Is Bisexuality a result of curiosity? - The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com - Debate Anything The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally by activity where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Learn more about DebateIsland.com's EdTech solution aimed at Middle Schools and High Schools, DebateIsland Education, here!

Is Bisexuality a result of curiosity?

Debate Information

The fact that you clicked on this thread surely indicates that you are at least bi-curious.
So, what is it that gives us the quality of curiosity? There must be some in-grown impetus that drives us toward wanting to know more about what's going on around us.
Could it be that we need to be curious in order to stay alive as part of our survival instinct?
Or, could it be that we are "given" a sense of curiosity in order to continue making the world a better place?
Pulsar

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• @Swolliw
    FYI in the cost of word state, I can tell you two forms of sexuality (Bi-sexual) is defining by word a clear limit to an attraction a person might share of a person of the same gender in the simplest way possible. the word however can be used to describe differences between casual and passionate relationships as well... if a person would wish to do so.
  • SwolliwSwolliw 1037 Pts   -  
    @John_C_87
     I can tell you two forms of sexuality (Bi-sexual) is defining by word a clear limit to an attraction

Good point there. Any hot-blooded heterosexual would be a liar if he said that he never at least thought about the same sex in the Biblical sense.

• @Swolliw
    Good point there. Any hot-blooded heterosexual would be a liar if he said that he never at least thought about the same sex in the Biblical sense.
    lol....
    At least once...
    @John_C_87
    At least once...

Yeah, I once thought of giving Zac Efron one although I was wearing my beer goggles at the time.

• iamathiestiamathiest 17 Pts   -  
    I consider myself lesbian now, but I did have a "bi" faze. Curiosity is the biggest drive for people especially now that it is becoming widely accepted. Many people are not afraid to follow their tendencies now, so they find an attraction to the same sex and they may like it, they may not. 
    We are all curious to know our true self, and the only way to do that is to do things that help you really understand what you like and don't like. I think that is why we have that curiosity factor. It's that feeling that makes us want to know what things are like. We literally come out of the womb curious. Yk like when babies first discover they can throw . They are curious of what they can do. It's a part of life.
    @iamathiest
    I consider myself lesbian now, but I did have a "bi" faze. 

Good post. I think it is great that we can now accept sexuality for what it is, something that we all will discover rather than must conform to. One thing I must ask though, is what do you think about "pan-sexual"? Maybe you are actually also going through a pan faze.

Swolliw said:
    @iamathiest
    I consider myself lesbian now, but I did have a "bi" faze. 

Good post. I think it is great that we can now accept sexuality for what it is, something that we all will discover rather than must conform to. One thing I must ask though, is what do you think about "pan-sexual"? Maybe you are actually also going through a pan faze.

This is actually a good question. I have been thinking about it and wondering if I would consider myself pan. I told someone not too long ago that although I identify as lesbian, if i met a genuine guy that I felt a connection with I would be with them. So it has been something I have questioned recently.
    @iamathiest
    So it has been something I have questioned recently.

The main thing is that you go with your feelings without thinking too much and the answer will come. It would be no great loss to not go with a guy anyway; we are a pretty repulsive race really.

@Swolliw
    yes.. very repulsive. But I like to think that there are good guys out there but it would take me a lot to be with one. I really am leaning towards pan because really I am just attracted to personality.