frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Refutation of the doctrine of the Trinity:

Debate Information

I have made a formal argument inspired by a refutation online:

John 17 1-3, “Father, the hour has come. Glorify your Son, that your Son may glorify you. For you granted him authority over all people that he might give eternal life to all those you have given him. Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent. I have brought you glory on earth by finishing the work you gave me to do. And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.

Argument #1

1. The Father is the only True God

2. Jesus is the not the Father

3. Therefore, Jesus is not the True God.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 Cor 8:4, “So then, about eating food sacrificed to idols: We know that “An idol is nothing at all in the world” and that “There is no God but one.”

1 Cor 8:6, “yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live;

Argument #2

1. There is no God except one.

2. This one God is the Father

3. Jesus is not the Father

4. Therefore Jesus is not God

Extra Note: In the same verse, 1 Corinthians 8:6, “yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ,”.

From this, we can form the following conclusions: There is a clear distinction between the Father who is the only one God (1 Cor 8:4, 8:6) and Jesus Christ who even mentions the Father as the only true God.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Malachi 2:10, “Do we not all have one Father? Did not one God create us? Why do we profane the covenant of our ancestors by being unfaithful to one another?”

Premise #3 (taking into account #1 and #2)

1. From Arguments #1 and #2 we can formulate the following: There is no God except the Father, for he is the only true God. 

2. The Father who is the true one God is one meaning He has no persons.

3. The one God, the Father is the only one that created us.

Explanation of #3: Christians believe that the Father creates through the Son which would refute the concept of one God creating mankind. But as this verse states, only one God created us, which is the Father. If the Son played a role in the creation, then Prophet Malachi who is the one narrating this verse would not have failed to mention this, as it is truly significant.

You are free to reply and refute my arguments but do so in a respectful manner please.

Thank you c:

dallased25

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
Tie
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments