Should we study epistemology in grade school? - The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com - Debate Anything The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally by activity where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Should we study epistemology in grade school?

Debate Information

1. the theory of knowledge, especially with regard to its methods, validity, and scope. Epistemology is the investigation of what distinguishes justified belief from opinion.
       2. Having a reliable epistemology can help us tell the difference between fake news, and real news. We don't want to fall for propaganda nor conspiracy theories.

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• DeeDee 4487 Pts   -  
    What is knowledge?

• BlastcatBlastcat 362 Pts   -  
    Dee said:
    What is knowledge?

I'd be surprised to find out that you don't have the internet.
    Try "Google".
    Dee
  • DeeDee 4487 Pts   -  
    @Blastcat

So would I , maybe I’m replying to you by using witchcraft 

Try "Google".

Unlike you I can formulate my own opinions without resorting to google opinions  …..I suggest in future that maybe you should have a basic understanding of the topics you post up but then again that would be a “ momentous “ first for you 
    Blastcat
  • BlastcatBlastcat 362 Pts   -   edited September 17
    Dee said:
    @Blastcat

So would I , maybe I’m replying to you by using witchcraft 

Try "Google".

Unlike you I can formulate my own opinions without resorting to google opinions  …

I meant "Do your own research".
    If you don't know what knowledge is, go find out what the experts say, and then, formulate your own opinions.

Don't ask others to formulate your opinions.
    Dee
  • DeeDee 4487 Pts   -   edited September 17
    @Blastcat

I meant "Do your own research". 

Did you indeed , I don’t need to I’m asking you what you think but you keep deflecting , can you try?

If you don't know what knowledge is

But again I’ve asked you what it is what are you afraid of? You post a topic up and you cannot even say what knowledge is ?

, go find out what the experts say,

“experts” I don’t appeal to authorities I will leave that to you 

and then, formulate your own opinions.

Don't ask others to formulate your opinions.

Which is why I didn’t yet you did as you claim google and “experts “ know what you don’t , I may take part in your debate when you actually have an idea as to what you’re on about you seem totally at sea ….again …..I’m sorry simple questions throw you into defensive mode , maybe that’s something you need to work on?
    Blastcat
  • @Blastcat

Yes, absolutely. Epistemology should be part of the curriculum. Imo, some of our most contentious debates are really battles of epistemological views.
    Blastcat
    I want to believe as many true things and as few false things as possible.
  • BlastcatBlastcat 362 Pts   -  
    @Blastcat

Yes, absolutely. Epistemology should be part of the curriculum. Imo, some of our most contentious debates are really battles of epistemological views.

Id love to see the school books..
    Jack and Jill go up a hill discussing what it means to have a justified belief.... something like that.
    I would sure like to read it.
    Dee