Is Gaming good or bad for you? - The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com - Debate Anything The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally by activity where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

DebateIsland Referral Program: Get a Free Month of DebateIsland Diamond Premium Membership ($4.99 Value) Per Each New User That You Refer!

Is Gaming good or bad for you?

Debate Information

Students will read a short story about gaming.  They will determine off of the short story, testimony clip and their own life experiences if they believe that gaming is bad for you when it is done excessively. 

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• CYDdhartaCYDdharta 1603 Pts   -  
    Nothing done excessively is good; that's the definition of the term, "To a greater degree or in greater amounts than is necessary, normal, or desirable".
    TreeManMrDebatePerson2ThorDebater123OakTownA
  • Keal303NXQ3Keal303NXQ3 170 Pts   -  
    @LauraKelly No, it's not. Kids (like me) spend 2-3 hours maximum on the computer and that's really all you need. I'm excelling in school yet playing as well. However, one thing I'll say is that there are some students in my school who have terrible grades/undesirable ones in addition to playing an excessive amount of games. Just be wary of that. Other than that, gaming is fine when controlled.

Also, if you're wondering about pedophiles on certain online games, don't worry about that. Pedophiles don't come after people in places where they shouldn't be (like a dating app/site). Games like Fortnite, ROBLOX, Minecraft literally DO NOT have pedophiles. Stranger danger is only good in the real world and not in the virtual world. I suggest educating your child(ren) about sensitive information but let them talk. Games like that are full of kids and I mean it's very unlikely you'll have to deal with weird people. 

Discord is a chatting platform and if your child(ren) ever bring that up-don't worry. Discord is actually relatively safe. You will not run into pedos or things of that nature unless your child goes into a Discord server aimed for dating (that is an 18+). Tell them about the dangers of revealing sensitive information, but other than that, no, it's OK to let them go on Discord.
    MrDebatePerson2ThorOakTownANicholasBakerAaronMartinez
  • ThorThor 254 Pts   -  
    @LauraKelly

Gaming is among the favourites of today’s generation(including me). I strongly agree that anything should be not done in excess after which it is harmful. It is also applicable for gaming. It’s not like gaming only harm children, it also helps in developing some skills. It gives us enjoyment.

But yes there are lot of weird games out there, so one should guide small children what to play and what not. 18+ can play anything because they are mature enough. 

I have heard that professional gamers earn much money, they just have to play all day. Well, it would be quite tedious for me, because I can’t sit for too long on anything.
    NicholasBaker
    Peace 
  • LauraKellyLauraKelly 7 Pts   -  
    Argument Topic: The good and bad of gaming.

One good fact about gaming is that research has proven that it helps kids to be better problem solvers. 
  • MercedesReyesMercedesReyes 3 Pts   -  
    Argument Topic: Is gaming good or bad for kids

Gaming can help with life and job skills.
    DylanHernandez
  • MiguelangelRubioMiguelangelRubio 4 Pts   -  
    Argument Topic: Good and Bad of gaming

Research done had shown that surgeons who game at the minimum of 3 hours a week made 37% less mistakes in laparoscopic surgery and performed 27% faster than those surgeons who didnt.
    ColeButlerDylanHernandez
  • DylanHernandezDylanHernandez 8 Pts   -  
    Argument Topic: Could be both

Gaming can improve eye hand coordination and improve your reflexes. But like anything in the world, if played excessively, video games can be really bad. They can destroy your relationships with your family and friends. They can also influence in the way you act and think. They can also affect your mental, and physical health. So gaming be good for you but on the long run it could be really bad and unhealthy for you.
    JaylenJenkins
  • JulianSanchezJulianSanchez 2 Pts   -   edited June 8
    Argument Topic: The good and bad of gaming

According to the American Psychological Association, playing video games, including shooter games, can boost learning, health, and social skills. Gaming may strengthen a range of cognitive skills such as spatial navigation, reasoning, memory,
     and perception.

• AliVasquezAliVasquez 2 Pts   -  
    Argument Topic: Good facts

It is proven that with games it makes you think faster and just relaxes you.
  • ColeButlerColeButler 2 Pts   -  
    Argument Topic: The good and bad of baming

Studies show that kids who play video games may get a small boost to their reading skills
  • AlexaBurgoaAlexaBurgoa 2 Pts   -  
    Argument Topic: The good and bad benefits of gaming

Video games can improve-solving skills, mind ability to progress information.
  • RileyBensonRileyBenson 2 Pts   -  
    Argument Topic: The Pros and cons of gaming

From what I have seen gaming promotes creativity in young minds, and can help them to express themselves more.

One disadvantage of gaming is that it keeps you isolated from everything else around you. 
  • AlexaBurgoaAlexaBurgoa 2 Pts   -  
    Argument Topic: The good and bad benefits of gaming

Gaming can cause stress injuries, relationship issues, and social disconnection.  
  • MiguelangelRubioMiguelangelRubio 4 Pts   -  
    Argument Topic: Good and Bad of Gaming

Can create a dopamine addiction causing to push away and be hesitant about family, friends , health and even hygiene.
  • MarieHuizarMarieHuizar 2 Pts   -  
    Argument Topic: Argument Topic: Is gaming good or bad for kids

A fact about gaming is you can learn new languages by time

One disadvantage of gaming is that Lack of other hobbies and poor academic performance.
  • MercedesReyesMercedesReyes 3 Pts   -  
    Argument Topic: Is gaming good or bad for kids

Gaming can increase anxiety and depression.
  • MyaHernandezMyaHernandez 2 Pts   -  
    Argument Topic: Is gaming good or bad

Gaming can help with team work skills 
  • AlexisSoteloAlexisSotelo 2 Pts   -  
    Argument Topic: Is Gaming good or bad for you?

