Your Favorite War Movies? - The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com - Debate Anything The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally by activity where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

DebateIsland Referral Program: Get a Free Month of DebateIsland Diamond Premium Membership ($4.99 Value) Per Each New User That You Refer!

Your Favorite War Movies?

Debate Information

Greetings!

Although I have watched Ghibli's 'Grave of Fireflies', it depicts the war situations deeply. But last night, I watch a Turkish series, 'Ayla: The Daughter of War', where a Turkish soldier rescues a South Korean girl. It was a very emotional movie. I think it is based on a true event, but he had not been allowed to keep this girl with him unluckily. So he moves to Turkey and never meets this little girl. Probably, in 2010, he meets the girl again when she was in her late 50s. It is a very emotional movie.

So, I want to watch more movies like this. That's why I am asking for suggestions for such emotional war movies. Please share your thoughts. Spoilers are also OK for me.

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• MrDebatePerson2MrDebatePerson2 184 Pts   -  
    Argument Topic: Well...

Sergeant York.
    BonitaVanhooser
  • BonitaVanhooserBonitaVanhooser 123 Pts   -  
    Argument Topic: Reply

@MrDebatePerson2 looking interesting one but it is a little old one. I want any recent movie. 
    MrDebatePerson2
  • maxxmaxx 669 Pts   -  
    Argument Topic: war movies

aldi murphy, which is based upon a true event; and saving private ryan, and blackhawk down@BonitaVanhooser
    BonitaVanhooser
  • BonitaVanhooserBonitaVanhooser 123 Pts   -  
    Argument Topic: Re:

maxx said:
    aldi murphy, which is based upon a true event; and saving private ryan, and blackhawk down@BonitaVanhooser
    Saving Private Ryan looking very interesting but I would choose between the last two. Thanks for the suggestion. 
  • maxxmaxx 669 Pts   -  
    Argument Topic: yes

black hawk down can be very disturbing. also it is based on a real event as well@BonitaVanhooser
  • MichaelElpersMichaelElpers 819 Pts   -   edited June 3
    @BonitaVanhooser

Hurt locker, Fury, Hacksaw Ridge, Glory.

Inglorious Bastards isn't bad if you can stand Tarantino's style.

If you haven't watched band of Brothers that's a must.
    BonitaVanhooser
    Argument Topic: Hey

Does Star Wars count?  :D :trollface:
    BonitaVanhooser
  • CYDdhartaCYDdharta 1603 Pts   -  
    Black Hawk Down was fantastic.  Some other good ones were When Trumpets Fade, Stalingrad (unusual in giving the German infantryman's POV), and Tae Guk Gi (the only Korean war film I know of that gives the Korean's POV)
    BonitaVanhooser
  • JulesKorngoldJulesKorngold 72 Pts   -  
    Argument Topic: Emotional Vietnam War Movies

@BonitaVanhooser
    Casualties of War, Platoon, Full Metal Jacket, Born on The Fourth of July, Good Morning Vietnam

And, although not specifically a war movie, Forrest Gump deals very emotionally with the Vietnam War.
    BonitaVanhooser
  • SwolliwSwolliw 937 Pts   -   edited June 5
    Argument Topic: Religious War Movies

@BonitaVanhooser

* War Room
      * The Message
      * The War Within
      * The Flowers of War (staring Christian Bale)
      * Heaven's War
      * Heaven the First War
      * Saints and Soldiers
      * In Our Hands
      * The Prayer War Room of Every Woman
      * Angel Wars
      * My Wars with Prayer
      * Unholy War
      * The Global War on Christians

I could go on and on and never finish the list since that is the nature of religious war movies.
    Just like in real life, religious wars will continue to go on and on.
    BonitaVanhooser
    Argument Topic: I got one.

1917, it is a recently made war movie and I have heard it is incredible.
    Argument Topic: It is old, but still great.

The Great Escape, I love it, one of my favorites.
  • JeanJean 30 Pts   -  
    Argument Topic: information

Stephen Spielberg's adaptation of a 1982 novel that found a second life as a much-loved play in the aughts follows a young soldier named Albert (Jeremy Irvine) and his horse Joey on an episodic journey across World War I Europe. There they find no glory in fighting, just cruelty, absurdity, and horror. Albert finds moments of grace and hope in the midst of the bloodshed, thanks to Joey’s unlikely survival. Of course, I was in tears. The execution by firing squad of the two German brothers broke my heart.

David Kross on the War Horse
  • SwolliwSwolliw 937 Pts   -  
    @MrDebatePerson2
    The Great Escape, I love it, one of my favorites.

Is that where you learnt to escape from giving intelligent, relevant answers to questions that dare oppose your views?

MrDebatePerson2
    It's cute how you are trying so hard to upset me, I see your remarks as foolish and immature, but not hurtful by any means whatsoever, why do you even try? @Swolliw
    You are a obvious example of a Bigot, look it up kid.
  • PulsarPulsar 17 Pts   -   edited June 6
    Argument Topic: Umm...

@BonitaVanhooser

Life is Beautiful(1997).

It is a War/Romance movie. One Jewish father crosses his every limit to show his son that they are not in Nazi camp but it is something like game, or what child would cherish, through humour. Extraordinary movie.
  • maxxmaxx 669 Pts   -  
    see what i mean?  you simply can not keep your obsession out of any post that you answer.  you really need a psychologist@Swolliw