what is your opinion on hard atheism - The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com - Debate Anything The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally by activity where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

DebateIsland Referral Program: Get a Free Month of DebateIsland Diamond Premium Membership ($4.99 Value) Per Each New User That You Refer!

what is your opinion on hard atheism

Debate Information

/

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Arguments

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• SkepticalOneSkepticalOne 946 Pts   -  
    'Hard atheism' needs to be defined. You might as well define god/deities while you're at it.
    Happy_KillbotDeexlJ_dolphin_473LiamThePersonPlaffelvohfenTreeMan
  • StopAtheismsStopAtheisms 12 Pts   -  
    @SkepticalOne hard atheism is atheism but like instead of Dizbelief its belief in gods 
    i mean its a belief that gods dont exist comperd to atheism which is jst lack of bleif
    ts on wikipedia
  • anarchist100anarchist100 491 Pts   -  
    @StopAtheisms
    i mean its a belief that gods dont exist comperd to atheism which is jst lack of bleif
    Well in that case it's just another form of faith, also what do you mean by "Stop Atheism".
  • SwolliwSwolliw 807 Pts   -  
    @SkepticalOne

English Noun hard atheism (uncountable)The belief of a hard atheist, that no deities exist.

It's a bit of an obscure term and I have always been comfortable with just "atheist" to mean the absence of belief in God/s and "theist" to mean deluded.
    The problem with the definition is that it starts off with "the belief" which of course, gives carte blanche for any airheaded theist to declare that atheism is a belief which, of course, it is not.
    SkepticalOnePlaffelvohfen
  • SkepticalOneSkepticalOne 946 Pts   -   edited April 30
    @StopAtheisms

If we're defining hard atheism as belief gods (whatever that is) don't exist, then I think those fellers may be on to something...

Are there "hard a-unicornists"? Wouldn't everybody but the delusional (or those with a faulty epistemology) 'believe' unicorns don't exist? I wonder why gods (again, whatever that is) should be any different?
    TreeMan
  • TreeManTreeMan 190 Pts   -  
    Haha, I am a hard a-supermanist. I believe super man doesn’t exist. God is as illogical and unproven as super man. 
    @anarchist100 idk i saw some pppl puting slogans on their usernames decided stop atheism sounded cool . im christen but im nutral in atheism how do i change it i didnt think thisplace was this small
  • AlofRIAlofRI 1390 Pts   -   edited April 30
    Hard or soft it makes sense. We'd be in a bad way without it.  :D
  • AlofRIAlofRI 1390 Pts   -  
    Hard or soft, it would be less fun without it.
  • TrueLoveTrueLove 189 Pts   -  
    The Bible tells us why people don't believe.

They are lovers of darkness, haters of light, evil doers afraid of exposure, stiff necked, resistant, obstinate, those who do bad want to keep doing bad, pursuers of their own imagination, choosers of what displeases God, futile thinkers, those without excuse, choosers of lies, self seeking, reject what is right, followers of evil, those hostile to God, deceived by sin, blinded, earthly, taken by the devil, no endurance, choked by life’s worries and riches and pleasures, they don’t mature, stubborn, follow their own devices, rebellious hearts, turn aside, gone away, stubborn pride, refuse to give up evil and stubborn ways, deceitful, unwilling.

John 3:19, 20; Acts 7:51; Isaiah30:9; 65:2; 65:11,12; Romans 1:19-21; 1:25; 1:28; 2:8; 8:7; 2 Thessalonians 2:10; Hebrews 3:13; 2 Corinthians 4:3-4; Philippians 3:19; Matthew 13:19; Luke 8:11-16; Psalm 81:12; Isaiah 48:4; Jeremiah 5:23; 7:24; Leviticus 26:19; Judges 2:19; Hosea 4:16.

PlaffelvohfenTreeManHappy_KillbotDeeLuigi7255
    Oh how I love the Word of God!
    @TrueLove

Why should anyone care what the Bible has to say?

How absurd would you find it should I randomly quote from a book you do not recognize as authoritative? ...Very absurd I'm guessing.
    PlaffelvohfenHappy_KillbotTreeManLuigi7255
  • TrueLoveTrueLove 189 Pts   -   edited May 3
    @TrueLove

Why should anyone care what the Bible has to say?

How absurd would you find it should I randomly quote from a book you do not recognize as authoritative? ...Very absurd I'm guessing.
    People here say what they want about believers and God.  Did you think believers care?
    The OP asked what we think about atheism.  I posted what I think about it.

I think you read what God says why people don't believe and you noticed yourself in the descriptions.
  • TreeManTreeMan 190 Pts   -  
    The bible is similar to a marvel comic, it is simply a fictional book with a extremely small piece of truth.
    Happy_Killbot
    @TrueLove

People here say what they want about believers and God.  Did you think believers care?

Yes...yes, I do think believers care when people criticize what is often a belief integrated into personal identity. Regardless, the criticism is warranted.

I think you read what God says why people don't believe and you noticed yourself in the descriptions.

I think you assume skepticism towards (and rejection of) your beliefs is part of my identity. It isn't. 

That brings us back to my point: why should anyone care what the Bible says? Seriously.

• DeeDee 3940 Pts   -  
    @TrueLove

They are lovers of darkness, haters of light, evil doers afraid of exposure, stiff necked, resistant, obstinate, those who do bad want to keep doing bad, pursuers of their own imagination, choosers of what displeases God, futile thinkers, those without excuse, choosers of lies, self seeking, reject what is right, followers of evil, those hostile to God, deceived by sin, blinded, earthly, taken by the devil, no endurance, choked by life’s worries and riches and pleasures, they don’t mature, stubborn, follow their own devices, rebellious hearts, turn aside, gone away, stubborn pride, refuse to give up evil and stubborn ways, deceitful, unwilling.

Those nasty Atheists should be “Christians” just like you .......

Christians have permission to murder, rape and pillage in gods name .....

More Murder Rape and Pillage (Deuteronomy 20:10-14)

As you approach a town to attack it, first offer its people terms for peace.  If they accept your terms and open the gates to you, then all the people inside will serve you in forced labor.  But if they refuse to make peace and prepare to fight, you must attack the town.  When the LORD your God hands it over to you, kill every man in the town.  But you may keep for yourselves all the women, children, livestock, and other plunder.  You may enjoy the spoils of your enemies that the LORD your God has given you.

How to buy slaves ( it’s a “Christian “ thing ) .....

However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you.  You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land.  You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance.  You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way. (Leviticus 25:44-46 NLT)

How to sacrifice your only son ........

.  “Take your son, your only son – yes, Isaac, whom you love so much – and go to the land of Moriah.  Sacrifice him there as a burnt offering on one of the mountains, which I will point out to you.”(Genesis 22:1-18)  

How to rape women and then kill them as approved by god ...

Death to the Rape Victim (Deuteronomy 22:23-24 NAB)

If within the city a man comes upon a maiden who is betrothed, and has relations with her, you shall bring them both out of the gate of the city and there stone them to death: the girl because she did not cry out for help though she was in the city, and the man because he violated his neighbors wife.

It is clear that God doesn’t give a damn about the rape victim.  He is only concerned about the violation of another mans “property”.

It gets better ......

David’s Punishment – Polygamy, Rape, Baby Killing, and God’s “Forgiveness” (2 Samuel 12:11-14 NAB)

Thus says the Lord: ‘I will bring evil upon you out of your own house.  I will take your wives [plural] while you live to see it, and will give them to your neighbor.  He shall lie with your wives in broad daylight.  You have done this deed in secret, but I will bring it about in the presence of all Israel, and with the sun looking down.’

Then David said to Nathan, “I have sinned against the Lord.”  Nathan answered David: “The Lord on his part has forgiven your sin: you shall not die.  But since you have utterly spurned the Lord by this deed, the child born to you must surely die.”  [The child dies seven days later.]

TreeMan said:
    The bible is similar to a marvel comic, it is simply a fictional book with a extremely small piece of truth.
    I see you in the descriptions...hostile to God,  earthly, taken by the devil,  stubborn,rebellious heart.
    @TrueLove

Yes...yes, I do think believers care when people criticize what is often a belief integrated into personal identity. Regardless, the criticism is warranted.

I think you assume skepticism towards (and rejection of) your beliefs is part of my identity. It isn't. 

That brings us back to my point: why should anyone care what the Bible says? Seriously.

I don't believe you.  
    Dee said:
    @TrueLove

Those nasty Atheists should be “Christians” just like you .......

Christians have permission to murder, rape and pillage in gods name .....

More Murder Rape and Pillage (Deuteronomy 20:10-14)

As you approach a town to attack it, first offer its people terms for peace.  If they accept your terms and open the gates to you, then all the people inside will serve you in forced labor.  But if they refuse to make peace and prepare to fight, you must attack the town.  When the LORD your God hands it over to you, kill every man in the town.  But you may keep for yourselves all the women, children, livestock, and other plunder.  You may enjoy the spoils of your enemies that the LORD your God has given you.

How to buy slaves ( it’s a “Christian “ thing ) .....

However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you.  You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land.  You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance.  You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way. (Leviticus 25:44-46 NLT)

How to sacrifice your only son ........

.  “Take your son, your only son – yes, Isaac, whom you love so much – and go to the land of Moriah.  Sacrifice him there as a burnt offering on one of the mountains, which I will point out to you.”(Genesis 22:1-18)  

How to rape women and then kill them as approved by god ...

Death to the Rape Victim (Deuteronomy 22:23-24 NAB)

If within the city a man comes upon a maiden who is betrothed, and has relations with her, you shall bring them both out of the gate of the city and there stone them to death: the girl because she did not cry out for help though she was in the city, and the man because he violated his neighbors wife.

It is clear that God doesn’t give a damn about the rape victim.  He is only concerned about the violation of another mans “property”.

It gets better ......

David’s Punishment – Polygamy, Rape, Baby Killing, and God’s “Forgiveness” (2 Samuel 12:11-14 NAB)

Thus says the Lord: ‘I will bring evil upon you out of your own house.  I will take your wives [plural] while you live to see it, and will give them to your neighbor.  He shall lie with your wives in broad daylight.  You have done this deed in secret, but I will bring it about in the presence of all Israel, and with the sun looking down.’

Then David said to Nathan, “I have sinned against the Lord.”  Nathan answered David: “The Lord on his part has forgiven your sin: you shall not die.  But since you have utterly spurned the Lord by this deed, the child born to you must surely die.”  [The child dies seven days later.]

I see you in the descriptions too.

TrueLove said:
    @TrueLove

I don't believe you.  
    Irrelevant.

Why should anyone care what the Bible has to say - including yourself?
  • DeeDee 3940 Pts   -  
    @TrueLove

I see you in the descriptions too.

I’m getting judged by you an admitted wife and child beater .......LOL 
    anarchist100
  • anarchist100anarchist100 491 Pts   -   edited May 4
    @Dee
    Really? When did he admit to that? Can you show me the quote? I would like to see it.
  • DeeDee 3940 Pts   -  
    @anarchist100

Really? When did he admit to that? Can you show me the quote? I would like to see it.

Yes . last week . Look it up yourself . Well then happy hunting 
    TrueLove said:
    @TrueLove

I don't believe you.  
    Irrelevant.

Why should anyone care what you have to say?

TrueLove said:
    TrueLove said:
    @TrueLove

I don't believe you.  
    Irrelevant.

Why should anyone care what you have to say?

Deflection is not an answer. If you want others to respect your book (and by extension, your beliefs), you should be able to answer this question. 1Peter3:15

Think about it, and we can revisit this discussion another time. Have a nice day!
  • JoeKerrJoeKerr 56 Pts   -  
    TrueLove said, "The Bible tells us why people don't believe."

That is so true because when people read what's in the bible they have no desire to believe such nonsense.
    SkepticalOne
  • JoeKerrJoeKerr 56 Pts   -  
    TrueLove said, "They are lovers of darkness, haters of light, evil doers afraid of exposure, stiff necked, resistant, obstinate, those who do bad want to keep doing bad, pursuers of their own imagination, choosers of what displeases God, futile thinkers, those without excuse, choosers of lies, self seeking, reject what is right, followers of evil, those hostile to God, deceived by sin, blinded, earthly, taken by the devil, no endurance, choked by life’s worries and riches and pleasures, they don’t mature, stubborn, follow their own devices, rebellious hearts, turn aside, gone away, stubborn pride, refuse to give up evil and stubborn ways, deceitful, unwilling"

Oh my goodness, that's some list TrueLove. We unbelievers are such a bad bunch, but we are not so bad that we think genocide, infanticide, and slavery are ok like some people we know. Isn't that right TrueLove?
    SkepticalOne