How do you prove a certain deity to exist? - The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com - Debate Anything The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally by activity where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

DebateIsland Referral Program: Get a Free Month of DebateIsland Diamond Premium Membership ($4.99 Value) Per Each New User That You Refer!

How do you prove a certain deity to exist?

Debate Information

Assuming that someone proves that atheism is invalid, the obvious next step would be to prove that a certain deity exists. Ignoring how atheism could be declared invalid in the first place, how would a certain deity or group of deities be proven to exist as opposed to the thousands of others? 

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Arguments

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• DeeDee 3941 Pts   -   edited April 28
    Assuming that someone proves that atheism is invalid

Atheism is the rejection of a claim regarding a god as their is insufficient evidence to support the claim  , I do not understand your statement as given

PlaffelvohfenTreeMan
  • LiamThePersonLiamThePerson 607 Pts   -  
    @Dee I'm not saying there is a reason that atheism has been disproven, I'm supposing a situation in which it has been. 
  • AlofRIAlofRI 1390 Pts   -  
    Look up in the sky and ask yourself if it's a bird ... or a plane.  :frowning:
    @LiamThePerson

I'm not saying there is a reason that atheism has been disproven

Nor have I even suggested that as the statement makes no sense 

I'm supposing a situation in which it has been

That still makes no sense how do you disprove the rejection of a claim? How would one go about that?

LiamThePerson
    @Dee That is a good question. Let's, for the sake of the original point of the argument, assume that science has exposed clear irregularities that are shown to be the work of a deity or spiritual force. The problem is after this step, though. How would theists prove that it is their God that caused those?
  • DeeDee 3941 Pts   -  
    @LiamThePerson

That is a good question.Let's, for the sake of the original point of the argument, assume that science has exposed clear irregularities that are shown to be the work of a deity or spiritual force. 

No offence but how is this in anyway addressing my question?

If scientists demonstrated a spiritual force existed 

The problem is after this step, though. How would theists prove that it is their God that caused those?

This is a totally different question and something you would have to ask theists not I 
    @Dee
    Honestly it's besides the point. Just come up with some way that it could be proven that there is a deity. It doesn't really matter to the central point. 
    @LiamThePerson

Honestly it's besides the point.

Really ? It’s part of your debate topic? 

Just come up with some way that it could be proven that there is a deity.

You’ve totally lost me 

You say ....  How would theists prove that it is their God that caused those?

By using their Bible , Quran to make their point regarding their god being the one true god isn’t that what they do anyway ?

It doesn't really matter to the central point

I will leave you with it you’ve lost me 
    TreeMan
    @Dee
    I think I'm fundamentally misunderstanding you here. Can you restate your question for clarity? I was under the impression that you were asking for an example of how atheism could be disproven, but I think you're trying to get at something else. 
  • DeeDee 3941 Pts   -  
    @LiamThePerson

I think I'm fundamentally misunderstanding you here. Can you restate your question for clarity?

But I stated my question and you said it wasn’t relevant , right ?

I was under the impression that you were asking for an example of how atheism could be disproven,

I explained what Atheism is and how your comments regarding such made no sense 

but I think you're trying to get at something else

I answered your other concern quiet clearly as in .....

You say ....  How would theists prove that it is their God that caused those?

By using their Bible , Quran to make their point regarding their god being the one true god isn’t that what they do anyway ?
    @Dee
    But I stated my question and you said it wasn’t relevant , right ?
    I don't know exactly what you were asking, so my declaration there was premature. 
    I explained what Atheism is and how your comments regarding such made no sense 
    If you're trying to say that an absence of belief can't be disproven, it can. For example, If I say that I don't believe my friend Bob is capable of doing a pushup, and he does a pushup, then my lack of belief has been invalidated. 

