Extremism always leads to destruction - The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com - Debate Anything The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally by activity where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Learn more about DebateIsland.com's EdTech solution aimed at Middle Schools and High Schools, DebateIsland Education, here!

Extremism always leads to destruction

Debate Information

History is evident that many a times extremists group are reason of mass destruction. Extremism increases the chance of violence. As there is no room of discussion in this case. 

Extreme views are Harmful to nation, people and is threat to peace and humanity.

Do you agree/disagree with me?
Peace 

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• Luigi7255Luigi7255 233 Pts   -  
    I 100% agree with you. Extremists went for the capital (sorry, I'm in a political debate right now and it isn't easy to just stop talking about it), WW2 was against extremists, the Cold War was about showing extremists that we were better, etc.
    Thor
  • ThorThor 255 Pts   -  
    @Luigi7255

Yeah those all violent events and war were directly or indirectly caused by extreme views. 

I get annoyed by religious extremists most.

However, do you think that extremist also have their own reasons for their extreme views which can be justified?
    Peace 
    @Thor

I think they find solace in their beliefs by knowing people are with them and agree with whatever they say, *cough cough* Westboro Baptist Church *cough cough*.
  • ThorThor 255 Pts   -  
    @Luigi7255

Yes they do find solace in their views, which makes them incapable of seeing the same thing by different perspective, and in religion too extreme views would be harmful to oneself and others and it would leave no chance of comparative religion studies.
    Peace 
    @Thor

And also, if they are too far into the religious hole, they attempt to invade others' right to religion and attempt to convert them through many different methods, like cyberbullying.
  • ThorThor 255 Pts   -   edited May 14
    @Luigi7255

Well, I am also a theist Hindu. It’s necessary to have knowledge of what your religion says and I had been to Church, Mosques but like I would oppose the extreme views which would say my religion is best and yours is worse. 
    Peace 
  • DeeDee 4169 Pts   -   edited May 14
    Let’s look at the definition of extremism.....

extremist
    /ɪkˈstriːmɪst,ɛkˈstriːmɪst/

noun
    DEROGATORY
    1. a person who holds extreme political or religious views, especially one who advocates illegal, violent, or other extreme action.

What exactly are extreme political views?  I can and would advocate illegal , violent or other extreme actions if necessary 
    Thor
    @Thor

Btw, as you can probably tell, I'm an Atheist, and I agree, there are extreme Atheists, I think we know who I'm talking about here. I still want knowledge of other religions, in fact, I've been interested in Judaism for the past few days. Also, I respect that you're a Hindu.
    TreeMan
  • ThorThor 255 Pts   -  
    @Luigi7255

Yes extreme atheists view are same as religious extremism. Yeah it’s advantageous to gain knowledge. Yes comparative religious studies is considered to very useful who wants to know about faiths and want to implement in their life, in which they are compared with one another. It also includes how eastern and western views vary. Oh great. I too respect you are atheist. 

Well, what’s ur opinion on Israel-Gaza then?
    Peace 
    @Thor

I'm indifferent on that issue.
  • ThorThor 255 Pts   -  
    @Luigi7255

Oh okay. 
    Peace 
    @Thor

What's your stance?
  • ThorThor 255 Pts   -  
    @Luigi7255

No opinion.
    Peace 
    @Thor

There are things we agree on, Swolliw goes overboard, Atheists can be indifferent on religious issues, and this.
    TreeMan
  • ThorThor 255 Pts   -   edited May 14
    @Luigi7255

Yeah. Swolliw is actually over obsessed with his views. 

Actually we may share many more views irrespective of being theist or atheist. lol after all we both are humans
    Peace 
    @Thor

Can I ask, what goes on in Hinduism?
  • ThorThor 255 Pts   -  
    @Luigi7255

Can you make your question more accurate?
    Peace 
  • Luigi7255Luigi7255 233 Pts   -   edited May 14
    @Thor

Okay, how does Hinduism operate in terms of gods/goddesses, followers, etc?
  • ThorThor 255 Pts   -  
    @Luigi7255

It does not operate, it is neither an organised religion.

Hinduism is not a religion it is a way of life but several invasions in India changed it meaning to consider it as a religion.

We have many gods. But our three main god is Brahma(creator), Vishnu(preserver) and Shiva(Destroyer). And also some believe in Shakti. Our vedas is based on Henotheistic approach. 

I believe in Shiva. Our main source of knowledge is Vedas. But to simplify it God Vishnu In the form of Krishna gave knowledge through Bhagwad Gita.
    Peace 
  • Luigi7255Luigi7255 233 Pts   -   edited May 14
    @Thor

So to summarize to me who doesn't really know it, The Preserver wrote a scripture in another form to give knowledge to followers. Is that right?
  • ThorThor 255 Pts   -  
    @Luigi7255

No, preserver didn’t wrote it. He took incarnation on Earth in the form of Shree Krishna to protect Truth. 

So in the war of Truth which is known as Mahabharata, he spoked it vocally to Arjun(his friend) and it was then written.

So it is considered as simplest form of Vedas.
    Peace 
    @Thor

Oh okay, I better understand it.
  • ThorThor 255 Pts   -  
    @Luigi7255

Yeah. It was nice talking to you btw.
    Luigi7255
    Peace 
    @Thor

Same with you!
    Thor
  • Polaris95Polaris95 146 Pts   -  
    @Luigi7355 @Thor

Gotta love the wholesome conversation!
    ThorTreeManLuigi7255
  • xlJ_dolphin_473xlJ_dolphin_473 1504 Pts   -  
    @Polaris95
    Oh hey - never thought I’d see you again on here! A true OG of this website - welcome back!
  • Keal303NXQ3Keal303NXQ3 171 Pts   -  
    @Polaris95 Why does your icon look more like a dragon eye than two sliced triangles?
  • LiefieLiefie 37 Pts   -  
    Argument Topic: I agree and Disagree, here's why:

@Thor
    You are right about mass destruction, and increasing the chance of violence. You are also right about these views being harmful and are a threat to peace and humanity. With this I agree with you. What we have to also realize is that sometimes we need times where peace is threatened to progress. The founders of America had to threaten the peace of Great Britain - where a lot of violence and destruction was caused, so that independence would  be gained. Women threatened peace, and went against the status quo when standing up for equality. Black South Africans ended up resorting to extreme measures (views and violence included) when their peaceful protests were not being listened to by a racially oppressive government. So yes, extreme views are not ideal, but they definitely do help a society and it's people find a middle ground that is accepted by most.

What I don't agree with is the assumption that these views should be wiped out from the face of the earth and all will be well with humanity. As much as I do not agree with the harm and destruction caused by extreme views, people hold them because of some kind of perceived or real oppression that is happening to them, and they are not being heard by the rest of society - there are many other reasons, but this one seems to be the common  factor. What do I mean?
    When people's well being is threatened in some way, and they feel nobody is listening or trying to help for a prolonged period of time, then they resort to what the rest of society perceive as extreme views. 

• SwolliwSwolliw 1037 Pts   -  
    @Thor
    Swolliw is actually over obsessed with his views. 

For example???? I'll answer that for you to save the agony of actually researching every post I have made. No, Swolliw is not over-obsessed with his views and there is not one shred of evidence to indicate otherwise.

• SwolliwSwolliw 1037 Pts   -  
    @Luigi7255
    Swolliw goes overboard,
    There is not one example that you can quote that "Swolliw goes overboard"

Atheists can be indifferent on religious issues, and this.

For example?

I don't think you have a clue as to what you are talking about.