In terms of the vaccine, it's your body - your choice. In terms of abortion - NO choice at all - The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com - Debate Anything The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally by activity where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

In terms of the vaccine, it's your body - your choice. In terms of abortion - NO choice at all

Debate Information

Hello:

What's wrong with this?

excon

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• Luigi7255Luigi7255 286 Pts   -  
    Either way, it's a contradictory statement. You can't support one without the other.
    anarchist100
    "I will never change who I am just because you do not approve."
  • BlastcatBlastcat 178 Pts   -   edited September 14
    excon said:
    Hello:

What's wrong with this?

excon

The first thing that I noticed is that the statement makes a false equivalency, and is therefore, a fallacious comment.

Most people who are anti-abortion tell me that personhood begins at conception. A cell isn't a person.
    Even a whole bunch of human cells can't make rational or emotional choices. They can't choose, for example, to live or not to live. Not one way or the other and they are oblivious, uncaring about either outcome.

The UN has decided that personhood begins at birth. So, their basic human rights don't come into effect until then. As soon as they are born, they have full human rights. Not before.

Anti-abortion people reject that decision.
    But it represents the world's best thinking right now.

And it's worse than a false equivalency. I say that this kind of thinking is dangerous:

There is a high correlation between being anti-abortion and supporting Donald Trump, so I would expect that a lot of anti-abortion people also reject the notion that Biden won the 2020 election.

Rejecting reality in favour of what one desires is not only fallacious thinking but extremely dangerous. We have seen how Trump supporters aren't opposed to using violence in order to get their way. Right now, the Capitol police are on high alert because they fear more violence from these "Pro-Life"/ Pro-Trump people.
    OakTownA
  • CYDdhartaCYDdharta 1647 Pts   -  
    excon said:
    Hello:

What's wrong with this?

excon

It's the exact opposite of current policy.  The Biden admin's policy is; in terms of abortion, it's your body - your choice. In terms of the vaccine - NO choice at all.

Glad I could clear that up for you.
  • Luigi7255Luigi7255 286 Pts   -  
    If you support bodily autonomy with abortions, you must support the choice to not get the vaccine, and vice versa. Which both Republicans and Democrats contradict themselves on that statement.
    anarchist100PlaffelvohfenBlastcat
    "I will never change who I am just because you do not approve."
  • PlaffelvohfenPlaffelvohfen 2769 Pts   -  
    @Luigi7255

I do support the right for people to not get the vaccine, it's their body & their choice, I would denounce any initiative to physically vaccine people against their will...

But that said, the mandate doesn't force people to get it...  If your employer requires that you do get it, anti-vaxxers are totally free to change jobs... 
    anarchist100CYDdhartaBlastcat
    " Adversus absurdum, contumaciter ac ridens! "
  • MichaelElpersMichaelElpers 888 Pts   -  
    @Luigi7255

The prolife stance would be that there is another body ( the fetus) that should be protected.
    Blastcat
  • CYDdhartaCYDdharta 1647 Pts   -  
    @Luigi7255

I do support the right for people to not get the vaccine, it's their body & their choice, I would denounce any initiative to physically vaccine people against their will...

But that said, the mandate doesn't force people to get it...  If your employer requires that you do get it, anti-vaxxers are totally free to change jobs... 
    Kinda like "separate but equal"
    Plaffelvohfen
  • xlJ_dolphin_473xlJ_dolphin_473 1572 Pts   -  
    @Luigi7255
    As far as I'm aware, being a Democrat or a Republican is to do with left-wing vs right wing, not authoritarian vs libertarian...
    Do correct me if I'm wrong, but I would have assumed that how much personal choice is allowed should be plotted on an entirely different axis to how left-leaning or right-leaning you are...
    Blastcat
  • Unborn Baby Quotes  Sayings  Unborn Baby Picture Quotes
  • excon said:
    Hello:

What's wrong with this?

excon
    The legal representation process and the medical institution do not tangle the receipt of a vaccine in such a way that it is self-incrimination to a felony crime just to receive a needle as a shot. Pregnancy Abortion was found to do so 48 years ago in America. That what's wrong the word abortion is a description that forces the loss of privacy.