I apologize if I'm sounding like John_C_87 here. Did my statement above properly address your question?
  • bjinthirtybjinthirty 71 Pts   -   edited April 29
    Assuming that someone proves that atheism is invalid, the obvious next step would be to prove that a certain deity exists. Ignoring how atheism could be declared invalid in the first place, how would a certain deity or group of deities be proven to exist as opposed to the thousands of others? 

Deities, gods, religion, entities, paranormal, angels, demons, science, black jesus, animal gods, nature gods, zeus, zoltan, barney, Rayden, aragorn, etc... 

What you seek an answer to is far much complex even with some proof.

The only one I can think of related to your question is the apparation of the Virgin Mary on Juan Diegos shrine to carry the roses he was told.

To this day no scientist can explain how Juan Diego was able to produce that image onto that piece of shrine. Also, there have been reports where a fire broke out near the shrine on display at the sacred place stored and everything burned but the piece where the Virgin Mary image appears. That was still undamaged in original form. 

It is things like these that bring in the millions of believers and you do not need the validation of one person, group, or vatican because people solely believe it. Not persuaded into doing it.
  • SwolliwSwolliw 807 Pts   -  
    @LiamThePerson
    Atheism is the rejection of a claim regarding a god as their is insufficient evidence to support the claim  , I do not understand your statement as given (Dee)

I think that you really and truly have your Calvin Kleines in a twist.

I also think that the forum deserves a much better effort than this OP.

• DeeDee 3941 Pts   -   edited April 29
    @LiamThePerson

If you're trying to say that an absence of belief can't be disproven, it can. For example, If I say that I don't believe my friend Bob is capable of doing a pushup, and he does a pushup, then my lack of belief has been invalidated. 

What you’re saying is if evidence of a god is demonstrated then my lack of belief Is invalidated right , thank you for clarifying 

I apologize if I'm sounding like John_C_87 here. Did my statement above properly address your question?

No offence but as written it did sound a bit like JC . Regards the rest of your point all believers would claim this god as their own unless the god demonstrated otherwise 

Swolliw said:
    @LiamThePerson
    Atheism is the rejection of a claim regarding a god as their is insufficient evidence to support the claim  , I do not understand your statement as given (Dee)

I think that you really and truly have your Calvin Kleines in a twist.

I also think that the forum deserves a much better effort than this OP.

I'm not aware of what you're trying to say here. Are you just trying to insult me?
  • mickygmickyg 340 Pts   -  
    Not one god can be proven to exist as claimed since 20,000 children starve to death every day.
    But a god that only claims to make wine out of FLINT MICHIGAN WATER that is good with fish?
    Why not.  @LiamThePerson
    @mickyg I wouldn't know. I'm not a theist. 
  • bjinthirtybjinthirty 71 Pts   -  
    Dee said:
    @LiamThePerson

What you’re saying is if evidence of a god is demonstrated then my lack of belief Is invalidated right , thank you for clarifying 

No offence but as written it did sound a bit like JC . Regards the rest of your point all believers would claim this god as their own unless the god demonstrated otherwise 

daaaaaaaaaaaaaayum dogg. This foo does some real critical thinking. Dang real g right here watch out nerds. This one can take what you say and say the opposite. Wow, sign my mouse pad . 
    LiamThePerson
  • DeeDee 3941 Pts   -  
    @bjinthirty

daaaaaaaaaaaaaayum dogg. This foo does some real critical thinking. Dang real g right here watch out nerds. This one can take what you say and say the opposite.

I know what you’re saying qualifies as “worthy “ amongst you and your white trash fiends as conversation , nothing more tragic than a white unemployed nerd like you trying to sound “edgy” and cool while in fact you just looking for approval from me , bow your fat head and I may pat  it ......good boy 

Wow, sign my mouse pad

Is that an American thing where id-iots like you wail and sulk unless your mouse pad is signed by your newest crush ?

BTW I read the title of your latest debate and couldn’t stop laughing at your hilarious description of a “trick “ you use to “mystify” people .......keep the laughs coming dawggggg