Is seeking a better life for your family a bad thing to do? - The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com - Debate Anything The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally by activity where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

DebateIsland Referral Program: Get a Free Month of DebateIsland Diamond Premium Membership ($4.99 Value) Per Each New User That You Refer!

Is seeking a better life for your family a bad thing to do?

Debate Information

Hello:

Laws against murder are good. Laws against stealing are good. But, laws against people seeking a better life for themselves, simply because they don't have the right "papers", aren't good at all.. Those laws are kinda, uhhh, kinda, what's the word - NAZI-LIKE.

excon

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Arguments

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• CYDdhartaCYDdharta 1524 Pts   -  
    ...so you think we'd be better off without drivers licenses, passports, having to show IDs when cashing checks, etc.?
  • exconexcon 95 Pts   -  

Hello C:

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear enough..  I'm old..  I remember the Hollywood movies where the Germans hassle a person for not having the right CITIZENSHIP papers..  Certainly the Nazis pictured above weren't asking for his drivers license.. 

It'd be cool, though, if you weighed in on the debate in question..  Or, maybe your distraction was on purpose..  It's a pretty simple question..  Is seeking a better life for yourself and your family a BAD thing to do??

excon
    excon said:

Hello C:

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear enough..  I'm old..  I remember the Hollywood movies where the Germans hassle a person for not having the right CITIZENSHIP papers..  Certainly the Nazis pictured above weren't asking for his drivers license.. 

It'd be cool, though, if you weighed in on the debate in question..  Or, maybe your distraction was on purpose..  It's a pretty simple question..  Is seeking a better life for yourself and your family a BAD thing to do??

excon

Is that what you thing the Nazis were doing when they asked for IDs, you think they were checking for citizenship?

I fully support people legally seeking a better life for themselves.
  • piloteerpiloteer 1281 Pts   -  
    @excon

If you're the mafia, or the Manson family, I think it most certainly would be a bad thing. 
    TreeMan
  • Luigi7255Luigi7255 51 Pts   -  
    CYDdharta said:
    Is that what you think the Nazis were doing when they asked for IDs, you think they were checking for citizenship?

I fully support people legally seeking a better life for themselves.
    I fully support that if someone came here legally, but lost their papers, you would treat them as if they're illegals.
  • MichaelElpersMichaelElpers 806 Pts   -  
    @excon.

The U.S. cannot help everyone suffering in the world through immigration.  Not only is it impossible but it would most likely turn the U.S. into an impoverished place.  I have empathy for these people but those without the correct papers are cheating/cutting out the people that do.

Luigi7255 said:

I fully support that if someone came here legally, but lost their papers, you would treat them as if they're illegals.

They should do what they do in every other country and work with their embassy to have their papers reissued. 
  • Luigi7255Luigi7255 51 Pts   -  
    CYDdharta said:

They should do what they do in every other country and work with their embassy to have their papers reissued. 
    I worded it wrong. I think that you think that if this happened you would think they came here illegally, there are multiple examples of people who lost their papers, but got deported to Mexico.
    Luigi7255 said:
    CYDdharta said:

I worded it wrong. I think that you think that if this happened you would think they came here illegally, there are multiple examples of people who lost their papers, but got deported to Mexico.

It wouldn't be a problem if we had control of the border.  This is another reason we need to stop illegals.  Thanks.