Can Catholics Answer This Hypothetical? - The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com - Debate Anything The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally by activity where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

Learn more about DebateIsland.com's EdTech solution aimed at Middle Schools and High Schools, DebateIsland Education, here!

Can Catholics Answer This Hypothetical?

Debate Information

Supposing you are a mother-to-be.
And, just suppose it is possible to not only tell the sex of an unborn fetus but also, the sexual inclination of that fetus.

Would you get an abortion if the fetus is gay?

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• MichaelElpersMichaelElpers 860 Pts   -  
    @Swolliw

Lol.  
    Shows how little you know about catholic religion. I don't remember the ten commandments stating though shall not kill (except if they are gay).
  • SwolliwSwolliw 1037 Pts   -  
    @MichaelElpers
    Shows how little you know about catholic religion. I don't remember the ten commandments stating though shall not kill (except if they are gay).

I know a heck of a lot about Catholicism, obviously a lot more than your ability to articulate ideas.

What you are trying to say is anybody's guess and, quite frankly, not worth the time of day.

• TrueLoveTrueLove 295 Pts   -  
    Swolliw said:
    @MichaelElpers

I know a heck of a lot about Catholicism, obviously a lot more than your ability to articulate ideas.

What you are trying to say is anybody's guess and, quite frankly, not worth the time of day.

You have a lot of complexes don't you?
    Oh how I love the Word of God!
    @TrueLove

Okay then, you translate what he was trying to say, then we both may be able to help him.

Swolliw said:
    @TrueLove

Okay then, you translate what he was trying to say, then we both may be able to help him.

We are not to murder.  It is murder to abort a human growing in the womb.
    @TrueLove

Has anyone ever been charged and convicted of murder for aborting an undeveloped fetus? No.

Who says it is murder to abort a human growing in a womb? Radical religious zealots who shun the law of the land and human rights, that's who.

• TrueLoveTrueLove 295 Pts   -   edited June 30
    Swolliw said:
    @TrueLove

Has anyone ever been charged and convicted of murder for aborting an undeveloped fetus? No.

Who says it is murder to abort a human growing in a womb? Radical religious zealots who shun the law of the land and human rights, that's who.

You need your government to tell you what is right and wrong?  You need a doctor to validate whether or not you really had a cold?  God says the law is for the wicked.  Maybe now you can understand why.

TreeMan
    @TrueLove
    You need your government to tell you what is right and wrong?  You need a doctor to validate whether or not you really had a cold?  God says the law is for the wicked.

We all know that, however, your inflammatory statement was, "It is murder to abort a human growing in the womb."

Show me where your government or my government (state) has legislated that it is murder to abort within 24 weeks of pregnancy. And where in the bible or anywhere else does God say that a law to abort within 24 weeks of pregnancy is wicked?

• TrueLoveTrueLove 295 Pts   -   edited July 1
    Swolliw said:
    @TrueLove
    You need your government to tell you what is right and wrong?  You need a doctor to validate whether or not you really had a cold?  God says the law is for the wicked.

We all know that, however, your inflammatory statement was, "It is murder to abort a human growing in the womb."

Show me where your government or my government (state) has legislated that it is murder to abort within 24 weeks of pregnancy. And where in the bible or anywhere else does God say that a law to abort within 24 weeks of pregnancy is wicked?

If you say you had a cold, should I only believe you did if you went to a doctor and he said you did?

The baby is alive until you end that life.  It is common sense that it is murder.
    @TrueLove
    The baby is alive until you end that life.  It is common sense that it is murder.

It may be your sense, but it certainly is not common sense.

In other words, the questions I asked were merely rhetorical. God never said such a thing and nor did the law of the land. That is common sense.

Your sense of what constitutes murder is far from what society regards as murder and even what God considers murder. Nowhere, but nowhere does the Christian God ever say that to abort a fetus before 24 weeks is murder, is there? So, let's be rational, your view is extreme and offensive to most caring, thinking people in modern, civilised society.

TreeMan
    Swolliw said:
    @TrueLove

It may be your sense, but it certainly is not common sense.

In other words, the questions I asked were merely rhetorical. God never said such a thing and nor did the law of the land. That is common sense.

Your sense of what constitutes murder is far from what society regards as murder and even what God considers murder. Nowhere, but nowhere does the Christian God ever say that to abort a fetus before 24 weeks is murder, is there? So, let's be rational, your view is extreme and offensive to most caring, thinking people in modern, civilised society.

It is a human life at the time of conception.
    You end the human life then it is murder.
    God says do not murder.
    You don't have enough sense to figure that out?
  • Swolliw said:
    And, just suppose it is possible to not only tell the sex of an unborn fetus but also, the sexual inclination of that fetus.