Video games improve basic visual processes

• DerickHolguinDerickHolguin 2 Pts   -  
    Argument Topic: Argument Topic: Is gaming good or bad for kids.

Games can make you a better problem solver.
  • NicholasBakerNicholasBaker 2 Pts   -  
    Argument Topic: Is gaming good or bad for kids?

In all seriousness, video games can have either good or bad effects. The good part of gaming is that they can improve hand-eye coordination, they can improve problem-solving skills, it also helps your mind's ability to process information, and gaming overall can provide a fun and social form of entertainment. 

The environment is safe for children if they're mature enough to play that game, such as rated M games are for more mature people that can handle what's happening in the game. It's the parent's responsibility for the kids actions and if they should be able to play that game. People need to understand that video games themselves are not bad, it's mainly the people who play it and who you're surrounded by. 
  • JakobSanchezJakobSanchez 2 Pts   -  
    Argument Topic: Gaming. Good or bad?

• Games are great for language gains.
    • Gaming is good for releasing stress
    Argument Topic: Cons

Video games can be very addicting, and detrimental to your well being.
    Research done had shown that surgeons who game at the minimum of 3 hours a week made 37% less mistakes in laparoscopic surgery and performed 27% faster than those surgeons who didnt.

• TristenNevarezTristenNevarez 9 Pts   -  
    Argument Topic: Is Gaming Good or Bad for you?

I think gaming is only bad for you when you take it too far like playing for more than 4 hours straight, not exercising, not getting enough sunlight(vitamin D deficient),  having poor mental health due to playing too much and not getting anything done.   
    NicholasBakerJorgeMartinez
  • DanielTarangoDanielTarango 2 Pts   -  
    Argument Topic: Is Gaming good or bad?

Fact:Gaming can improve creativity and imagination
  • MarieHuizarMarieHuizar 2 Pts   -  
    Argument Topic: Argument Topic: Is gaming good or bad for kids

Games are not always a good thing because most kids get addicted an stop listening to their parents
    Argument Topic: Is gaming good or bad?

Fact: Gaming for long amounts of time can cause sort term eye strain
  • MyaHernandezMyaHernandez 2 Pts   -  
    Argument Topic: Is gaming good or bad

It helps with school straigies 
    Argument Topic: Gaming Good or Bad

@MercedesReyes.   Mercedes I agree with you, but studies have also showed that it helps people with anxiety.  Some people even use gaming instead of seeing a psychiatrist.  Also it has helped people with schizophrenia to relax when they are going into a stressful situation that can make them spiral out of control.  
    Argument Topic: Is Gaming Good or Bad for you?

Explain that in further detail @MarieHuizar
    @MarieHuizar I totally agree with you. I have seen kids in some situations in which they yell at their parents when they interrupt their game telling them to do chores.
    Argument Topic: Gaming Good or Bad?

I am wondering what school strategies does it help with? @MyaHernandez
    Argument Topic: Positive opinion

In my personal experience it can be like a temporary escape from the stress of work. Sure the games may be just as stressful as working but it is fictional, and you don't actually have to deal with it because it is not set in stone.

opinion:Gaming is the best hobby
    @JakobSanchez That is true but some studies have also shown that kids who play video games online with people older than them have started using inappropriate language and hurtful insults. 

opinion; video games  causes violence 
    Give me an example. @MyaHernandez
    Argument Topic: Gaming Good or Bad?

How can you say it is the best.  You can't compare it to reading a good book. @DanielTarango
    @DanielTarango Gaming can be really entertaining and a good way to pass time but their is always better options when it comes to hobbies. For example, since I like cars very much, I started building model cars. I also help my family by making crafts for house decoration and this has made our home colorful and not dull.
    Argument Topic: Negative opinion

Sometimes the community gets really annoying, and rude while simultaneously calling you garbage.

Sometimes the community gets really annoying, and rude while simultaneously calling you garbage.

Argument Topic: sorry for posting so much

it kept giving me an error message but it posted them WHILE GIVING ME AN ERROR MESSAGE
  • EnriqueGuardiolaEnriqueGuardiola 3 Pts   -  

It is good because you get to spend time with family, and friends.#7
    ChristopherGarza
  • ChristopherGarzaChristopherGarza 3 Pts   -  
    Argument Topic: Gaming

Gamers have better reaction time
    AlexSaldivar
  • AaronMartinezAaronMartinez 2 Pts   -  
    Argument Topic: Gaming good or bad

Gaming helps you have keener eyes and faster reflexes.
  • MeahRamirezMeahRamirez 2 Pts   -  
    Argument Topic: Why gaming is bad

It has been proven that it can cause anxiety, depression, and social problems. - meah Ramirez
    NekoChavez-Gray