frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

How can different roles/tasks imply a differentiation among the hypostases?

Debate Information

Christians claim that the hypostases or persons of the Trinity are differentiated as a result of their different tasks/roles, but I ask how can a differentiation in occupation imply a differentiation in person? 

Person A and Person B have two different and separate jobs, are they different in being or substance as a result of the differentiation of occupation? No, they are still the same in substance and person (human) and only differ regarding occupation. Roles, though don't have any tangible effect on our substanility or being, and thus I believe it is not logical to say that a differentiation in occupation somehow implies a differentiation of the whole person. If substance is what the person is, then in order for there to be a differentiation in the person the substance would have to be different, as this is the only tangible method of differentiating the persons.  But clearly the persons only have one and the same substance, so from here arises a problem. I argue that this differentiation has no logical, or rational backing to it.

Although I'll have to admit I'm not sure as to what "person" means, and it needs to be defined. Is persons short for personality, meaning three distinct personalities? Or is person an actually person or part of the Trinity?

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
Tie
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments