminist groups, etc. are the few groups garnering all the self righteous indignation when people use slang words that offend?

Newsflash, many people make rude, obnoxious, insulting remarks out of anger. Does this make it ok? NO, but do you want a society of Black listing, Cancel culture, Leftist thought police just waiting for their next victim to judge and humiliate, all to pander to their political base?

I am offended everytime someone says Jesus Christ  out of anger. I believe they should try to respect others when speaking in public. Do I want the thought police jumping down their throat for daring to say such a thing, for daring to offend Christians? NO!
This cancel culture has got to STOP! America is a nation of freedom, of free speech. We can say offensive things out of anger, that may offend others, without some self righteous Leftist putting them on a Black list.

Is it ok to slander groups, with derogatory words, hurting so many in the process? NO! It's not ok to be so childish as to lable groups with demeaning names. It's been going on forever, but we can not become so high and mighty to judge and destroy someone for making some comment out of anger. You can not pick and choose which groups get special treatment! You can not pretend to be offended only when it's your groups being insulted.

Do you really want to live in a world of Big Brother Thought Police watching your every word? Stop with your political grandstanding. Stop with your special treatment to politically correct groups who fund your elections! Should we strive for a world whereby people of all persuasions are respected? Yes, but we should be doing it in a non partisan across the board manner. No need for special mention of any political correct group. All people deserve respect, and this is the message that should be lifted up. No lables needed. No group getting special mention over others.

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
Tie
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments