Can autism be traced to the connection between earth and humans? - The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com - Debate Anything The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally by activity where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

DebateIsland Referral Program: Get a Free Month of DebateIsland Diamond Premium Membership ($4.99 Value) Per Each New User That You Refer!

Can autism be traced to the connection between earth and humans?

Debate Information

Nature plays its part in many of our species scientific research. We have learned alot over so many years. So much so, that with it also grew our intellectual minds to develop technology. With this shift we have quickly changed from being connected to the stars and earth to cellphones and television.

We as a species are no longer grounded to earth. Can the growing rate of autism in the world be some kind of variation between the connection humans have to nature, earth and universe?. Autism has the possibility to silence the earth and humans more in tune with whats around them. Can Autism be a possible reset button for humans? or is this simply something to ignore.
Plaffelvohfen

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Arguments

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• TrueLoveTrueLove 189 Pts   -   edited May 1
    I think autism could be the result of ultrasounds.
    I think that some doctor's have in their office cheaper models, and or older models.  I also think that ultrasounds are not routinely maintained.  They need to be calibrated correctly and there are incompetent maintenance people, or by human error.  I also believe that many end users (the person giving you the ultrasound) are not fully knowledgeable concerning the warnings for proper usage.
    Plaffelvohfen
    Oh how I love the Word of God!
  • bjinthirtybjinthirty 71 Pts   -  
    i somewhat agree. 

Women need to raise more awareness when pregnant start to finish. Most certainly at time of labor. Just a slightly mistake mishandling the baby can have complications for the baby not observable at the time but surely develop and start to be seen as they grow up. Many factors to be concerned about play too much of a role for worrisome. Avoiding all drugs during pregnancy no matter your pain as long as the baby is safe would be recommended. At the time of labor the baby as he is being pulled out must be professionaly handled. a minor yank or pull with slightly over the practiced force can interfere in a babys life as an adolescent. Ultrasounds can too play a role. At this point autism is still behind in research and studies for a cure. 

But if theres no proof of anything modern day birth practices correlate to the implications of labor and growth in terms of health and natural birth. Then the philosophical theory of choice would be that Earth needs humans more aware and centered to original form as designed.

Rhetorically speaking, if autism is on the rise every year more than the year before then it would be safe to say that we as humans can be at risk of becoming a species born with autism slowly until the world is autistic enough to not be able to damage the earth. Also grounding humans more aware to earth. A world full of autistic humans can certainly silence the earth as it much needs it right now.
    Plaffelvohfen
  • TrueLoveTrueLove 189 Pts   -   edited May 2
    Autism is on the rise as were ultrasounds were on the rise.
    I spoke to a guy before that was an ultrasound maintenance person, and he said that a lot of harm could be done with ultrasound.  Just making the sound waves too high can cook cells.

Some ultrasounds are given at all different times of fetal development.  Ultrasounds are sound waves that go into the body and then bounce back.  Ultrasound pictures are not clear because not all the sound waves that goes into the body comes back -- some gets absorbed in the tissues.  This can cause cells to heat up, or it can make trapped gas bubble up.  Studies of ultrasound in lab animals have shown that heat and bubble formation (or "cavitation") can affect fetal brain development.    All the information about cells heating up makes me think that some ultrasounds and end users are cooking our children's brains.

In addition, to help mitigate the risk of heat and cavitation, doctors check for two numbers displayed on the screen of a modem ultrasound device -- the "thermal index" and the "mechanical index".  These indices give a sense of how much the vibrations might affect the body, so doctors try to keep them below a certain threshold whenever possible.  I have read that many end users of ultrasounds are in need of more education and training to improve their knowledge about acoustic output of the machines and safety issues.  We trust the person giving the ultrasound and also trusting the ultrasound machine and the maintenance of it. 

Ultrasound machines have different prices indicate to me that some machines are of better quality.  I have read that used ultrasound machines are common for resale.  

Autism is more common than ever.  Doctors give ultrasounds more than ever.  I have read that while the effects of ultrasound in human brain development are unknown there are disorders thought to be the result of misplacement of brain cells during their development; ultrasounds might cause misplacement of brain cells.  These disorders range from mental retardation and childhood epilepsy to developmental dyslexia, autism spectrum disorder, and schizophrenia. 

I know many people get ultrasounds who do not have any children with a diagnosed  disability, but what if the difference between a normal child and one with disabilities was a more knowledgeable technician and a well- maintained machine.  Doctors even use ultrasounds to grow bone to heal bone fractures.  That surely attests to the possible dangers of using ultrasounds.  

Of course there are times when a mother and her child has benefited from ultrasounds.  However, there is nothing wrong with wanting the best machines and the best people maintaining and using these machines. 

Plaffelvohfen

Your information is not too far fetched. Ultrasound technicians can obtain a license by graduating from a school not accredited by the state junior board of education. Meaning anybody who can say the word Ultra Sound technician can become one. Factor in the market for these machines and the number of people licensed for this field who only care about the pay and not what they do. You are very much well left with a lack of professionalism behind a practice that should only be given by individuals in the medical field who have 2+ years experience with knowledge.

This brings me into thinking of maybe creating a class action lawsuit to represent all people who if found to be true, be compensated for this negligent mistake that could of easily been fixed but gone ignored. I would hate to see my child have autism and make myself feel guilty and incapable when in fact could have nothing to do with the male but with the simple visit of an ultrasound. 

I cannot rule out thinking a technician lauing a patient down throwing on a glove spreading the gel. hit the seitch on and start operating. Clueless or negligent to the effects the machine could have on a baby if not inspected prior to testing. Heck even bus drivers are required to inspect a bus extensively  before driving it
  • TrueLoveTrueLove 189 Pts   -  

Your information is not too far fetched. Ultrasound technicians can obtain a license by graduating from a school not accredited by the state junior board of education. Meaning anybody who can say the word Ultra Sound technician can become one. Factor in the market for these machines and the number of people licensed for this field who only care about the pay and not what they do. You are very much well left with a lack of professionalism behind a practice that should only be given by individuals in the medical field who have 2+ years experience with knowledge.

This brings me into thinking of maybe creating a class action lawsuit to represent all people who if found to be true, be compensated for this negligent mistake that could of easily been fixed but gone ignored. I would hate to see my child have autism and make myself feel guilty and incapable when in fact could have nothing to do with the male but with the simple visit of an ultrasound. 

I cannot rule out thinking a technician lauing a patient down throwing on a glove spreading the gel. hit the seitch on and start operating. Clueless or negligent to the effects the machine could have on a baby if not inspected prior to testing. Heck even bus drivers are required to inspect a bus extensively  before driving it
    Exactly!  

Probably hard to sue because machines can be manipulated after the fact, and people can lie when questioned.  Too bad if you want to question the doctor or facility about their equipment they probably don't know the answer; or if you question the technician about their education, they will probably treat you badly afterwards.

TrueLove said:

Exactly!  

Probably hard to sue because machines can be manipulated after the fact, and people can lie when questioned.  Too bad if you want to question the doctor or facility about their equipment they probably don't know the answer; or if you question the technician about their education, they will probably treat you badly afterwards.

dont need proof. The new proof is a link. And if valid data can show there is a link between the two that qualifies for a deeper study then the machine companies will start wanting to settle on this.

OBJECTIVE:
    Demand a higher standard of training technicians handling up to date equipment no older than x amount of years from now. Extensive preparedness of patients and a well established oversight for the future of today.
  • TrueLoveTrueLove 189 Pts   -   edited May 3
    TrueLove said:

Exactly!  

dont need proof. The new proof is a link. And if valid data can show there is a link between the two that qualifies for a deeper study then the machine companies will start wanting to settle on this.