The type of separation you are making based on a single religion of Catholic is unconstitutional while the question you ask is in a legal united States subject to legal precedent. The crime of Pregnancy abortion in America is perjury and invasion of privacy, not or attempted murder or murder committed by a woman, which is what has been described by the perjury originally started by legal counsel in Texas legislation plus the many nations in the world. A constitutional basic principle requires we must describe a set boundary as gay, not to including the basic principle of a person displaying a state of happiness.

Were, when, preserving simple constitution a homosexual as a lawyer, or even just a person filing a civil lawsuit has/a had obligation to state the whole truth while under oath. they, any or all homosexuals can and always could be married by addressing the responsibility they alone hold in the basic united State of Holly matrimony created by legal precedent, the dangerous and natural process of human creating life. The idea of a basic principle being used to fabricate perjury as a witness account on official legal documents was the obstacle of law which is not itself a likelihood to the prosperity of a nation.

As for the ending of life a man and woman who are capable of prolonging an embryo's life and do not are committing the same murder. Yes, Swolliw I admit to the use of lethal force because I will not sexually assault a woman without her consent. I am asked as a man of honor to assume that blame as the act of pregnancy and birth is a physically demanding process on women. After 50 years I grew tired of the legal and medical professions not addressing the crime of invasion of privacy created by influences of law outside America. I will not ever concede to the accusation of murder and only admit that lethal force is a necessity to ensure a woman has the best and safest opportunities allowed her by United States in Constitution.

FEMALE-SPECIFIC AMPUTATION IS NOT ABORTION.
  • @TrueLove

It is a human life at the time of conception.
    You end the human life then it is murder.
    God says do not murder.
    You don't have enough sense to figure that out?

It is a human life at the time of embryo creation, when and where, this whole truth in basic principle. Prove an embryo a woman creates is other than human scientifically or medically at its creation inside the bodies of all human women before harvest or use, and I would concede the act of grievance criminal perjury...
    The argument is over a united state of lethal force, a force which is not by any standard presumable as murder in all conditions of occurrence as a united state with women. GOD clearly describes in writing do not lie. 

American's are all republican because they can be placed and held in a united state which creates them all equal by legal precedent. When has an embryo a woman's body created naturally turned out to be from any other animal on earth? A vote in basic principle is what is required to be part of democracy, the basic principle is the people assigning a right to vote can lie and it is the voter who commits the crime.

Talking about bad coaching...the goal for a constitutional right for all women as a untied state is in the other direction...
  • SonofasonSonofason 326 Pts   -  
    Swolliw said:

There is no such entity.
    TrueLove
  • SonofasonSonofason 326 Pts   -  
    Swolliw said:
    @TrueLove

That is because the non-radical religious zealots haven't a shred of morality.
    TrueLove
    @Sonofason

They have "morality" all right. I think it's just that their morals are based on the wrong precepts. You could blame the Bible with all its primitive, ancient doctrines but I think it goes deeper than that. Many people are religious because they hide behind their already ingrained fears and prejudices.

• SonofasonSonofason 326 Pts   -   edited July 14
    Swolliw said:
    @Sonofason

They have "morality" all right. I think it's just that their morals are based on the wrong precepts. You could blame the Bible with all its primitive, ancient doctrines but I think it goes deeper than that. Many people are religious because they hide behind their already ingrained fears and prejudices.

Please allow me to repeat myself..."That is because the non-radical religious zealots haven't a shred of morality"
    I'll be more clear in my intent...The non-radical, non-religious, leftist zealots haven't a shred of morality
    @Sonofason
    Please allow me to repeat myself
    I'll be more clear in my intent...The non-radical, non-religious, leftist zealots haven't a shred of morality

You are not repeating yourself, you are contradicting yourself because you said, "......the non-radical religious zealots".

What the heck are you trying to say and what the heck are they putting in your kool-aid at pre-school?

John_C_87 said:
    @TrueLove

It is a human life at the time of embryo creation, when and where, this whole truth in basic principle. Prove an embryo a woman creates is other than human scientifically or medically at its creation inside the bodies of all human women before harvest or use, and I would concede the act of grievance criminal perjury...

Could you explain what you said to me?  Are you asking me to prove an embryo is not human?

The argument is over a united state of lethal force, a force which is not by any standard presumable as murder in all conditions of occurrence as a united state with women.

So you go by some humans making a law to make you feel that it is right?  The law says you can marry and divorce as much as you want, but what does Jesus say?

GOD clearly describes in writing do not lie. 

What are you saying that God says?

American's are all republican because they can be placed and held in a united state which creates them all equal by legal precedent. When has an embryo a woman's body created naturally turned out to be from any other animal on earth? A vote in basic principle is what is required to be part of democracy, the basic principle is the people assigning a right to vote can lie and it is the voter who commits the crime.  Talking about bad coaching...the goal for a constitutional right for all women as a untied state is in the other direction...

I can't make out what you are talking about.