Where does the power of the majority to exercise power over the minority come from?
Back To Top
It seems to me that we all recognize that certain laws passed by a democratic majority, that would violate our own moral principles, are indefensible, and indeed illegitimate. If this is true, where do the majority draw their power from? is this not just another form of tyranny? What exactly gives 51% of a group, the power to control the lives of the other 49%? And is there a consistent principle that limits their power?