OBJECTIVE:
    Demand a higher standard of training technicians handling up to date equipment no older than x amount of years from now. Extensive preparedness of patients and a well established oversight for the future of today.
    Something to think about for sure.  Some years ago I found some stuff on the Internet about ultrasounds, and it proves there is a safety issue. 
  • Luigi7255Luigi7255 52 Pts   -  
    TrueLove said:
    Correlation =/= Causation. You are born with Autism, what you said is like saying, "Ever since electric cars have been on the street, bipolar disorder cases have gone up, so electric cars MUST be the cause." I would know since I was born with Autism.
    PlaffelvohfenSkepticalOne
    Luigi7255 said:
    TrueLove said:
    Correlation =/= Causation. You are born with Autism, what you said is like saying, "Ever since electric cars have been on the street, bipolar disorder cases have gone up, so electric cars MUST be the cause." I would know since I was born with Autism.
    Mothers  have ultrasounds on their embryo and or a fetus. That is before you are born.  What you said is like saying you can do anything to an embryo or fetus and it won't do any harm.  

Plaffelvohfen
    TrueLove said:
    Mothers  have ultrasounds on their embryo and or a fetus. That is before you are born.  What you said is like saying you can do anything to an embryo or fetus and it won't do any harm.  

But most people AREN'T autistic (just in the U.S, 3.5 million compared to over 300 million), and literally everybody who's pregnant gets ultrasounds, and of course, I know that stuff like cigarettes and alcohol are harmful to children. I'd have to be an absolute imbecile to not know that.
    Plaffelvohfen
    Luigi7255 said:
    TrueLove said:

But most people AREN'T autistic (just in the U.S, 3.5 million compared to over 300 million), and literally everybody who's pregnant gets ultrasounds, and of course, I know that stuff like cigarettes and alcohol are harmful to children. I'd have to be an absolute imbecile to not know that.
    Didn't you read everything in my post where you quoted me, or just the first line?
    I said it depends on the ultrasound machine, and how well it is calibrated, and on the experience and knowledge of the person giving the ultrasound.  

Plaffelvohfen
    TrueLove said:
    Didn't you read everything in my post where you quoted me, or just the first line?
    I said it depends on the ultrasound machine, and how well it is calibrated, and on the experience and knowledge of the person giving the ultrasound.  
    First off, why would I just randomly focus on the first line? Second, like every piece of medical equipment, they have to be rigorously tested to see if there are any side effects, also, what person would not make sure a machine is sterilized, calibrated, etc. Second, who would even give an ultrasound if they weren't experienced?
    Plaffelvohfen
    Luigi7255 said:
    TrueLove said:
    First off, why would I just randomly focus on the first line? Second, like every piece of medical equipment, they have to be rigorously tested to see if there are any side effects, also, what person would not make sure a machine is sterilized, calibrated, etc. Second, who would even give an ultrasound if they weren't experienced?
    What you say is contradicted by reality and facts.  
    Plaffelvohfen

What Do Clinical Users Know Regarding Safety of Ultrasound During Pregnancy?

Eyal Sheiner, MD, Ilana Shoham-Vardi, PhD and Jacques S. Abramowicz, MD

Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois USA (E.S., J.S.A.); Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Soroka University Medical Center, Beer-Sheva, Israel (E.S.); and Faculty of Health Sciences (E.S.) and Epidemiology and Health Services Evaluation Department, Faculty of Health Sciences (I.S.-V.), Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, Beer-Sheva, Israel.

Address correspondence to Eyal Sheiner, MD, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Rush University Medical Center, 1653 W Congress Pkwy, Chicago, IL 60612 USA. E-mail: sheiner@bgu.ac.il

