Is My God the One and Only True God? - The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com - Debate Anything The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally by activity where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Learn more about DebateIsland.com's EdTech solution aimed at Middle Schools and High Schools, DebateIsland Education, here!

Is My God the One and Only True God?

Debate Information

"Oh but it is true, my God is better, he is the one and just so happens to be the only God and it is the truth". 

Now, if that is so why not, if say, you are a Christian, walk into your local Mosque during prayers and utter that statement at the top of your lungs?
Similarly, if you are a Muslim why not walk into your local Church during prayers and do the same? (in this case you might just wake everybody up:))

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• "Oh but it is true, my God is better, he is the one and just so happens to be the only God and it is the truth". 

My God is better...
    If we are to instigate violence and unrest let's do it right, I will enter both church and Mosque and let them know you have given instruction to disrupt their service at a most disrespectful time...I question the motives behind your request?
    I am preserving a general state of constitution by the findings I have made on GOD as axiom.
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 3946 Pts   -  
    People in the town where I lived a while ago did just that. There was a Baptist church, and a mosque nearby, and the folks from both often hanged out together. I have no idea if they prayed together or not, but it would not surprise me to learn that they, indeed, did.

From my observations, on the West nowadays most people are, what I call, "culturally religious": they go to churches mostly for social and communal reasons, and all the religious stuff there is mostly a roleplay, similarly to how in Japan "weeboos" roleplay various anime characters when spending time together.
    Actually deeply religious people seem to be gradually going extinct. When you can get access to millions books with a couple of clicks, there are very few reasons to single out one book and get your worldview out of it.

It is quite different on the Middle East and in northern Africa, but even there I believe modernity will make it through eventually. I doubt that more than 1% of all Middle East inhabitants will believe in Allah by 2100.
  • SwolliwSwolliw 1037 Pts   -  
    @John_C_87
    and let them know you have given instruction to disrupt their service at a most disrespectful time..

No, you don't want to do that. You see, passing the buck by saying Swolliw told you to do it, ain't going to cut the mustard. Disrupting their service at a most (dis)respectful time? I hardly think so. Each person sitting there numbly with his hands clenched respects only himself and his own self-gratifying ego.

@MayCaesar
    Actually deeply religious people seem to be gradually going extinct. When you can get access to millions books with a couple of clicks, there are very few reasons to single out one book and get your worldview out of it.
    It is quite different on the Middle East and in northern Africa, but even there I believe modernity will make it through eventually. I doubt that more than 1% of all Middle East inhabitants will believe in Allah by 2100.

Yes, quite right. When I went to Church as a kid, I would cringe at the congregation gathered around for tea (and stale biscuits) after the service, holding the teacup with two fingers and saying nice pleasantries with their heads half-cocked and forced smiles on their dials. And then each would make sure everyone sees them casually slip into their Beemers, Mercs and Audis then drive home. All part of the culture you see.

• Swolliw said:
    @John_C_87
    and let them know you have given instruction to disrupt their service at a most disrespectful time..

No, you don't want to do that. You see, passing the buck by saying Swolliw told you to do it, ain't going to cut the mustard. Disrupting their service at a most (dis)respectful time? I hardly think so. Each person sitting there numbly with his hands clenched respects only himself and his own self-gratifying ego.

I can't do that because your orders are given to a specific religion and passing the buck is already started by the conditions of the question. Again one common defense can be better than others GOD is an axiom is not saying the axiom is GOD. the first statement is a basic truth or better yet a whole truth that is self-evident. That a person knows that in math like in algebra a letter can be a number value a person needs to establish they are not able to understand that a series of numerical values can be arranged in order of logic is self-evident and simple is always mistaken for a word.

By common defense, a subject matter has to be able to be presented in a way that can be understood. As algebra is already instructed and understood its use is a basic principle leveraged as legal precedent. People have learned that a number value can be assigned or displayed as a letter and any word may simply be an incidental created by a progressive increase in value. Where it is complex it is also simple, the simple principle is even more powerful than an atomic bomb. A hydrogen bomb may destroy evidence of algebra or the documentation of the number value, values, or logic that is held in the axiom. The reason for the logic goes untested until redefined by natural course.
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 3946 Pts   -  
    @Swolliw

There was a great Baptist church I used to frequent when working in Virginia as an exchange student. I was broke, and the place where I lived featured no Internet access - so I would go to that church, where they had a lot of computers with Internet, and hang out there. Often I would talk to the attendants, we would share snacks, play board games and just have a great time.

They had no issue with me being openly atheist, and they never pestered me with their religion either. It was a social place, more than anything. I even had a strong suspicion that the attendants themselves were not religious, from the way they talked.
    TreeMan
    @MayCaesar
    They had no issue with me being openly atheist, and they never pestered me with their religion either. It was a social place, more than anything. I even had a strong suspicion that the attendants themselves were not religious, from the way they talked.

That's cool, and that is a great way for Churches to interact with the community.

@John_C_87
    ......your orders are given to a specific religion .....

Not at all. I don't and never have given orders. In any case, I did use the word "say", in the context of "for example". So, the thread is open to include all religions and, or supernatural beliefs. Makes no difference to me, they are all the same wacko, delusional, God is mine crap anyway.

• "Now, if that is so why not, if say, you are a Christian"
    This is not your writing? You give orders to the Christian... @Swolliw
    @John_C_87
    This is not your writing? You give orders to the Christian.
    It is my writing, as per the thread, and I gave no orders of any sort.
    If I was going to be absolutely sure of being impartial, I would say, "if you are a Muslim, or a Christian or a Hindu or a........(list all the other of the ten thousand Gods)" then I would cover myself. But then some clot-head is bound to come along and say that I did not include their particular God and therefore I am biased and dictating orders etc. etc..
    it never ends, does it?....me being the only sane level-headed person here and having to deal with all the whys and wherefores and what nots.

• If I was going to be absolutely sure of being impartial, I would say, "if you are a Muslim, or a Christian or a Hindu or a........(list all the other of the ten thousand Gods)
    If imperial, a person would say religion under a numerical axiom of GOD, emphasis on describing a logical numerical series of numbers and a verbal basic separation between religion and the language of math. GOD is used as a united state or specification you otherwise unable and cannot describe as authentic in basic principle, meaning it is not available in any translations used on the interpretation of imperial by your commitment to representing one side of an argument. The side you have chosen is GOD is only religion and religion only.

The basic principle is you do not know...any other representation than that of the religious GOD.
    I did know other representation and was given liberty by orders from superior in a chain of command, that knowledge with instruction of discretion as to the use of stating additional understandings of GOD the axiom, for this action was/is a clear and present danger from people who will insist GOD is only a religion.
    @John_C_87
     a numerical axiom... for this action was/is a clear and present danger from people who will insist GOD is only a religion.

Which has absolutely nothing to do with the price of bee's wax at all.

The question (and topic) is, would you tell any other person who worships God in any other form whatsoever that you alone worship the one and only true God and that everyone else is a complete di**head and will rot in Hell? Or at least, would you think that?

• Which has absolutely nothing to do with the price of bee's wax at all.
    I did not write the numerical axiom, no human fabricated the numerical value it is a direct result of math itself.
    I just told you...
    You worship God in your own way...You insist it is not tangent in such a way that makes it Consitutional to be recognized by a government non-religiously. I can see the torment in your writing...