Objective. The main goal of this study was to determine end users’ knowledge regarding safety aspects of diagnostic ultrasound during pregnancy. End users’ attitudes toward the use of ultrasound in low-risk pregnancies were also assessed. Methods. A questionnaire was distributed to ultrasound end users attending review courses and hospital grand rounds between April and June 2006. Results. One hundred thirty end users completed the questionnaires (63% response rate). Sixty-three percent were physicians (n = 84), most of them obstetricians (81.7%). About 18% of participants routinely performed Doppler ultrasound examinations during the first trimester. Fifty percent of end users thought that the number of ultrasound examinations in low-risk pregnancy should be limited to 1 to 3 (mean ± SD, 2.6 ± 0.9). Almost 70% disapproved of "keepsake/entertainment" ultrasound. Although 32.2% of the participants were familiar with the term thermal index, only 17.7% actually gave the correct answer to the question on the nature of the thermal index. About 22% were familiar with the term mechanical index, but only 3.8% described it properly. Almost 80% of end users did not know where to find the acoustic indices. Only 20.8% were aware that they are displayed on the sonographic monitor during the examinations. End users with higher knowledge of safety issues thought that there should be limitations on the number of ultrasound examinations in low-risk pregnancies (odds ratio, 3.3; 95% confidence interval, 1.1–10.0; P = .028). Likewise, these end users were more likely to respond that ultrasound might have adverse effects during pregnancy (odds ratio, 3.2; 95% confidence interval, 1.1–12.5; P = .045). Conclusions. Ultrasound end users are poorly informed regarding safety issues during pregnancy. Further efforts in the realm of education and training are needed to improve end user knowledge about the acoustic output of the machines and safety issues.

Key Words: acoustic output • mechanical index • questionnaire survey • safety • thermal index • ultrasound

Abbreviations: CI, confidence interval • MI, mechanical index • Ob/Gyn, obstetrics and gynecology • ODS, output display standard • OR, odds ratio • TI, thermal index

Department of Health, Social Services and Public Safety

Okay let me just say this to be clear. A cousin of mine who I wouldn’t even feel safe eating a sandwhich if she made one. Is a ultrasound technician. This is the same person that whenever troubleshooting a device she pushes every button randomly off the bat. The same person that if she breaks something she will put it right back and blame you for it. This is the people doing ultrasounds. I was actually surprised she graduated. This tells me that any person trying to be a technician. Doesnt need to rely in studying hard or being good to pass. All they need to graduate is to show up to class and atleast try. Everybody passes at the end. But why am I crying about this now? because I want to be a dad and looking into what could harm my son is something of a job to eliminate what harms em.

The gel used on the pregnant womens stomach could be the highest hazard? what would happen if a technician accidentally swipes in an area not smothered in gel?

I just hope ultrasound doesnt become the next big story thats shutdown like the new studies found on the plastic bottles the world drinks that leak compounds into em if left in hot or cold temperatures. If you didnt know now you do. The world is drinking lead.

DISCLAIMER
    NONE OF THE CONTENT RENDERED ABOVE IS EDUCATIONAL. THE INFORMATION PROVIDED IS SOLELY DEPENDENT ON THE SUBJECTIVE GUESS THAT A MIND. NO MATTER WHAT SAID. CAN BE A SUCCESSFUL WAY FOR ARMLESS PEOPLE TO CLAP.
    Okay let me just say this to be clear. A cousin of mine who I wouldn’t even feel safe eating a sandwhich if she made one. Is a ultrasound technician. This is the same person that whenever troubleshooting a device she pushes every button randomly off the bat. The same person that if she breaks something she will put it right back and blame you for it. This is the people doing ultrasounds. I was actually surprised she graduated. This tells me that any person trying to be a technician. Doesnt need to rely in studying hard or being good to pass. All they need to graduate is to show up to class and atleast try. Everybody passes at the end. But why am I crying about this now? because I want to be a dad and looking into what could harm my son is something of a job to eliminate what harms em.

The gel used on the pregnant womens stomach could be the highest hazard? what would happen if a technician accidentally swipes in an area not smothered in gel?

I just hope ultrasound doesnt become the next big story thats shutdown like the new studies found on the plastic bottles the world drinks that leak compounds into em if left in hot or cold temperatures. If you didnt know now you do. The world is drinking lead.

DISCLAIMER
    NONE OF THE CONTENT RENDERED ABOVE IS EDUCATIONAL. THE INFORMATION PROVIDED IS SOLELY DEPENDENT ON THE SUBJECTIVE GUESS THAT A MIND. NO MATTER WHAT SAID. CAN BE A SUCCESSFUL WAY FOR ARMLESS PEOPLE TO CLAP.
    That is an excellent description of MANY people who we deal with in everyday life.  You are so right about getting an ultrasound technician job.  These schools want your money and will help anyone pass.  
    All good points.